Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
strength of skin signals serum Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
According to your product guide, Skin Signals serum is stronger than super cp serum. So that means SS contains a higher concentration of copper peptides, right?

http://reverseskinaging.com/productguide.html
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Kitty,

Skin Signals Sol & Super CP Serum have about the same amount of CPs, but Super CP has SA in it for penetration making it a stronger product.

I think I would reverse the 2 on the chart from a strength standpoint.

SSS has the added elatins & collagen fragments for tightening, so maybe that makes it stronger in that sense. But from a rejuvenation perspective, Super CP Serum is stronger because of the SA....about equal in strength to Tri-Red Cream.

SSS is strong enough to rejuvenate the skin, but only if you use it in an alternating fashion with stronger CPs & hydroxys, of course.

My favorite CP - that is if my week long break from 2nd gen CPs resets the start button?... Confused?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Thanks Stoney.

I hope Dr Pickart or SB will respond and explain why the SS is shown as a stronger product than super cp serum.

I bought a bottle of SS serum yesterday from ebay and it is too late to cancel the order. I want to start transitioning to my summer routine in a few weeks and I was planning to mix SS serum with either super cp serum or regular cp serum 50/50, because I thought it was a strong product.

If I mix SS serum (since it is weak) with some super cop 2x do you think the 2x will make the elastin fragments less effective?

I guess what I want is a strong cp and elastin/collagen in one product so that I can get both rejuvenating and tightening benefits.

quote:
I guess what I want is a strong cp and elastin/collagen in one product so that I can get both rejuvenating and tightening benefits.

Kitty that sound exactly like SS Serum.

I'm hoping Dr. Pickart will clarify as well.

Dr. Pickert has stated the amount of Copper in a product is only one factor. The way they are formulated is also very important.

My guess is although the amount of Copper in both SS Serum and Super Cop is similar. They are formulated different. The SS rejuvenating, firming and tightening look and the Super CP for rejuvenation and diminishing the appearance of damage.

I used the SS Serum last Summer and I thought being strong, it might pull up damage. Which was something I did not want, with no strong acids on the table. It did not pull up any damage. The skin just appeared thicker tighter and firmer.

I did not dilute the SS serum. Alternated GHK in AM and SS in PM. The 2:1 SS Serum/GHK Serum mix is working out very well for the Mrs. Skin looks firmer then it was on the regular CP serum.

quote:
I used the SS Serum last Summer and I thought being strong, it might pull up damage. Which was something I did not want, with no strong acids on the table. It did not pull up any damage. The skin just appeared thicker tighter and firmer.

I am not at the maintenance stage yet, so I still need something that will rejuvenate, not just firm the look of the skin. TriReduction is not good for summer use because my skin gets very oily in the summer.

Originally, I was going to use super cp serum along with lower strength acid peels and shorter rollers in the summer to keep making slow but definite progress with diminishing the appearance of scars. Then I got the idea of mixing super cp serum with SS serum because I thought SS was stronger than super cp. But I don't know now. Maybe I'll just stick with my original plan.

Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:
Thanks Stoney.

I hope Dr Pickart or SB will respond and explain why the SS is shown as a stronger product than super cp serum.

Dear nicekitty123:

The Product Guide Page is not perfect and is limited in how we can visually present the relative strengths of the products.

The main reason why it appears to show Skin Signals Solution as stronger than Super CP Serum is a layout issue. There is just not enough room to show them on the same spectrum of strength. We might change this to "stack" the two products, but then we run into issues with comparisons.

Here's what Dr. Pickart has posted on the subject:

"Skin Signals is about as strong as Super CP serum. But it may work better on improving tone." - https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=287102054#287102054

"CP Serum is weaker but Super CP and Skin Signals are about equal." - https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...=191100945#191100945

"[Skin Signals] is about as strong as Super CP serum. It has our normal peptides plus peptides obtained by enzymatic hydrolysis of elastin and collagen. The skin uptake system is improved. There is no thickener in the water-based system. So it is thinner but more stable... Skin Signals is designed to have more penetration into the skin. But it will take time to see how it works on many clients." - https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...27104921?r=504101041

We can report that some clients who have used Super CP Serum for many years have reported more of a "tingling sensation" and improved results when using Skin Signals Solution.

But to be fair, an exact comparison may not be possible.

So please at least try the two (for an extended period of time) and see which product will work best for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

quote:
Both will help initiate strong skin rejuvenation since they both have a high level of copper-peptide.

Thanks for replying.

Maxx said that when he used SS serum,it did not bring up any damage.

When I used super cp serum, I thought it was strong and appeared to bring up damage and lessened the appearance of dark spots, although not as much as super cop or supercop 2x. I am having difficulty understanding how 2 products can contain the same amount of cp but not work equally well for rejuvenation. I don't want to waste weeks trying to see if skin signals is as good as super cp serum, so I will just forget about the SS serum. If all it delivers is the look of skin tightening (according to Maxx's experience), then I don't really need it.

Picture of stoney
Kitty,

Don't dismiss it yet. SSSol is amazing for the look of firming & perfect for Summer. It is strong enough to rejuvenate skin, but if you are after seriously diminishing the appearance of damage then alternate it with Super CP Serum.

The SA in Super CP Serum is what 'packs it a punch'. Smiler

You can also try putting LacSal Serum or Cream OVER SSOL for an enhanced effect. That will definitely 'pack the punch' & firm at the same time...

quote:
You can also try putting LacSal Serum or Cream OVER SSOL for an enhanced effect. That will definitely 'pack the punch' & firm at the same time...

Thanks Stoney.
That had not occurred to me. Since I have been using trireduction and supercop 2x so long, I have gotten used to using the hydroxy before the cp.

I am also considering getting the red light device that you have. If I use the SS serum with the red light on my scarred areas, would that intensify its effects, making it more like super cp serum?

I want to be less aggressive in the summer but I definitely want to keep the rejuvenation going so the blemish marks won't have time to regroup.

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear nicekitty123:

Yes. How one product works for one particular person may not be the best system of rating its efficacy for your skin.

And actually Skin Signals Solution does have salicylic acid added to it.

But again, pulling from our feedback from numerous clients both work well for skin rejuvenation, it's just that Skin Signals may be better suited for rejuvenating and firming / and Super CP Serum better suited for rejuvenation and lessening the appearance of scars.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Biology:

And actually Skin Signals Solution does have salicylic acid added to it.

Well there she be...SkinSignals Sol does have SA in it, so does SSCream for that matter. So I wonder what makes Super CP Serum a stronger rejuvenation agent?... Confused?...because it is.

I assumed that SA wasn't included in SSSol because as Maxx also reports, it does NOT appear to drive damage up like Super CP Serum.

So now, I am wondering why SSSol wouldn't be the IDEAL skin rejuvenator because those who are after 'strong rejuvenation' also want & need to firm up the look of their skin.

I find its effects are NOT as aggressive as Super CP Serum which is a good thing since damage can become OVERWHELMING at times... Embarrased

Maybe the concentration of CP in SSSol gets diluted a bit from the added elastins etc. & that is why it is not as strong as Super CP Serum.

Having said that, that only ones who would notice this are those with scars who are 'actively rejuvenating' their skin (meaning also using strong hydroxys & rolling/needling). Someone with NO buried damage would not notice the difference other than the additional tightening from Skin Signals.

Kitty, Yes LED after any Serum will amplify its effect. The stronger the CP the stronger the effect. SkinSignalsSol is a very good option for Summer along with LED. I just happen to be in love with its tightening ability.

Beware of down-regulation though when consistently using strong CPs...I'm sure everyone's level will vary. For me, a normal dose of novacaine at the dentist has little to no effect on me, so I NEED to go double dose for it to kick in...learned that the hard way years ago...OUCH!... Eeker... and as SB states, everyones threshold will vary a little.

As Maxx likes to say...Learn it, Live it, Love it!... Smiler

quote:
As Maxx likes to say...Learn it, Live it, Love it!.

Wow, thats profound and certainly dosen't sound like me. Maybe I posted that after taking an Ambien. I usually do my best work after a couple of shots of Wild Turkey and an Ambien.

I looked at the products a few months back since Dr. Pickart is always tinkering and I noticed there are quite a few products with Salicylic.

One that struck me was the Super GHK Cream, which contains Salicylic Acid but the Serum does not.

