Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Gentle clean cleanser Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
The jury is out for me on this product. I have had to stop using it as it made my skin feel really dry! I do not use much and was using as y main cleanser, morning and night. I am resting my skin and will try it again. I find the smell distasteful, it reminds me of a hospital smell. I think it should be fragrance free if possible, anything better than the current smell. It seems like good value for money, but like I said I have not enjoyed using it. How have other people found it?

Cheers Sandra, New Zealand

From Dr P

Always use a minimum amount of any type of soap. Our skin is really not made for heavy washing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Sandeebee:

Actually Gentle Clean Cleanser was originally designed for extremely sensitive, fragile skin and we've had overwhelming positive feedback on this product.

But if you find that your skin seems drier when using it you can opt to use another cleanser. A few clients who have very dry skin have found adding a little bit of Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher to the Gentle Clean Liquid works well. If you already have those two products you may want to try it.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thats good to hear about the positive feedback, thats why I got it to start with. I also started using it at the same time as 2 other products of yours so I am slowly eliminating one of them to see what is creating the chalky dry feeling. I was using emu oil but I got chalkiness along with breakouts so my skin really was under stress! I am keeping things simple for the time being and will slowly reintroduce the other products back into my home care. Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Sandeebee:

You're very welcome. Please keep in touch - We'd like to see how things work out for you!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
I cannot find the ingredients for this cleanser anywhere. On the SkinBio site where all the ingredients are listed for all their other products, it says "Lanz Lab reserves the rights to the ingredient list". I've never heard of such a thing! I googled Lanz Labs & it's some chemical company in India. I refuse to use anything on my skin without knowing what's in it. Does anyone know what is in this product? I thought all cosmetic products have to disclose their ingredients?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
US FDA regulations do not require the ingredients on soaps.

But we now have this information of the Gentle Clean. But we do not know the relative amounts of the materials.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel,
Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate,
Sodium Laureth Sulfate,
Lauramide MEA,
Cocamidopropyl Betaine,
Polyquaternium-7, Phenoxyethanol ,
DMDM Hydantoin,
Methylparaben,
Propylparaben
Octoxynol-9,
Fragrance,
Citric Acid,
FDC Yellow #5
FDC Red #40
FDC Blue #1.
Thanks Dr. P! I didn't realize that sulfates were soap. I learn something new here every day!
Thanks again for the ingredient list!
quote:
Originally posted by Sandeebee:
The jury is out for me on this product. I have had to stop using it as it made my skin feel really dry! I do not use much and was using as y main cleanser, morning and night. I am resting my skin and will try it again. I find the smell distasteful, it reminds me of a hospital smell. I think it should be fragrance free if possible, anything better than the current smell. It seems like good value for money, but like I said I have not enjoyed using it. How have other people found it?

Cheers Sandra, New Zealand

From Dr P

Always use a minimum amount of any type of soap. Our skin is really not made for heavy washing.

I agree with Sandeebee re the the scent. I think the cleanser itself is nice, but I'd prefer a fresh fruit scent such as lemon or orange. I use the emu oil S for skin after I wash and my face feels good.
I'm complete opposite here, I love the smell. There's something quite fresh about it. Whilst I like lemon/oranges and their fragrance, I like the fact its not got any added perfumes etc which iritate my dry skin. This stuff works wonders for me!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Theresamary:

Thank you for posting your feedback - We have had many clients say they enjoy Gentle Clean, now known as Dr. Pickart's Face and Body Cleanser.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology