Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Vaseline Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi,
I was wondering if u could recommend a product for the lips ??
I would like to keep them moist, healthy and shiny Wink

I'm using Vaseline in the meantime ... is this an ok product for the lips ??
Thank-u very much Big Grin
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Waving I would appreciate an answer
Hi Lila

I'm not convinced vaseline is particularly good for any part of the skin. My understanding is that it stops moisture from getting in. But someone else will have to clarify that. I'm sure there's posts about it here somewhere.

I have very chapped lips. I've tried vaseline and chap-sticks. None of them worked. They offered temporary relief from dryness but then less than an hour later my lips would still be dry and chapped. Only thing I've found that keeps my lips moisturised and heals the chappiness is a defence balm called Derma Butter made by Epidermx (now called Naturderm)that I bought last year. Problem is that they've stopped making it now.

lol. But the point I was trying to make before I started rambling is if you want moisturised lips steer clear of vaseline or any petroleum jelly.
Finally an answer !!!
LOL
I checked out the product but it has ingredients that I don't particulary like Frowner

Hi Dani and THANK-U for taking the time, I appreciate it Big Grin ... hmmm NOT sure what to do now ??
I guess I will wait for Dr. Pickart ... he will know for sure Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Hi Lila

You're welcome!

After second thoughts I was thinking I probably shouldn't have put you off of something that works for you. Especially with the sketchy info I provided.

If you like the vaseline why not just continue? You'll soon know whether it's working or not. I know some people swear by it but I'm just not convinced by it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Hi again and thanks again
I will go take a look at it right away !!

In the meantime; I'm still waiting for Dr. Pickarts reply ... must be a busy time of the year at SkinBiology Napping
Hi. Vaseline is a petroleum-based product. It has low water soluability. Vaseline can trap bacteria underneath it, and allow bacteria to grow.

I think the biggest challenge with lip treatments is that they get licked off the lips inadvertently. It may always be a problem. I've heard that the average female eats a half a pound of lipstick, etc., over the course of their lifetime. Who wants to eat petroleum?

Personally, I use a simple lip gloss that is lightly tinted (Neutrogena or Bonne Bell have good ones). This helps to protect and to make my lips look nicer. I also use a Buf-puf in the shower to gently exfoliate my lips (and face). I also do "Flex Effect" face exercises which include lip exercises (flexeffect.com). Face exercises help circulation, health, and appearance.

Finally, attending to all areas of your health (exercise, nutrition, sleep, love, etc.,)will help with everything including your lips. That's my two cents!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ironhorse,
I appreciate ur input, Thank-u Big Grin
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Vasoline can provide a good temporary barrier for skin protection.

I recommend that you use more natural barrier oils such as squalane and emu oil.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,
Oh, I didn't really realize that I could also use my cp serum for my lips Eeker

I also use emu oil once in a while Waving
Thank-u very much Dr. Pickart
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Some women long distance runners use Trireduction Cream on their lips to avoid chapping.
That's great to know, thanks again Dr. Pickart Big Grin Waving