Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Exfol Cream melted Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Not sure why, perhaps, because I keep it on the shelves in my room over the winter when I had to use the heater, but it's become quite liquidy now, is it still safe to use?

I stopped using it for a few months, bought it 6 months ago.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear miatoromatic:

Exfol Cream should be fine.

Hydroxy acids kept at room temp or cooler should last up to 2 years. 

We formulate the creams so that they are at a close point of break down. So with the passage of time the product may become a little bit loose.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
It is still safe but last longer if kept cooler.

We don't use traditional detergents or quasi-detergents (synthetic chemicals with detergent effects but are not called detergents) and our creams are rather weakly held together. But avoiding detergents is better for the skin.
The manufacturing date of my exfol cream is 2/13 and I keep it in the refridgerator. I gather it should be ok but wanted to know if it is ok to apply it over jojoba oil? I use the exfol at night and my shins are flaky in the am after morning shower so I use a bit of jojoba oil to conceal the flakes as I continue to exfoliate at night. I would use the exfol during the daytime but I do not use sunscreen and am worried about the retinol and safflower oil interactions with sunlight. I don't want to shower twice a day so after am shower, i apply a bit of jojoba or squalene and then at night I wanted to just apply the exfol cream. Thoughts?
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Annie:

That's perfect - Your Exfol Cream especially kept in the refrigerator will be just fine.

For optimal efficacy (and so as to not disturb the pH) we might recommend to try applying Exfol Cream as the first thing on freshly cleansed skin. Then wait perhaps 20mins or so and apply your jojoba oil on top of it.

That way you can effectively seal in moisture while still exfoliating properly (Exfol Cream is quite gentle).

It probably is best to exfoliate in the evening.

P.S. If you are looking for a wonderful biological moisturizer you may want to try our CELES Therapeutic Oil. This oil combines well with all of our other products and offers a unique moisturization option for body skin. A couple drops soothe and moisturize ALL day.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology