Find
Notify
Tools
Feedback on New LacSal Cream Login/Join

Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Report This Post  

Question:
Dear Skin Biology Clients:

As announced at the New LacSal Cream Product thread, we have started to send out this new exfoliation cream for clients to try with any other Skin Biology product purchase (Click on the above link to the thread for how to request a sample).

Lac Sal Cream is an mild exfoliation system with 8.5% lactic acid and 1.5% salicylic acid at pH 4.0. For the protection of the skin during exfoliation, it also contains natural skin lipids and anti-oxidants that normally exist in the skin mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, CoQ10, Leutin, and Lycopene.

We would appreciate your comments on the product after you have tried it for some weeks.

We have setup this area for comments on the cream along with how you have been using it with SRCPs. We will be reviewing this periodically.

Thank you,
-Skin Biology

Choices:
EXCELLENT - Enjoyed the Sample...Already seeing benefits
VERY GOOD - No irritation, I would use this regularly
GOOD - I would use this but have some suggestions
OKAY - Have suggestions (see below)
Please revise...(see below)

Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
New LacSal Cream

New LacSal Cream
Picture of Suboo
Thank you for sending the LacSal cream with my recent order!
I'm loving the texture and feel Love and the cream has some tingle when I apply. I have normal to dry skin so really love the creamy feel. I have been using your products for about 17 months.
I was very impressed with the upscale packaging and pump until..........after about 3 applications it stopped working Confused When I opened the container there was no tube to be found. Frowner It looked like it may have broken or come loose from the top. I have had this problem with hi end make-up bottles too. Roll Eyes Now I'm getting the cream out with a toothpick Smiler
I love your new product. Thumbs UP! Thank you again.
IMHO the container pump may need some work. Wink
Smiler
Susan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Suboo,
I also want to thank Skinbio for the complimentary LacSal cream. It seems like a great product!

I did want to mention though, that like Suboo, my pump stopped working after a few uses also.

I will also open the tube & get the cream out with a toothpick.

Again, thank you kindly Smiler
Hi

I too would like to thank SB for the complimentary LacSal. I love the way it makes my skin feel - way better than the exfol serum which I was never keen on.

Also want to add that I LOVE the Super Cop x2. (Probably the wrong place to post this but I'm still trying to find my way around the boards). It doesn't sting like the old super cop.
Thanks SB.

Dani.
Picture of Kathryn06
Re: the pump stopping. What has probably happened is that you've lost the vaccuum. Just pump it for what seems like an endless amount of times and you will recreate the necessary vaccuum. This hasn't happened to me with the LacSal, but I have experienced it with other airless pumps.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We will slightly loosen the thickness of LacSal. It will still have the same level of hydroxy acids but will be easier to pump.
Picture of Suboo
quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn06:
Re: the pump stopping. What has probably happened is that you've lost the vaccuum. Just pump it for what seems like an endless amount of times and you will recreate the necessary vaccuum. This hasn't happened to me with the LacSal, but I have experienced it with other airless pumps.

Thumbs UP!
Thanks so much Kathyrn. You're right, I tried pumping it many times last night after seeing your comment and now it works. I wasn't familiar with airless pumps.

Smiler
Susan
Picture of Kathryn06
Takes FOREVER, but it does eventually work.
When will the LacSal Cream be for sale? I do not want to run out.
Renee
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We are slightly loosening the cream but it will be still as strong.

We will give it away for a few more weeks.
Do I request it with another order?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Yes
Thank you!
I received my complimentary sample today, thank you very much Skin Biology! I am going to try it this evening for the first time. I realize this is a "leave on" product. My question is, how often should it be used ideally? Is this a once a week product or a daily product?

Thank you again.

Kathy Smiler
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear KathyC:

This is a daily product you can use once or twice a day (probably twice a day is the most that it would need to be used).

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team
I have been using the LacSal for the past week and like it very much. This will be keeper for me, and I likely won't bother using exfol again. My skin is dry and the LacSal very much agrees with my skin type.

I understand Dr. Pickart to have recommended that LacSal be used at opposite ends of the day from CPs. I prefer to use my LacSal at night, followed by CPs as I use Vitamin C in the morning. Is this a problem? Thank you.

Kathy
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Our clients often find better ways to use products than I recommend. Always do what works best for yourself.
Picture of Model_Dr
Yes, the pump is a problem, but SB knows that already Smiler

Mine takes for ever to get the product out and when it does it's always unpredictable how much will come out. So many times I end up with to much.

Loosing up the cream to a lotion is a great ideal, I also find that it's hard to apply a thin layer with this thick formula since I have to spread it out by pulling my skin and I don't like to do that so I put more.

QUESTION: I am tempted to moist my face with water before applying but that means that it will reduce the potency due the water ph being higher, right? or I am safe doing this?
I don't have any problem with the pump. I dispense three pumps each night and that covers my face and neck.

As far as the water, I don't do that myself, but the pH of the LacSal is about 4?? Correct me if I'm wrong Skin Bio Team. I don't think there's a great exfoliating thing going on at that high of a pH in any event.

Kathy