Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
starting product questions Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Bonjour!!

Please, I have a few questions. Years ago I used the copper serum and would like to try something different now. I am 42 years old and my skin is in good condition (maybe a little dry though). I am caught between the Protect & Restore and the Skin Signals. I would like something for the nighttime (maybe with retinoids).

My questions are:

* If one uses a retinoid, is it necessary to use an exfoliant (like your LacSal, etc)??

* What exactly is the difference between your retinoid and the exfoliant??

* I noticed that some use (and you advise) the P&R with the retinoid during the day. I thought one had to use retinoids at night??

* Would it be possible to use the P&R and the LacSal exfoliant at the same time (in the evening)??

* I've tried products with Vit C and they did nothing for me, in fact I probably had a bad reaction (redness, etc). For 2 weeks I have been using a lotion with Q10 and I'm in love with it (I noticed a difference in the condition of my skin in just days, I was not expecting that) so I was thrilled to notice your P&R cream contains that ingredient. But what about collagens?? Does the P&R contain that or encourage one's skin to start producing it again??

* Which would be better to start, the P&R or the Skin Signals?? I would prefer not to have a case of 'the uglies' that I read about.

* I am considering ordering the P&R plus the LacSal cream and use one each night. Is that ok??

Thank you for your time and attention and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

kindest regards,
juliemarie
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear JMarie!

Bonjour! Enchanté de vous rencontrer!

Thank you for posting - I'd be happy to address your questions:

1. There is no need to use both retinoic acid products and our mild hydroxy acids products together. If a client chooses to, they can alternate use (i.e. one night retinoic acid and the other night a mild hydroxy such as Extol, LacSal, or Lactic Power 10).

2. Difference Between Retinoic Acid and Hydroxy Acid:
Skin Biology only carries hydroxy acid exfoliators. Retinoic acid (brand names: Retin-A / Tretinoin / etc) is a derivative of vitamin A and works differently than a hydroxy acid. Retinoic Acid is the acidic version of vitamin A or Retinol. It is a FDA-Approved cosmeceutical that has become widely used for skin rejuvenation.

Retinoic acid products are prescription only and are used only at night. They heighten skin cell turnover but can also sometimes have a drying effect on the skin. Since retinoic acid products should not be used with hydroxy acids, we recommend that clients simply substitute the use of any of our mild hydroxy acid exfoliators with their prescription retinoic acid product. There is no need to use retinoic acid and hydroxy acid at the same time.

Our leave-on hydroxy acids work to "exfoliate" (remove or slough off more dead skin cells than you would lose naturally) by dissolving the links between damaged skin proteins so that the next time you go to wash, you lose a greater amount of dead skin cells.

Hydroxy acids work extremely well with copper peptides. As the hydroxy acids break down the damage, copper peptides work as the "building factors" to rejuvenate healthier skin cells.

3. Protect & Restore Cream with High Retinol:
We do recommend to use this cream during the day, and hydroxy acid (or retinoid acid) at night. But the retinol in this cream is very different than retinoid acid (if you are interested, I can email you detailed information on this - CLICK HERE to have me send you an email explaining the difference between "Retinol" and "Retin-A / Retinoic Acid" they are frequently confused with each other. But they are not the same thing.

4. You could use P&R Cream and LacSal at night if you wish to do so. The LacSal (or substitute with your Retin-A) would be applied first... wait 20 mins if using LacSal... then apply a bit of P&R Cream on top, if you wish to use both at night. But again, since P&R High Retinol does not contain retinoic acid, you don't have to use it at night.

5. P&R Cream does not contain collagen. However, Skin Signals Cream does contain hydrolyzed peptides of collagen and elastin (in case you would like to try it as a FREE Sample). But all copper peptides help with improving skin firmness. For detailed information, please send me an email.

6. If you do not have sensitive skin, feel free to start with Skin Signals Solution (perhaps choose the liquid version so that you can easily dilute it down and moderate strength, gradually increasing to full-strength as needed). If you have a bit sensitive skin, or want to take things very, very slowly feel free to use Protect & Restore Cream first (pick up a sample of Skin Signals) and "stair step" your way up to the stronger product. The "transition period" (or over-doing it) with the products is actually quite rare. The vast majority of clients / new-users do not experience "the uglies" at all. But no worries, we will walk you through how to avoid overuse. See our page on Tips on How to Use Copper Peptides Properly at: www.reverseskinaging.com/tips.html

EASY-TO-USE REGIMEN FOR ADVANCED SKIN CARE
We would recommend carefully reviewing the following page on copper peptides:
Tighten, Balance, and Renew Your Skin - See: http://reverseskinaging.com/tighten.html
Younger Looking Skin - What Really Works? - See: http://reverseskinaging.com/wrinkles.html

Here is a suggestion on how you can start using the products:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin * , apply a light amount of Skin Signals Solution (an effective copper peptide formula combined with peptides from enzymatically hydrolyzed elastin and collagen). The application should be extremely light. Most clients apply approximately 4 spritzes (upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right). Use sparingly. Dilute by taking one spritz in the palm of your hand, add 2-3 drops water, then apply lightly to the face.

PM Use:
PM - Apply your retinoid acid product OR use a light amount of LacSal Cream (a 10% mild hydroxy acid leave-on exfoliator). Apply lightly and leave-on. Leave-on hydroxy acids work to slowly dissolve the links between damage skin cells and heighten skin cell turnover rate. Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

Around the Eye Area OR for General Facial Use: Use the NEW! GHK LUXE Eye Cream with Tri-Factor Complex lightly by applying a thin layer underneath the eyes and on the outside areas of the eye. This is the only product on the market with Dr. Pickart's exclusive mix of a high concentration of GHK-Cu (2%), client favorite: DMAE (a membrane stabilizer), and PephaTight all designed to quickly smooth and contour the area around your eyes. This product may say it's "specifically for the eye area" but it can also be tested for general facial use - We will send you a FREE sample of this product in with your first order with us! CLICK HERE to add to cart

*Investing in a Skin Biology Microdermabrasion Cloth can make all the difference in assuring that your copper peptide products penetrate effectively and continue to work actively on your skin. When used properly these cloths are essential tools to help fade stubborn blemishes, calm oily skin; or minimize wrinkles and fine lines, enlarged pores, age spots; or simply remove dead skin/and dirt more effectively. See: http://store.reverseskinaging....asion_Cloth_p/90.htm

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you so much for the details. I appreciate your guidance and your explanations. I'll be ready to place an order within the next couple weeks Smiler