Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Which Exfoliator? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi Everyone,

I´m new to the forum but I´ve been using SkinBio products for some time now.
I want to order some new products soon but I just can´t decide.
I´ve had good results with LacSal serum and I was surprised at how well my skin tolerates it!
Now I´d like to start tackling my stretchmarks and blemish problem. (The stretchmarks are everywhere btw)
I´m not sure which exfoliator is actually stronger? LacSal or Exfol Serum/cream?
And which product should I use in combination? I tried the Exfol+TriRed combo years ago but it didn´t seem to do much at the time.
But there´s alot more and stronger products available now than 10 or more years ago.
So perhaps there a more effective combo I could try. - Any thoughts or tips on this?

thanks, vg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi there,

I'm certain SkinBiology and/or Dr. Pickart will reply to your post; however, in the meantime, I thought I would help you out a little while you wait... because I know what its like to wait for an answer here.

LacSal: mix of lactic and salicylic acid (8.5% lactic acid and 1.5% salicylic acid)

Exfol: 2% salicylic acid

Lactic Power 10: 10% lactic acid (for those sensitive to using salicylic acid)

Personally, I really LOVE LacSal cream (winter) and LacSal serum (summer) because I have blemishes, and the salicylic acid helps keep the breakouts at bay, and the lactic keeps the healthy skin looking radiant.

I just purchased Lactic 10 for the first time though, to use at night in-between days (especially in winter) when my skin may be a little drier. Sometimes, the salicylic acid stings when using a leave-on exfoliator such as LacSal or Exfol, so when I have break outs in winter, I cleanse with a mild cleanser that has 2% salicylic acid, and then apply a mild CP cream in-between usage of leave-on exfoliators.

Hope this helps!

Take care Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear VeggieJuice:

Welcome to the forum! Great to have you with us...

Pinkdervish's tips are also fantastic. Your best options for tackling areas of stretchmarks might be to use LacSal Cream and alternate with use of Lactic Power 10. Then for your copper-peptide product try using TriReduction Cream (or even our Body Lotion) but the trick this time would be to add some Super Cop 2X in with it to take things up a notch. See below...

Here's our suggestions for boosting your results this time around:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin*, apply a light amount Protect & Restore Body Lotion or TriReduction Cream. These are effective copper-peptide creams for the reducing the appearance of blemishes. TriReduction is stronger than our P&R Body Lotion, but the body lotion is available in a larger size which may be better suited for coverage of larger areas.

Additional Tip! - To increase potency, try adding a dollop of Super Cop 2X - Extra Strength to the Body Lotion or TriReduction Cream right before application. You can add a sample of Super Cop2X free with any purchase over $50 - Click here for more information.

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, lightly apply LacSal Cream OR Lactic Power 10 (both are 10% hydroxy acid products that help exfoliate dead skin cells). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

*Note while cleansing the skin: Investing in a microdermabrasion cloth or skin scrub to effectively increase the skin cell turnover rate has helped many of our clients to see even better results from the copper peptides' work on the skin. Remember to use all methods of exfoliation in a gentle way so as not to cause excessive irritation.

----------------------------------Keep in mind that with this regimen consistency and patience are vital.----------------------------------

Improve Your Use of Skin Biology Hydroxy Acid Exfoliators

The difference between LacSal Cream and Lactic Power 10 is that LacSal Cream contains the addition of salicylic acid. Both exfoliators are 10% leave-on hydroxy acids, which is considered mild.

Lactic acid is a safe, but very effective, alpha hydroxy acid that works to helps slough off dead skin cells for heightened skin cell turnover.

Why might the addition of salicylic acid be beneficial? Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid that absorbs at a deeper layer. So for damage that has been existant for a longer time on the skin, the best of both worlds would probably be to use an alpha AND beta hydroxy acid mix: LacSal.

Some clients switch off (sometimes using LacSal other times using Lactic Power 10) and that is also fine to do.

What is the difference between all of our exfoliators (at a glance)?

-Exfol Serum (2% beta hydroxy salicylic acid)
Best for combination-to-oily blemish-prone skin that is somewhat sensitive. Fact that it has pure salicylic acid makes it particularly effective for unclogging pores. pH around 3.6.

-Exfol Cream (2% beta hydroxy salicylic acid)
Best for normal-to-dry skin that is somewhat sensitive. Fact that it is a cream with additional antioxidants makes it particularly effective for aging skin. pH around 3.6.

-LacSal Serum (10% hydroxy mix: 1.5% saliyclic with 8.5% lactic acid)
Best for combination-to-oily blemish-prone skin. Fact that it contains the addition of salicylic acid makes it particularly beneficial for concerns that have been present for a longer time and for unclogging pores. pH around 3.6.

-LacSal Cream (10% hydroxy mix: 1.5% saliyclic with 8.5% lactic acid)
Best for normal-to-dry skin types. Fact that it contains the addition of salicylic acid makes it particularly beneficial for concerns that have been present for a longer time and general anti-aging. pH around 3.6.

-Lactic Power 10 (10% alpha hydroxy lactic acid)
Best for normal-to-dry skin types with more superficial damage. Fact that it contains only lactic acid, which is a very gentle acid, makes it particularly beneficial for those who prefer to use a salicylic-free product. Added antioxidants makes this beneficial for general anti-aging concerns. pH around 3.6.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Thanks so much guys!

Thats some very useful information I can work with now.
I guess I´ll stay with the LacSal as these stretchmarks are a bit older.
Mixing the stronger products with the body lotion sounds like a good idea actually. I normally use regulare body lotion and sometimes emu oil (especially during the winter months) so I may need to start slow and first get those areas of skin used to CPs and then `work my way up´.

thanks again Smiler
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear VeggieJuice:

You're very welcome - Please keep in touch and let us know how you do on your revised regimen.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology