Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dr. Pickart... 3 Months, No Results Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello, I am a thirty something male. I am in television, and have been using the copper peptides for general skin rejuvenation. At the three month mark I am frustrated to report little to no improvement in my skin.

I started with Folligen for Blondes for both scalp and face, and Skin Signals for scalp and face. I used Emu Oil for the first month but discontinued since the Folligen was sufficiently moisturizing. About 6-8 weeks ago, I increased to Super Cop 2 for the face and forehead. The only side effect was minor itching for the first few days.

Yet I see no rejuvenation. Folks continue to guess that I am my actual age. I have heard that excessive Super Cop use can cause temporary worsening. And that skin rejuvenation can take time. I have also heard that hydroxy acids can be helpful.

However, at three months, I would expect any "ugly phase" to have passed. And that a gent in his early thirties would show some benefit with copper peptides, even minus the hydroxy acids.

Dr. Pickart, am I just one of those unlucky non-responders?

And I am curious, what percent of customers are non-responders? Even after 3 or more months use?

There is obviously solid science between these chemicals. So what's going wrong?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Cole,

Are you using any type of exfoliation product, ie LacSal, exfol cream, etc?

I experienced something similar to you, in the past, I saw some changes but not what I was expecting. Then it dawned on me, I had to also exfoliate every day to remove the old skin cells, which then allows the CP products to work better.

I have been using LacSal cream since the first of December, I just purchased my 2nd bottle. I am amazed at the changes in my skin. Lines, discoloration due to sun damage, appear to have diminished significantly. Loose skin looks much tighter.

Make sure you exfoliate every day, and I would imagine you'll see the changes you're looking for.

Linda

Thanks for the advice Linda. I will give the hydroxy acids a whirl.

However I must say that I am very disheartened. I have spent so much time online looking for natural solutions to my various health challenges. There are so many companies and individuals and scientific studies claiming dramatic results for nutritional supplements. Yet I consistently find that I personally experience very modest benefits.
Picture of stoney
Cole, What exactly are your skin issues? Scars, discoloration, fine lines, sagging or just general maintenance? If only moderate damage, 6 – 9 months is a better barometer for progress. Am I to understand that you are using FFB on your face as well as your scalp?... Confused?... What exactly is your routine?

As Linda suggested, hydroxys are the 2nd part of the equation in rejuvenating skin. If just trying to tone things up & don't have much accumulated damage, then Skin Signals Cream would be the way to go, possibly alternating in Tri-Reduction Cream a couple of times per week with one of the mild leave-on hydroxys at the opposite end of the day.

Super COP 2X is more for lessening the appearance of deep blemishes, smoothing the look of deep wrinkles, fading the appearance of deep stretch marks, etc. – more severe type damage. It will not get you there any faster with rejuvenating skin. Hydroxys are necessary to melt away the old cells along with physical abrasion. It is a process...

That is funny you say that about the supplements. My husband just turned 59 - we have been married for 29 yrs. I have basically babied him over the years with a healthy whole foods, home grown diet & supplementation. He asked me today when I was giving him his "Cinnamon & Turmeric".. How do I know any of this works? We take a fair amount of supplements each day & have for many years...

I just laughed & asked, well how do you feel? Does you arm hurt, how about you back or leg? Are you tired or feel lethargic? Do you take any Rx's?...He knew exactly where I was going & answered NO to all of the above.

I said, okay, so do you want to start feeling like crap in order to see if your supplements are working? Again he said NO – end of conversation. Then asked "What's for dinner?"... Smiler

Picture of SkinBioTeam
quote:
However I must say that I am very disheartened. I have spent so much time online looking for natural solutions to my various health challenges. There are so many companies and individuals and scientific studies claiming dramatic results for nutritional supplements. Yet I consistently find that I personally experience very modest benefits.

Hello Cole and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are a bit frustrated with your results at the 3 month mark. For information on what to expect when using copper-peptides for skin rejuvenation.

quote:
I started with Folligen for Blondes for both scalp and face, and Skin Signals for scalp and face. I used Emu Oil for the first month but discontinued since the Folligen was sufficiently moisturizing. About 6-8 weeks ago, I increased to Super Cop 2 for the face and forehead. The only side effect was minor itching for the first few days.

As Stoney mentioned when starting out on SRCPs (Skin Rejuvenating Copper Peptides) it is important to identify what your objective is. If you don't have any real skin issues to deal with like scars, discoloration, etc, then you just need a program that will bring back some of the glow and vitality that we lose as we age.

The Folligen for Blondes is not one of the things that we recommend for the face. It is really a scalp treatment that contains tin peptides rather then copper peptides.

When starting out with copper peptides we recommend several things. It is very important to understand the process. The key to youthful, blemish-free skin is the use of a good method of exfoliation (with hydroxy acid and/or manual abrasion) + SRCPs to help initiate strong skin rejuvenation. Keep in mind that consistency and patience are vital. Please remember that the products are very powerful and you need to start slowly. You will be amazed at how they actually work when used correctly. To lessen the appearance of scars, wrinkles, discoloration, or just get the "glow" back, it is really a 2 step process . The 1st is to nourish the skin from the dermal layer so that new fresh skin is able to replace the older scarred skin. The 2nd step is to use a good method of exfoliation to remove the old skin cells as well.

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of CP Serum (which contains a strong concentration of SRCPs that can be used very lightly once a day), or Skin Signals Cream This should just barely cover the area without leaving the skin excessively wet or damp. Be careful with using around the eye area, or if you have sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin: Take 1-2 drops in the palm of your hand, add 2-3 drops water and then apply to the area. If you need moisture, you can apply Emu Oil S for Skin very lightly after this, or just chose the Skin Signals Cream instead of the CP Serum.

On top, use a light amount Two-Timing Tightener (DMAE Tightening Serum). This product is a superficial stabilizer and helps give a lift to sagging around the eye area.

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, lightly apply [URL=Lactic Power 10]Lactic Power 10[/URL] (a 10% hydroxy acid product that helps exfoliate dead skin cells) or LacSal Cream/Serum (a 10% hydroxy acid product that helps exfoliate dead skin cells). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

Around the eyes: Use CP Night Eyes or Skin Signals Cream lightly by applying a thin layer underneath the eyes and on the outside areas of the eye. Use under the brow bone to help give the appearance of lift the upper lid area.

For spot treating scars, blemishes, expression lines, deep wrinkles and sun damage: Use Super Cop 2X- Extra Strength as a spot treatment once or twice a day. Use very lightly . Not for use around the eye area. You can add a sample of this product free with any purchase over $50 - Click here for more information.

Investing in a microdermabrasion cloth or skin scrub to effectively increase the skin cell turnover rate has helped many of our clients to see even better results from the SRCPs work on the skin. Remember to use all methods of exfoliation in a gentle way so as not to cause excessive irritation.

We have several trial kits that may help you decide when you are ordering. You can find them at this link: Trial Kits..

Please feel free to contact us directly at 800-405-1912 or email us at customerservice@skinbiology.com if you have any further questions - we would be more than happy to help!

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

Thank you to all the people who have responded!

As a man in his early thirties, my main skin issues are fine lines around the eyes, slight roughness to my facial skin, hairline recession, and noticeable nasolabial folds.

I don't have blemish-prone or scarring, and my chin and neck remain fairly firm.

The consistent feedback I seem to be getting here is the need for an exfoliator. I would have thought that at my young age, copper peptides alone would be enough to get me back to a youthful state. However, perhaps hydroxy acids are also necessary.

Coincidentally, I just received my first supply of LacSal cream yesterday. There were no side effects or redness overnight. I will certainly update you folks on how the LacSal ends up working.

Picture of SkinBioTeam
Thank you for your feedback. Let us know how you like the LacSal Cream after you've used it for a while. It's very commendable that you are taking care of your skin now while it is so young.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team