Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Manually mixing LacSal or Power10 with other acids? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
I was considering whether it can be a good idea to add a few drops of glycolic acid (for instance 50%, ph 2.1) to LacSal cream or Power10, to increase their exfoliating action.
The glycolic acid is normally not intended to be left on the skin for long but I suppose that if you only use a tiny bit, mixed with the cream, it might not be a problem (?)

Has anyone ever tried doing a similar mix?

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
That should work. It will make the LacSal stronger.
Picture of Rossana
Thank you Dr. Pickart.
I will try with one drop of glycolic for the first application and will post updates.

Rossana your a monster, these crazy experiments of yours have to stop LOL

Actually I've got a 10% Glymed Glycolic that is designed as a leave on. I've don't usually use milder acids but on occasion I have used it individually and as a leave layered with 2% Sal. No issues.

BW Maxx
Picture of Rossana
LOLLL Big Grin
Well i figured i would just try with one drop, which should not significantly change the pH and the strength.
I havent tried yet though.
I dont have a particular reason for doing that other than for experiment sake lol... so i am not sure i should even do it Big Grin

On the moles I used 70% glycolic with no problems but on the entire face i am still using a diluted 50% (14 drops glycolic and 8 drops water). So I figured I could try a way to maintain the acids mild but leave it on...

Ok I trust you. Just promise you won't blow up Torrey Pines. The South Course is my fav California Layout. Well, unless I'm having one of those rare days where I'm hitting it sideways. Those Canyons, Ravines, or what every you call them just eat golf balls Smiler

I'm the same way. I don't think I could ever be on a "routine". I love to do things just to see what will happen.

BW Maxx
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
Just promise you won't blow up Torrey Pines

I cannot promise this!!
My microwave experiments are waaaaaay more dangerous than my acids experiments.. lol! Big Grin
I seriously risk to have my italian citizenship revoked for dishonoring the country cooking tradition with my microwave disasters Razzer

quote:
I seriously risk to have my italian citizenship revoked for dishonoring the country cooking tradition with my microwave disasters

So I take it unlike Ms. Stoney you don't grow your own vegetables? Blowing things up, cooking in Microwaves. A true role model Wink
Picture of Rossana
quote:
you don't grow your own vegetables? Blowing things up, cooking in Microwaves. A true role mode

No i dont... this area is so expensive that you can only dream about having a backyard, and one big enough to grow plants Frowner

Microwave is only for fun. However i like microwaving fresh carrots and squash. Those turn out to be good. Microwave cooking is also not unhealthy. I read that from various nutritionist and doctors. Its dry cooking so there is actually less leak of nutrients than for instance boiling

Picture of Dr. Pickart
La Jolla is one of the most pleasant places on Earth. Of course, money also helps in that neighborhood.
Picture of Rossana
Oh yeah it is way overpriced around here. But I have been living for over two years in a 1 bedroom that is fairly reasonable.

BTW I tried the mixing experiment and it turned out to be just fine, no problems leaving it on the skin. I only added few drops so it does not sting much more than lacsal alone Smiler

quote:
Oh yeah it is way overpriced around here

No question. Before the prime loan bust they were giving stats on how overpriced various markets. San Diego specifically, was one of the worst if not the worst, being priced at 70% over actual value.
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:

So I take it unlike Ms. Stoney you don't grow your own vegetables? Blowing things up, cooking in Microwaves. A true role model Wink

Yes Maxx, you got that right...not into microwave ovens at all.

My only experience with a microwave was when I was a waitress in college & used to heat the Apple Pie before serving with Vanilla Ice Cream... Smiler

However, years ago in Hawaii when they were harvesting the Pineapple fields, the fruit flies were "beyond the beyond" everyway. So my husband (the bomber - like you Rosanna) had me put some fresh fruit in the microwave to lure in the flies...slowly shut the door...then BAM!

My microwave cooking ended there along with the nuked fruit flies!
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Originally posted by stoney:
my husband (the bomber - like you Rosanna)

LOLLLLLLL bomber hahahaha too funny Laughing

My fav youtube channel is: "Is it a good idea to microwave this?" Three guys in MA microwave everything literally. They did an episode some months ago "Is it a good idea to microwave an airbag" that turned out to be a real explosion.. sooo crazy!! Big Grin

quote:
that turned out to be a real explosion.. sooo crazy!!

LOL. Too funny. What you wrote is funny but you enthusiasm over the explosion is even funnier.

If I every hear about an explosion and one of those Fault Lines breaking. I'm going to be looking on the news to see if I can find your picture in hand cuffs. At least your skin will look good if they do a close up.

BW MaxxC

P.S. You don't have access to Uranium or Plutonium right?
Picture of Rossana
LOL I saved that youtube vid and I have watched it so many times and laughed so much hahaha
The amazing thing was that the explosion made the microwave completely blow and move from the table. So when the 3 guys opened the door of their "lab" they said "where did it go?? where is the microwave??? [..] Oh, we could have just died!!"

haha yeah i prepare my skin for the close up pics after my arrest for microwave terrorism Laughing

I think some time soon Italian authorities will revoke my italian citizenship because I dishonored the country with my cooking Embarrased

I have renamed my kitchen, it is now called "FDC" (Food Devastation Camp).
There is a fault few miles from my apt (Rose Canyon Fault). I have never thought about this but indeed maybe a proper explosion could take advantage of the fault to propagate much further... hmm nice stuff!! Big Grin

Wait, wait got to tell this story. San Diego related.

When I was 14 we went on Vacation to California and walked across the bridge to visit Tijuana. I found a Fireworks store and bought 6 stick of Dynamite. Seriously 8" sticks of Dynamite.

We were walking back across the border where they check people. They hardly stopped anyone, except me and some lady that two guards literally grabbed and pulled out of line.

Guard asks me point blank if I have any Fireworks. Totally freaked me out. I pulled the 6 stick's of dynamite which I had hid under my belt and turned them over.

The funny part is, we get across the border and my dad who is always totally laid back, turns to me and say's: "Son you should have given those to your mom, they never would have searched her".
Picture of Rossana
HAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA that is too funny!!!! Laughing

OMG it blew up in like 14 seconds too funny.