Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Feedback on Hand Cream Login/Join

Picture of SkinBiologyWebmaster
posted   Report This Post  
Coming Soon there will be a new hand cream available for a bonus.

Please leave feedback below.

What you like? How does it make your hands feel? How is the scent?

-Skin Biology Web Master
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
when will the handcream be available? I will need to place an order pretty soon.....
Picture of SAGE262
quote:
Originally posted by foxe:
when will the handcream be available? I will need to place an order pretty soon.....

I would also like to know when the hand cream bonus is available since I also need to place an order soon.
The new hand cream is out, but you probably already knew that.

-Skin Biology Web Master
Picture of SAGE262
WOW is my first impression! I just received it today, it smells fresh with a hint of cinnamon (must be the pumpkin oil) and the consistency is light and so a little can spread quite a way and it doesn't feel greasy or tacky. I just love it and it will be one of my favorite SB products!
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Thank you for your feedback Sage262. We are loving it here too!
I just got this in my order today and used it. I think the smell is heavenly. Maybe you could think about doing a summer scent and then this pumpkin scent for winter? My first impression is very good. This absorbs right away, leaves the skin very soft with no greasy feel at all. Will this benefit the skin elasticity on the tops of the hands?
quote:
Will this benefit the skin elasticity on the tops of the hands?

SS go online and look for how to do the Skin Elasticity test on the back of the hands. Its the one where you pinch up the skin on the back of the hands for 5 seconds then release.

That will give you a baseline where your elasticity is relative to your age. Note low hydration status can effect your baseline. So try it several times over a period of a week.

In a couple of months the skin should snap back much quicker indicating increased elasticity.

Fine lines that you may note when you bend the hand in a backward motion will be diminished. The increased thickness will start to push down any bulging veins. The skin Will look thicker. The skin will look smoother. The Skin will look better hydrated. The skin will have more glow.

Thats what I am getting with the FFB which is a poor mans version of hand Cream. Both Tin Peptide based.
Thanks, Maxx. I have done that test, and I have very old looking hands! I am pleased to hear you have had results in that area with the FFB. So, it sounds like the hand cream will definitely improve the elasticity! I am loving it, but it does burn a tiny bit when I apply it, and I only apply a very tiny amount!
SS back when I was first starting Skin Biology I called to place an order and asked a few questions. One of them was about aging hands.

She said Dr. Pickart had amazingly young looking hands. She said the Tin Peptide based Nail cream was basically his secret weapon.

That was about 16 months ago and now we have a Tin Peptide based cream specifically for the hands. Cool Smiler
Now that the product is been out for a few weeks, how are people feeling in regards to the texture of the Hand Cream?

Is someone using it daily? How does it make there hand feel with a strict regimen?

-Skin Biology Web Master
Picture of HappyNewbie
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
quote:
Will this benefit the skin elasticity on the tops of the hands?

SS go online and look for how to do the Skin Elasticity test on the back of the hands. Its the one where you pinch up the skin on the back of the hands for 5 seconds then release.

That will give you a baseline where your elasticity is relative to your age. Note low hydration status can effect your baseline. So try it several times over a period of a week.

In a couple of months the skin should snap back much quicker indicating increased elasticity.

Fine lines that you may note when you bend the hand in a backward motion will be diminished. The increased thickness will start to push down any bulging veins. The skin Will look thicker. The skin will look smoother. The Skin will look better hydrated. The skin will have more glow.

Thats what I am getting with the FFB which is a poor mans version of hand Cream. Both Tin Peptide based.

Hi Maxx,

Sorry but can you decipher FFB for me? Sounds good because I am liking the feel of the new handcream but seriously not liking the "holiday" scent..
quote:
Originally posted by HappyNewbie:
Sorry but can you decipher FFB for me? Sounds good because I am liking the feel of the new handcream but seriously not liking the "holiday" scent..

The FFB stands for Folligen for Blondes.

Like you, I also like the feel/texture of the hand cream, but do not like the scent at all. That really puts me off.

I haven't used the new cream long enough to give a review on how it's making my hands feel, but short term - they seem pretty moisturized for quite a while after putting the cream on.

I've used it a couple times/day since recieving it a few days ago.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
We appreciate all of your feedback. One of the reasons we added pumpkin oil is because the smell of tin peptides without anything added is quite alarming. Repugnant is an apt word for it. Since the benefits to the skin are so great Dr. Pickart wanted to make it so that people could use it and not be repelled by the smell.

My husband is an auto technician and his hands take a real beating at work. He is constantly in strong chemicals and oil and grease. He has started using it in the morning and the evening and has seen a real improvement in his hands. He now asks me, "where is that good cream for the hands?" as apposed to me prodding him to put it on so we can use him as a test case....

He is a good sport, but now he's sold because his hands feel so much better.

Thank you again for all of your feedback.
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of nanakomaki
I received the sample today! Just in case (?), I also got Nail Cream to compare the 2 products. haha

I am right handed...so my right hand has more damage than left hand.

So, I used Nail Cream on left hand, and used Hand Cream on right hand.

It has passed for several hours after I used...my right hand is softer than left hand already!

I will report a couple of weeks later for my experiment result.

About smell...when I opened the lid for Nail Cream...I thought it was kinda unpleasant smell...but once spread to my hand...it wasn't bad at all.

Hand cream...I was kinda expecting holiday smell...but I felt more like vanilla rather than pumpkin.

I like the Hand Cream smell over all...but I found out I should wash hands with soap when I eat! (dinner & sweet smell didn't go together...hahaha)

I have a question...I have really dry lip and tendency to lick my lip very often.

I think I read somewhere since Nail Cream is in the container, the preservative is more than bottled or tubed container products...so I am assuming Hand Cream should be the same way.

Is it OK to use hand cream on my lip with not too worry about eating (?) preservative?

Thank you!

EDIT: My palm smells like pumpkin/cinnamon, but back of my hand smells like vanilla. Confused

O...I forgot about the texture. Both creams are very light. I don't like how my palm gets oily/slimy-ish with regular hand creams...but Nail and Hand creams didn't give me the feeling at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nanakomaki,
Picture of SkinBioTeam
quote:
I have a question...I have really dry lip and tendency to lick my lip very often.

I think I read somewhere since Nail Cream is in the container, the preservative is more than bottled or tubed container products...so I am assuming Hand Cream should be the same way.

Is it OK to use hand cream on my lip with not too worry about eating (?) preservative?

Thank you for your detailed review! We appreciate it!

What Products are Best for Lips?

quote:
Many have inquired on how to deal with dry, chapped lips. Skin Biology's SRCP Creams can work very well in this area.

Some female long distance runners, whose lips get very dry, have used TriReduction Cream. Models have been trying this as well. It is safe to use these products on the lip area. Although our creams may not have the same 'taste' or smell as other lip glosses they have many beneficial properties for aiding in skin rejuvenation.

Many of our clients have written in and said that they used the Tin Peptide Nail Renewal as a lip balm with great results. You can see their reviews under "Benefits & Testimonials". It is safe to use on your lips. It is a good idea, if you are able to wash your hands before applying either the Tin Peptide Nail Renewal or the new TINPEP Hand Cream. Even for the face, the skin responds better if it is freshly cleansed with a gentle cleanser. Such as Dr. Pickart's Cleanser.

Again ~ Thank You
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of celiavalerie
For the lips: I've said it before but I LOOOVE both the tin pep nail renewal and hand cream for my lips. I am getting my first trireduction when my next order arrives for the specific purpose of trying it on my teeth/lips (the tooth issue is NOT SB "approved" exactly, just something they know is done and since they have not researched this indication they cannot confirm/deny. After all, the good Doc is not a dentist). But I do love that despite how awful tin peptides smell on their own, the creams offered by SB smell wooonderful. I am a massive lip licking addict! Every actor has their own tick, and upon viewing daily footage of myself at age seven with a director he asked me what mine was and why we had to re-shoot. Constant. Lip. Licking. I even pierced my lip 7 years ago because the biting/licking messes with my livelihood unless I am constantly aware of it (no Kiera Knightley pouty face for me on film!). I have had no issue when a little bit gets on my tongue, but it won't taste lovely and is sort of a nice reminder to not do it. You don't need much and please, as SB said, cleanse first for the best results. I even had an over decade old scar on my lip all but vanish once I started putting my excess nail renewal (pre existence of handcream) on my lips. It's my new go-to balm. I even keep my used up jar in my set-emergency bag because I find that even scraping just a hint of residue not only holds makeup in place better, but discourages my tonguing and lip health depletion from color changes. Side benefit for the pierced ladies/gents: I have not had to use ANY saline solution or non-iodized rock salt soaks for any of my piercings since I began SB. My lip ring hole is tighter than ever without sacrificing the piercing (which is v important since I have to remove it constantly for work and previously the larger-than-gauged hole had to always suffer some retouch). And without getting into TMI territory, the BND cream has worked nicely on another, lower set of piercings Wink
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by SkinBioTeam:
We appreciate all of your feedback. One of the reasons we added pumpkin oil is because the smell of tin peptides without anything added is quite alarming. Repugnant is an apt word for it. Since the benefits to the skin are so great Dr. Pickart wanted to make it so that people could use it and not be repelled by the smell.

I do not find the smell of the Tin Peptide Nail Cream or FFB offensive at all. A little strong when you smell it right out of the jar, but is dissipates once it is applied.

On the other hand, the pumpkin fragrance added to the New Tin Peptide Hand Cream sells yummy when you sniff it out of the jar... Smiler... But once it is on the skin, I find it overwhelmingly sweet & it does not fade.

No added fragrance would probably be better for those who don't want a lasting cling-on scent, especially men. Has your husband commented on the scent SkinBioTeam ?... Smiler

Although I must admit, I have been using the new hand cream on my heels with very good results & don't mind the pumpkin fragrance there.
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by celiavalerie:
And without getting into TMI territory, the BND cream has worked nicely on another, lower set of piercings Wink

Again, Not me...LOL!

I have no piercings other than one hole in each ear. Never wear earrings either, but once in a blue moon. I always feel too decorated & hate bringing attention to my face... Red Face

The day I feel comfortable wearing earrings will be the day my skin is fully remodeled. Still probably won't wear them though...less is more for me. My husband is lucky in that regards... Laughing