New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tightening of Your Skin... Login/Join

Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Report This Post  
Dear Visitors and Clients:

We would like to find out how many of you have had experiences using Hydroxy Acids and Skin Rejuvenating Copper-Peptides to achieve significant or noticeable tightening of the skin and how you went about achieving those results.

The skin areas we are particularly interested in include:
Breast Area
Body Area
Eye Area

We have a number of clients reporting good results (usually from consistent use over a period of time). And if you have experienced the same, please let us know what products seemed to have helped you the most.

Thank you & Best Wishes to All!
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Kathrynn
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I started using the CP serum about the 10th August and as I am monitoring the eye area especially, I will keep you posted. So far I am in love with the product and will gradually work my way up using stronger CP's.
Cheers Kathrynn
Picture of Kathrynn
Another thing I forgot to add was that I had a huge tightening of my stomach. I've been very consistent with peels and super cop 2X . I no longer have an apron of skin . Started august 2004 and still going .Oh yes and the eye area is looking good too as long as I don't overdo it with the cps
Kathrynn-

Can you explain - in more detail - the rigimine you have been using on your tummy?

Ana
Picture of Kathrynn
Sure. I two twice weekly lactic acid peels. Started at 40 now I do 85%. I also apply some super cp serum to moisten the skin on the stomach then apply super cop 2X to the stretch marks only. I seem to waste less that way . I follow this with exfol cream. I do this morning and night. My stomach was really bad. I remember in the hospital the nurses feeling sorry for me. Its looking really good now even though I still have a way to go. Six months isn't that long when I think that I had been living with this for 15 years
Kathrynn
Skin Biology,

I've been using Exfol and P+R with Retinol under my eyes since Oct. '04. ( I used these products before but not under the eye area. Didn't know that I could do this.) In December '04 I threw away all my moisturizers and started using Squalene with retinol exclusively. I've really noticed considerable lifting of the whole eye area. It's wonderful! I have lids again and my brows are higher. I also use Folligen cream on my brows; they appear much lusher and fuller; even glossier. Took about 3 weeks to see this change start and it keeps getting better. I'm currently going through the "uglies" under my eyes so I've backed off a bit from using these products twice a day.

I know you didn't ask about neck improvement but I thought I'd add I was starting to have the beginnings of crepy neck skin. That has *disappeared* since I started using Trireduction on that area.

Thank you.
Heather

Not much tightening nor firming of lines around the eye area .I have been using CP's for 5 months now- started with CP Serum & Night Eyes now Super CP Serum & Night Eyes I am quite dissapointed.Some of the lines have softened & the crepeyness near gone (most days).
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Miffny:

Don't give up on it. Recently we've received a number of reports of the look of very fast tightening and other improvements in their skin...But it does not work this way for all. Many times it depends on the existing damage or many times it seems that some individuals respond faster to SRCPs than others.

Around the eye area can be quite tricky to work with. Miffny you may want to try actually applying less product and see how that goes for you.

Please let us know if we can be of help or call 800.405.1912 to speak with Dr. Pickart himself about your situation - He may have further tips for you.

-Skin Biology

I use CP serum each night and then follow on with either emu oil or jojoba, though I have just purchased puredeming IGnoC (first time used amazed next morning!) which I will use from now on. I haven't seen a huge amount of improvement, but my skin was quite good to start with.

I used a sample of super cop 2x, which made my skin crepey for a while, but again, when the crepeyness went, not much change.

This is all sounding like it isn't working, but the way I see it, is at 40, no change is good change Big Grin.

My regimen now is AM:
cellularskinrx age limit and C serum
own mix of agireline, Matrixyl, HA and green tea serum
jojoba oil
sunscreen

PM:
CP serum
IGnoC

I use the supercopx2 after using a derma flannel or deep face masks. I am tempted to try something with retinols or variants like renova, but I'm worried about thinning my skin.

"...her vanity was only exceeded by her stupidity"
quote:
Originally posted by Kathrynn:
Sure. I two twice weekly lactic acid peels. Started at 40 now I do 85%. I also apply some super cp serum to moisten the skin on the stomach then apply super cop 2X to the stretch marks only. I seem to waste less that way . I follow this with exfol cream. I do this morning and night. My stomach was really bad. I remember in the hospital the nurses feeling sorry for me. Its looking really good now even though I still have a way to go. Six months isn't that long when I think that I had been living with this for 15 years
Kathrynn

I would have to see pictures of that (tummy)to believe it. I just had a tummy tuck in January & honestly, I cant believe you could tighten up skin so bad "nurses felt sorry for you".I love sb cp's. My facial kin is amazing since using it for the past 2 months, but the tummy thing is a little far fetched.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear linda & Kathrynn:

We too are trying to gather before/after pictures of clients who have experienced this tightening of the skin, or at least very detailed testimonials.

It does seem to work though and biochemically it makes sense.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Bio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
I will send you a picture soon, although I have been using cps since the end of April. I use the cp serum, exfol & squalene,and a 40% lactic acid peel every 10 days. I just added the p&r with and squalene with retinol.i also use retin a 3x per week. Im 39 & have melasma&hq wasnt working anymore. My skin looks fantastic.Even my plastic surgeon thinks so & asked me what I was using,lol! And I told him & he was very interested,so I directed him to this & dy's site.Im hoping to get rid of this melasma for good,so we'll see. I bought kojic acid, but then read that it shouldnt be used with cps??What about vitamin c?And how often & when? Thanks.
I must add some products work so much better on Men as in Cellex-C uses a man for the best testamonial.

Will be nice to see more women.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
<Delisay>
posted   Report This Post  
That's interesting... One would expect that most studies would be done on women, because we are the ones under pressure to remain perpetually 18-35 years old. However, I do wonder how much of the original research done years ago - the medical understanding of skin biology and physiology - was done with female versus male skin, because...

I have been reading about the original stress response research ('fight or flight'), and it seems that in all of the studies there were only 17 women(!!). That is, what we think of as our medical understanding of 'stress response' is actually 'male stress response', not 'human stress response'. Same with coronary disease, etc - scientists are noticing big gender differences in symptoms and response to therapies.

I suspect that a huge amount of older biochemical/physiological 'knowledge' is actually mostly male, with female differences largely unexamined and therefore not accounted for. I have read about 'gender based medicine' as a newly emerging field, for this very reason...

D.
Picture of Skin Biology
We just received this email:

"Dear Skin Biology, I wanted to let you know of the great effect we are having using Super Cop 2X along with Emu Oil to tighten skin after weight loss. Our family friend had lost a nice amount of weight. In the abdominal area she was left with loose skin due to the weight loss. Its only been about 3 weeks but the improvement is very noticable as far as the skin tightening. I can't wait to see what it looks like after she continues using the Super Cop 2X and Emu Oil for months. All I can say is so far the results are great!!! I will write back with those results as well.

Thank You." -Q.
Picture of Kathrynn
Update
I havent been online in ages but my stomach is continually improving slowly but surely. My navel is now a normal size again and I am very pleased. Not that I will be running around in midriff exposing tops at my age, but I feel so much more confident. I think the key is to stick with the products and learn to monitor how the skin reacts.(and be patient) I realise this does sound far fetched to some as I wouldn't have believed it myself, but I have been fairly regimented with my routine. I also used strong peels. I find a break from treatment every so often helps as well. I have since added the rolladerm as I still have a little loose skin above the navel. It is still too early to say how the rolladerm is working with the peptides as yet
Picture of Skin Biology
Thank you Kathrynn,

Please keep us all updated as time goes by...We are interested in seeing what worked in your case.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
bumping for updates pleaseSmiler
I've been reading through old posts about tightening of abdominal skin. I am still seeing steady progress using CPs, vitamins, a derma roller, a sensible diet, regular exercise, and vitamins. I have been thinking of using a slightly stonger peel and may purchase a galvanic unit. I think that I have been having better than average progress on my stomach - my navel resumed its natural shape, the little patches of loose, orange peel skin on each side of my navel is almost gone. I did the test where you bend over to see how much loose skin hangs and I have dramatically improved there as well. Not bad for a 50 year old woman who gave birth to 2 children and had a hysterectomy
!! I realize it may sound far fetched to people new to using CPs, but the results have been amazing as far as I'm concerned. I had thought that my only option was to get a tummy tuck. I plan on posting some pictures this weekend. I am still looking for a good before picture though!! Thanks Skin Biology!!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear marinalaska:

Thanks for posting your experience!

Perhaps when you have the chance you could briefly outline what your skin care regimen (and diet changes) were, along with an approximation on how long it took for you to start to see the beginning of changes in your skin as far as tightening is concerned.

Best Wishes for Continued Success!
-Skin Biology