I don't think we'll really understand why certain products work a certain way. Like making a cake. Flour, Eggs and Milk but a few tweaks here and there a totally different outcome.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
There is very little salicylate in there. And virtually no salicylic acid. The salicylate seems to help with CP uptake into the skin but it is not an exfoliator at these levels and pH.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by nicekitty123:
quote:
Both will help initiate strong skin rejuvenation since they both have a high level of copper-peptide.

Thanks for replying.

Maxx said that when he used SS serum,it did not appear to bring up any damage.

When I used super cp serum, I thought it was strong and appeared to bring up damage and lessened the appearance of dark spots, although not as much as super cop or supercop 2x. I am having difficulty understanding how 2 products can contain the same amount of cp but not work equally well for rejuvenation. I don't want to waste weeks trying to see if skin signals is as good as super cp serum, so I will just forget about the SS serum. If all it delivers is skin tightening (according to Maxx's experience), then I don't really need it.

The early CP products were developed more for diminishing the appearance of blemishes.

The Skin Signals was developed more for improving the look of firmness and elasticity. The SS products appear to be working well, but we will keep trying to improve them.

To skin biology:

I have received my skin signals serum from ebay and I don't quite know what to do with. I want to continue rejuvenating my skin and working on lessening the appearance of my scars for the summer but I think the SS may not do that well. If I mix the SS serum with a small amount of super cop 2x to make it stronger (like 1/4 supercop 2x and 3/4 SS serum) would the super cop 2x dilute the elastin and collagen fragments too much for them to make a difference?

I can't return the SS so I may as well use it. Since the primary benefit of SS serum is tightening, then I would want to get those benefits from using it, although I have no visible loose skin right now. I have a bottle of super cp serum which I know that I like, is strong, and would work well for the summer, but I don't want to open it because I already have opened bottles of cp serum, trireduction and supercop 2x.

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear nicekitty123:

Very good question - Dr. Pickart may post back with his thoughts and further comments.

But again, Skin Signals Solution is actually pretty strong. It is a strong copper-peptide serum and so will still be quite effective for skin rejuvenation.

To get a little more out of it, you can apply a penetrating agent (such as Emu Oil-S on top) or a mild hydroxy acid cream (LacSal Cream) to make it much stronger.

But whether or not mixing in a little bit of Super Cop right before application would bother the elastin/collagen peptides, we are not sure. Our first thought is no, since Skin Signals is just that: a strong copper-peptide with elastin/collagen peptides mixed in.

Dr. Pickart will probably post his thoughts later.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Picture of Dr. Pickart
Both of the products will do some of the same things.

But the collagen/elastin peptides seem to work better on tightening and the soy peptides for lessening the appearance of scars.

But they are not totally different.

quote:
Maxx said that when he used SS serum,it did not bring up any damage.

Kitty I only applied enough SS to barely cover the face and not a spec more. That could have been one of the reasons it appeared no damage was brought up.

It was my intent to not enhance the appearance of any damage during the warm months therefore the very light applications of SS and GHK. Sometimes I would skip a few days or just do one app per day.

With all the rejuvenating and acids over the cold months it was refreshing to just recharge for a few months and watch the skin appears to thicken, tighten and look good day after day.

You could always go with the SS and spot with the SC2X.

I've been under the impression that LacSal Cream or Serum should not be used (or any other AHA or BHA) on top of or underneath SS Solution or Cream, because the GHK in SS products cancels out the salicylic and lactic acids in LacSal products.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd hate to use LacSal on top or under my SS Solution or Cream, if the process is defeating the purpose of using one or the other.

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
Both of the products will do some of the same things.

But the collagen/elastin peptides seem to work better on tightening and the soy peptides for lessening the appearance of scars.

But they are not totally different.

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear pinkdervish:

Dr. Pickart will probably post back his comments.

But just to let you know Skin Signals Solution does not have GHK-Copper / Skin Signals Cream does contain it though.

Our main recommendation is to use hydroxy acids at one end of the day and your favorite copper-peptide product at the other end.

On top, most clients will use biological oils such as Emu Oil-S or CELES Therapeutic Oil as penetrating agents.

We may give certain other recommendations for certain clients to try based on what they have been doing (or clients may experiment around and try different things) - But if you use hydroxy acid at one end of the day and copper at the other, you really can't go wrong.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology