Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Accelerant Login/Join

Picture of Kathryn06
posted   Report This Post  
I love love the idea of a GHK accelerant to add to other products. Do you have a rule of thumb about what products beyond Skin Biology are optimally compatible with the accelerant? I'm pretty much a Skin Biology purist, but I do use a very few other things that I just can't give up. I'm particularly interested in its use with make-up but also in general.

Happy New Year, Skin Biology, long time no post, but I'm always consulting your web site. xoxoxoxox
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
We are working on better instructions about using the accelerant. These leads to combinations we never though about before such as GHK-copper in Emu Oil, which seems to work well.
Picture of Kathryn06
Interesting, looking forward to hearing more. In addition to Skin Biology products, I'm interested in the accelerants possibilities with the vitamin-enriched masques I occasionally indulge in (Skin Biology, formulate masques in the future!!!!). And even though I don't need as much makeup as I used to, I still use it from time to time (as optimally formulated as I can get), so I'm interested to know if the accelerant may be compatible with such. Thanks!
Can the GHK accelerant be put into Rogaine 5%?
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear slight:

We recommend using copper peptides and Rogaine (Minoxidil) separately. Most clients have been using a layering method (applying one first...then the other).

But if you would like to try adding a bit of GHK into your product, Dr. Pickart says you could but be sure to "test on a small area first".

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Kathryn06
What about the accelerant in the Two-Timing Tightener? What about in facial sunscreen (non Skin Biology brand)? And I have to admit that the calculator you've introduced for mixing in the accelerant kind of eludes me. Skin may be radiant after 13 years of being with Skin Biology almost exclusively, but math skills have not improved with age. Smiler I just go with 3 drops in every 15 ml and be done with it. Also, should accelerant be stored in fridge?
Picture of Skin Biology
Wonderful questions Kathryn06!

Yes, the calculator on the 7% GHK DIY page can be a bit tricky --- If you'd prefer that we personalize a calculation for you, based on your current skin condition, goals, and ingredients that you're desiring to mix the 7% GHK into, we'd be more than happy to do that! Just drop us an email or call 1-800-405-1912.

But basically the 3 drops added to a 15ml can do wonders for the skin! (your skin is a testament to that fact)

1. Dr. Pickart says you can mix a bit of the 7% GHK into Two Timing Tightener - But we don't have much feedback on how GHK combined with DMAE would work; if you try this we would really love to hear back from you with your experiences!

2. Another note on the calculator on the 7% Accelerant page - Keep in mind that the skin around the eyes is much thinner than the skin on the general facial area. So it is always a good idea to start at a lower level of GHK and gradually work up (if needed). The beauty of this new accelerant is that you can moderate the strength and add a few more drops to "accelerate" your progress, if you feel the need to do so.

3. Should the Accelerant be Refrigerated? No. The product keeps well at standard room temperature, although you can refrigerate it if you want to, but it is not necessary.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Kathryn06
Thanks so much for the good info, especially the offer to calculate for me. I will totally be a guinea pig for the Two-Timing Tightener! oxox
Picture of Skin Biology
Thanks for your great questions!

The 7% GHK Accelerant has been our MOST INTERESTING product to date!

The possibilities are nearly limitless....

Please keep in touch,
-Skin Biology