Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
LacSal color Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have two bottles of Lac Sal, one has less than 1/4 left in it and I have a new bottle I recently purchased but have not opened yet. I noticed that the older bottle has changed in color. The new bottle is quite yellow, and what is left in the older bottle is like a pearly white color. Is this normal? Is it still effective? Thanks.

Kathy
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear KathyC:

We will ask Dr. Pickart about the efficacy.

LacSal Cream is sensitive to light, so make sure not to store it in direct light (especially not in direct sunlight). We'll post back on the color change.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team
They are inside a medicine cabinet and not exposed to any outside light. Thanks for your reply. I'll wait to hear from Dr. P.

Kathy
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We also have notice the whitening action.

For some reason the lycopene seem to be decreasing. The LacSal still works as an exfoliator but we may add more lycopene.
Picture of Siân
How would I use lacSal, and do I use it in place of Exfol? I have a "mature" skin and I guess I'm prone to dryness. People sometimes tell me that my skin looks dry, even when it doesn't feel dry. Frowner
Sian, my skin is also dry and I use LacSal in place of exfol. My skin does not need a lot of exfoliation. I think you'll be happy with the gentleness of LacSal.

Kathy
Picture of Siân
That sounds promising. Thanks for the tip. So I just replace exfol with Lac-sal and use it the same way? Confused
Skin Biology recommended to me originally that I use LacSal and CPs at oppostive ends of the day. I use several actives, however, including Vitamin C, so my routine is a bit more complicated. I use Vitamin C in the morning. At night I apply LacSal to clean skin, wait 20-30 minutes, then apply CP Serum, followed by emu oil.

Kathy
Picture of Siân
It sounds like it's worth a try. I haven't exfoliated for a couple of weeks, except with a wash cloth. Maybe I'll pick up with LacSal.