Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Salicylic acid in Lactic 10? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Dear SkinBiology and Dr. Pickart,

I'm hoping you can help solve my dilemma.

My skin has been slightly itchy after applying Lactic 10 in the mornings. I usually apply LacSal cream in the morning during the summer, but it does not provide as much moisture in the winter. LacSal cream seems to almost dry my skin out in winter, so I purchased Lactic 10 cream thinking it was a better choice.

My question is, what is the percentage of salicylic acid in the Lactic 10 cream?

The ingredient listing on the SkinBiology website shows salicylic acid as the ninth ingredient, and is listed as the tenth for LacSal cream.

Any additional information regarding LacSal cream and Lactic 10 would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pinkdervish,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Lactic 10 is 10% lactic acid
LacSal is 8.5% lactic acid and 1.5% salicylic acid.

Both creams are at pH=3.6.

You could just try using much less product. Often a very light covering of a cream works best.
I appreciate your reply, Dr. Pickart.

I’m still confused, though. Sodium Salicylate (salicylic acid) is listed as the eighth ingredient for Lactic Power 10 cream (see copied and pasted ingredients from Skin Biology website below).

Purified water, lactic acid, ethylhexyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, squalane, glycerol stearate, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid, sodium salicylate, carthamus tinctorius seed (safflower) oil, polysorbate 80, PPG 2 myristyl ether propionate, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, phenoxyethanol, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera) gel, retinyl palmitate, tocophersolan (vitamin E), mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, and mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, ubiquinone (coenzyme Q-10), and xanthophyll (lutein).

Would you please let me know if this is a misprint on the website? Thanks!
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Dear Pinkdervish,

I can see why you might be confused. In the LacTic Power 10 there is more of the lactic acid. That may be what you are feeling with this product when you use it.

The order of ingredients is not always what makes the strength of the product. Please use whatever works best for your skin. Remember that you can always add a drop or 2 of a biological oil to the areas of your skin that feel dry after 20 - 30 minutes.

Keep Smiling,
~The SkinBioTeam

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The ingredients are listing in descending percentages.

Ethylhexyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, squalane, glycerol stearate, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid are used to make the cream.