Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Help with products for eye area Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello,

Two weeks ago I started using CP Ultimate Eye Cream after a long break from SB products (4 four years). However I just read you strongly recommend starting with Super GHK Copper Cream. So did I make a misstake? I have used for two weeks already and it feels ok, although the sagging of the eyes have gotten a little worse, I think. Is that a bad sign or just an initial fase? Should I order GHK Copper Creamn and use that instead? I rather not since I live in Europe and it takes long time for it to arrive.

Or, there is one more option. I have some unopened CP Night eyes left from a few years ago. Can I use that instead?

By the way it says Super GHK Copper Cream has strength 5.2 and CP Ultimate Eye Cream has strenght 2. Doesn't this mean GHK Copper Cream is stronger? Or are you using a different scale for eye products?

Thanks in advance!
Kriss
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Around the eyes, use any product very lightly. The eye skin is the thinnest on the body and is often damaged by color cosmetics.

Because of buried skin damage, older skin may rise to the surface before it is removed.

Look at http://www.reverseskinaging.co...ied-skin-damage.html.

Actually you should have started with the very mild CP Ulimate Eyes. It takes time to adjust to the copper peptides.

Many of our clients who have used copper peptides say the Super GHK Cream works better around the eyes, but this product should be started slowly and not used every day.
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by kristos282:

Or, there is one more option. I have some unopened CP Night eyes left from a few years ago. Can I use that instead?

Dear kristos282,

Just to briefly address some of your other questions:

CP Ultimate Eyes is the same as CP Night Eyes (renamed to make sure clients understand that they can use this product any time, day or night). It is a great way to start.

If you still have CP Night Eyes, check the mfg date you still may be able to use it.

quote:
Originally posted by kristos282:

By the way it says Super GHK Copper Cream has strength 5.2 and CP Ultimate Eye Cream has strenght 2. Doesn't this mean GHK Copper Cream is stronger? Or are you using a different scale for eye products?

Thanks in advance!
Kriss

Understanding the "Relative" Strength Scale

This has been a frequently asked question. Perhaps Dr. Pickart will expound on this also.

If you notice, the color for the strength scale for GHK only products (Super GHK Copper Serum, Super GHK Copper Cream, 3% GHK VIP Luxury Serum and 3% GHK VIP Luxury Serum) are a different color (a brilliant blue) and the balance of our other products (2nd Generation) have a scale bar that is a darker green/teal color.

The "relative" strength scale is calculated by comparing the concentration of copper in various products. Each number in the scale goes up exponentially.

Deciding on an appropriate number for the new GHK VIP Luxury products took awhile because this product is based on a high level of 1st generation copper peptides (GHK-Cu) and we wanted to be as accurate as possible. Dr. Pickart has given it a strength level of 15.6.

However, while figuring out the precise strength for this new product, he realized that the same formula of calculation used for his second generation products did not fit as accurately as we had once thought. So we had to figure out a better scale for the other GHK based products (Super GHK Copper Cream/Serum) as well.

Trying our best to avoid confusion, but at the same time respecting that the two generations are different, 3% GHK VIP Luxury products are at a 15.6, and the Super GHK products (with 1% GHK) were adjusted to 5.2.

We would still like to stress that Super GHK (with 1%) works very well for sensitive skin or for those just starting out with copper peptides.

Which “Generation” is Stronger/Better? "Stronger" might not be the best description - "Better suited for certain skin rejuvenation tasks" might be a more appropriate phrase. Although GHK has a number of properties that it seems science is continuing to appreciate, GHK is very fragile. Second Generation Copper-Peptides are breakdown resistant and adhere very well to the skin. So the type of rejuvenation needed and the client's skin type and goals will dictate which is better for that particular individual.

Keep in mind though that at 3% concentration the GHK VIP Luxury Products are quite potent! Some clients have worked them into their regimen (even at a modest 3-4 times a week) and are seeing amazing results.

We can assist you in discovering the perfect level of copper peptide topical for your individual skin type and goals - Contact us for your FREE Personalized Skincare Consultation or call 1-800-405-1912.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thanks, it was clarifying, although I think it is hard to know whether to choose first or second products, which are best. But I guess one just have to test and see what works best.

I will use the skincare consultation!

Thanks alot!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear kristos282:

Yes. Thanks for patiently allowing us to explain as best as we can... But as you mentioned, we've learned along the way that much just depends on how the individual responds.

Even certain areas (i.e. body skin vs. facial skin) may respond better to one generation over another.

Some of the absolute most successful products employ a combination of the two (i.e. Skin Signals Solution / Skin Signals Cream).

But always ease into things around the eye area and you'll see great progress!

Give us a call, send an email, or feel free to post here if you need anything further.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology