Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Pigmentation - what products to use? Login/Join

posted
Hallo,

I would appreciate some advice on which products to use. I am in my mid thirties and have experienced more pigmentation on my face in the last year. Especially on my nose and the sides of my nose. Some spots on my cheeks and one spot on my forehead. I believe this is from the sun. I have heard of products such as Starwhite and Skinlight etc, but im not sure if they really work. I am wondering what you think of those products and if you could recommend products that really work on making the spots lighter or maybe even dissapear? I have a lot of blemishes on my face....

Many thanks.

Hanna

Posts: 7 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 10 February 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted Hide Post
The best way to improve your skin problem is to alternate and hydroxy acid such as LacSal Cream and Super Cop Cream. Use each lightly before bed three days a week.

Also use a microdermabrasion cloth to physically remove some of the damaged skin.

Posts: 7065 | Location: Skin Biology | Registered: 15 September 2004Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Hanna:

In line with Dr. Pickart's recommendations, here a simple regimen that works well to even out skin discolorations:

• Easy to Follow Regimen for Fading Hyperpigmentation

We would recommend carefully reviewing the following page on copper peptides: How to Fade Pigmentation Issues Without Damaging Your Skin - See: http://reverseskinaging.com/hyperpigmentation.html

Here is a suggestion on how you can start using the products:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the skin * , apply a light amount of Super CP Serum (which contains an effective concentration of copper peptides that can be used very lightly once a day). This should just barely cover the area without leaving the skin excessively wet or damp. Be careful with using around the eye area, or if you have sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin: Take 1-2 drops in the palm of your hand, add 2-3 drops of water and then apply to the area.

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, apply a light amount of Extol Cream OR LacSal Serum (2% and 10% mild hydroxy acid leave-on exfoliators). Apply lightly and leave-on. Leave-on hydroxy acids work to slowly dissolve the links between damage skin cells and heighten skin cell turnover rate. Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

Spot treat specific areas of hyperpigmentation or any other marks / blemishes in the evening: Spot treat a very light amount of Super Cop 2X - Extra Strength on specific areas of concern. Use very lightly. Not for use around the eye area. Test on a small area first.

----What to order? The best product to see what copper-peptides can do for your skin is our comprehensive Blemish Care Kit. Sample sizes of Super CP Serum, Exfol Cream, LacSal Cream, and Super Cop 2X are included in this kit / Contact 1-800-405-1912 for more personalized assistance.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

• Accelerate Your Success Using a Method of Manual Exfoliation

*Investing in a Skin Biology Microdermabrasion Cloth can make all the difference in assuring that your copper peptide products penetrate effectively and continue to work actively on your skin. When used properly these cloths are essential tools to help fade stubborn blemishes, calm oily skin; or minimize wrinkles and fine lines, enlarged pores, age spots; or simply remove dead skin/and dirt more effectively. See: http://store.reverseskinaging....asion_Cloth_p/90.htm

VIEW HOW-TO VIDEO on Using Microdermabrasion Cloths to fade pigmentation issues

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of winterskisss
posted Hide Post
I tried the microdermabrasion cloth which i have two of they are very nice but i never knew how to use one so i watched the video on your site . It shows a very gentle motion or movement over the skin so i copied what i saw in the video and was gentle but nothing happened and my skin was the same as before i used my cloth . It doesn't seem to help so im wondering if it is supposed to be wet , as the video doesn't say.

Cynthia VanVranken

Posts: 61 | Location: NY | Registered: 01 July 2004Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dera winterskisss:

Yes, the movement should be gentle but steady.

Please use exactly as directed... It does take time and these cloths work better for fading the look of pigmentation problems if you are using a copper peptide product as well.

But at least allow 4 months or so of consistent use.

How long have you been using the microdermabrasion cloth?

And are you also using copper peptides? If so, which ones?

We'd love to assist you with boosting your visible results.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
Picture of winterskisss
posted Hide Post
Mine are a pretty purple and i like how they seem to grab the skin as i move it around but am i supposed to wet it or is it better to have it dry ? Mine did not come with directions and i have looked here and there on the net but I will do what you said . Am I supposed to use it every day or several times a week ?

Cynthia VanVranken

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear winterskisss:

No problem - When you purchase directly from us there is a sticker label on the front of the microdermabrasion cloth specifying exactly how to use it.

Or you can visit the following page and read all tabs - It will instruct you on how to use it properly:
http://store.reverseskinaging....asion_Cloth_p/90.htm

But basically most clients should use it a little damp. Using it dry will be a much more aggressive method of exfoliation and could result in irritation.

FIRST TIME USERS: Follow the directions (not more than once every 7-10 days). You may notice that the skin may become more rosy in color for a day or so after the first treatment. Substantial difference should be seen after about 21 days.

Daily Use: For everyday light exfoliation, use your cloth for no more than 20 seconds total on your face, gently rubbing downward and outward. Never use a microdermabrasion cloth more than once a day for light cleansing.

How long have you been using your cloth?

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Picture of winterskisss
posted Hide Post
I have been using it for about 8 weeks but at first i used it only once a week then i have upped the frequency to 2x a week . I just ordered one from your site the other day , have not received it yet but soon im sure . I do like how smooth my skin is after now , my forehead is real smooth .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: winterskisss,

Cynthia VanVranken

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful winterskisss!

The first positive change most clients notice is an improvement in skin texture - So the fact that your forehead is feeling smoother is a very positive sign!

Please keep in touch