Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Adding product to eyearea. Login/Join

Picture of Fjellebasse
posted   Report This Post  
How close in the eyearea may you add any product?

I'm wondering wether or not i'm adding too close to the eye...
Picture of celiavalerie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
There are products that are specifically for eye treatment (like CP Night Eyes) and even folligen is lash-usable for some. It seems different people react completely differently even as far as eye irritation goes.If you are already applying a CP to your eye-area and you are not experiencing any irritation, you're more than likely safe. I'm thankful I have very long, thick, dark eyelashes because even though I have no problem with ANY other CP I've used on my face (P&R's, CP serum, Super Cop, etc) I cannot tolerate even the lightest amount of folligen near my eyes. Thankfully, if you DO get a CP in your eye and it's causing you any annoyance, it's as simple as a thorough water rinse (the same as you would if say, you were . allergic to cats and had a red, itchy, allergic eye). I don't react badly to folligen ever but even with a tiny little eyeliner brush, nothing made it lash-friendly for me. But...water did :P You can always dilute a CP with water if you want to continue to try it on your eye area. Like I said, even Super Cop doesn't bother me there.
Picture of stoney
Fjellebasse, You do not have to go too close to get the benefits. Stick with the orbital bone. I never apply directly on my eyelid, but tap in the residual after application.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Fjellebasse:

If you want to see how most people actually apply it around the eyes, there's a video of a Basic Skin Care Regimen (at: http://reverseskinaging.com/facialcare.html) and you can physically see a good example of how to apply products around the eyes.

But our instructions for products such as CP Night Eyes is to "use fingertips to apply a thin layer underneath the eyes and on the outside areas of the eye."

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Hi Skinbiology,
I read somewhere in the forum that exfol cream can also be applied underneath the eyes, in the soft area (not only on the bone area). I find this cream very good and I using it instead of lacsal which apparently too strong for me.. Do you think it is ok to use it in this way?

Thanks!
Ale
Picture of Fjellebasse
Thank you.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear altomiro7127:

Because the skin around the eyes is so delicate and thin, many clients will want to exercise caution when using a hydroxy acid in this area.

But the 2% salicylic acid of Exfol Cream is pretty mild. So it should be okay.

The only note we have on Exfol Cream is: "Use cautiously around the eye area. Avoid upper eyelid."

As long as you haven't experienced any signs of irritation (redness, puffiness, increased lines/wrinkles, dryness) then you should be okay.

Those with dark circles around the eyes or extensive damage may in fact need to use a mild hydroxy very lightly in the area.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Fjellebasse
Those with dark circles around the eyes or extensive damage may in fact need to use a mild hydroxy very lightly in the area.

What does the acid do to dark circles, since you state this?
Picture of celiavalerie
Fjelle: It will help exfoliate the skin, not only aiding the shedding of anything unnecessary but also allowing an increase of blood flow to the area. Dark circles are like bruises- stilted capillaries causing pigmentation. With any skin damage, the exfoliation is necessary to shed dead skin and allow for the formation of healthy cells. Probable that the blood flow increase is the main reason to use an exfoliating acid for dark circles.
Picture of Fjellebasse
I did not know that.

Thank you!
Picture of celiavalerie
No problem, Fjelle Smiler I would start with the Exfol Cream there like SB suggests. It is pretty mild and still very effective. They do have sample sizes if you aren't sure but be warned- my first hydroxy acid order was a sample of Exfol Cream and I went through it more quickly then expecting because of its mildness and efficacy. Put it straight in the fridge- it keeps the texture much better which allows for easier application (less runny, much more eye-friendly). Best of luck!

-Celia
Picture of Fjellebasse
I'm very informed with AHA/BHA and have been applying (doctors office) peels for several years.

I just didn't know, that it has an effect on the blood circulation under eyes...

That is great knowledge to me... :-)

I'm gonna apply the Exfol under eyes at night for a while, and see if it helps anything, and see if my skin can handle it...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fjellebasse,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The skin around the eye is very thin so always start with the mild products. Strong products are difficult to use on this fragile skin.

For more specific instructions, look at http://reverseskinaging.com/eyes.html