Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Using Salicylic Acid + Lacsal Cream + CP 2x Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello Skin Biology,

I've been using the lacsal cream during the day and cp 2x at night. The thing is, I apply salicylic acid with a cotten swab all over my face before immediately applying the lacsal cream or the cp 2x.

I read that hydroxy acids break the link between older skin, so has this been reducing the effectiveness of the cp 2x? Should I wait before applying the cp 2x (if so, how long)? What about the lacsal cream, does salicylic acid interfere with it when I apply it immediately afterwards?

I prefer to be able to use the salicyclic acid on both ends of the day if I can, because without it, my skin becomes very oily and hard and I break out.

Edit: Also, I use emu oil and I've been getting great results with it. I don't break out, and it's actually made my skin softer. Such a great product! I think I might be able to go without using salicylic acid on both ends of the day (if necessary), actually.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Xytose,
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Xytose,

LacSal or Exfol does NOT reduce the effectiveness of CPs. The opposite...if applying CPs too soon right after hydroxys...the effectiveness of the hydroxys is diminished... 20 min wait is sufficient.

If using twice a day & can't wait in the AM, then be sure to wait in the PM. I frequently layer Exfol Serum, then LacSal Cream on top to get more action.
So does the 20 minute rule apply to betahydroxy acids (salicylic acid) too? or is it irrelevant to even use it in this context?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
20 minutes is OK for salicylates. They penetrate the skin more easily than alpha hydroxy acids.