Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Two Timing Tightener Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I tried this for the first time today. I was surprised at the consistency (very watery) and even more surprised about the lack of "fishy" odor that all free amine DMAE has. I am thinking that this product must be the salt form of the amine (most likely bitartrate) and not the pure liquid free DMAE.

I am sorry to say that this will not be on my list of products to use. Personally, I want only a 3% amine formula as that is what was used in the clinical trials.

Kathy
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
We use the pure amine. It is basic and stinks like dead fish when we open the bottle. But as we lower the pH from about 10.5 to 6.0 and add the other materials, the smell diminshes.

You can visit our lab and you can smell it.
I might take you up on that on my next USA visit! I only live about 300 miles north of your lab.

I was just wondering, however, why you lower the pH? Is it still free amine at pH 6?
Picture of Siân
Great product, Dr. Pickart! Bravo!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by KathyC:
I might take you up on that on my next USA visit! I only live about 300 miles north of your lab.

I was just wondering, however, why you lower the pH? Is it still free amine at pH 6?

The natural pH of pure DMAE is about 10.5. This would act like a strong soap and open up the skin barrier. DMAE naturally exists in the human body at pHs ranging from about 4.0 in cells to 7.4 in the blood and would exist as an ionic form. As we reduce the pH, we form the ionic form.
I see (re oral DMAE supplementation in body tissues and blood). As far as topical application, I was just surprised that you wouldn't use the formulation guidelines from the J & J study and why you would change the pH.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
This is one reason that we are giving it away. I think DMAE will be easier on skin and still work at a pH=6.0.

So far the comments on it seem very positive. But I could be wrong.
Picture of Siân
I'm really liking your product, Dr. Pickart. I have been using it daily and I am very happy with the condition of my skin right now.
It looks like the sample will last quite a while, but I was wondering how it was going to be packaged (i.e., how much in a bottle) and what the selling price will be, since I didn't see it on the list and I'm considering doing a bulk order with my year-end bonus.

It seems to help in the mornings, although this morning's eyebags would defy anything short of surgery. Haven't tried it anywhere but my eyes, though.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We are still looking at the best way to thicken the tightener. It will be around $30 for about 50 ml.
<Paula>
I like the TTT except it runs down the side of the bottle everytime I dispense. I'm not sure how that could be fixed though.

The product itself is great, and I do smell the fishy odor in mine.
Have you figured a way to thicken this product. I still have my sample... Couldn't give a fair account for it... as I don't use it regular... the water like consitancy makes it akward to get on... I plan to give it a better go. but curious...

FitMama
<Paula>
As long as it wouldn't hurt the potency, I could see transferring it to a misting bottle or a different pump bottle where it couldn't just spill down the sides...