Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Alternate between Super GHK Copper Serum and other acids Login/Join

posted
Hello, Please help me. I am a new customer! I ordered the super GHK copper serum and the regular cp serum since 3 weeks. Now I am only using the first generation copper and I still didn't open the regular cp bottle. What I noticed is new wrinkles around my eyes. I had before fine wrinkles but this new product made them more noticeable. I know this is normal especially if my skin is over damaged and too many sun spots and hyper pigmentation with a small melasma spot. Anyway, would like to continue with the first generation super ghk copper serum but not everyday. I want to ask if it is possible to alternate between skinceuticals Phloretin cf along with retinol 0.3 high potency treatment of the same brand as my skin seems to like or tolerate retinol more than retin-a. I did my first chemical peel 3 days ago. It was a mixture of 15 percent tca and other 15 percent different acids like retinol and lactic and salicylic. I am using super ghk copper serum and emu oil (llb processors). My skin is peeling very well but I am noticing that the pigmentation is still there. The doctor prescribed for me martiderm pigment zero ampoules to use for 3 months, looks that they basically contain ellagic acid which is great for hyper pigmentation concerns. Now, my question is: Is it possible and good to alternate between Super GHK copper serum and my retinol and florets skin ceuticals serums. It means one day on Super ghk copper and the other day on retinol and martiderm ampoules along with phloretin cf or vitamin C Skin Ceuticals products? Please enlighten me as I am very new to all this and I am striving to make and choose the right journey and skin regimen that will build a new healthy, glowing, and strong skin barrier that is free of melasma and pigmentation. My age is: 31! I live in Uae. My skin is fitzpatrick type 2!

Posts: 4 | Location: UAE. ABU DHABI | Registered: 15 February 2019Report This Post
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted Hide Post
Dear Saharalia,

Thank you for emailing us what you are using in conjunction with your Super GHK serum. It is always very helpful to us to know why your skin may be dry or over worked. There are several important things to remember when working with copper peptides and your skin.

The key to successfully fading marks and damage lies in a slow and steady approach.
It sounds like you are doing that when choosing first to use the Super GHK Serum or CP Serum. . This is especially important when someone is prone to melasma or hypo pigmentation.

Retinyl palmitate (or retinol) is a wonderful lipid replenisher or moisturizer and is a combination of retinol derived from vitamin A and palmitic acid. Retinol and copper peptides combine exceptionally well; that is why the majority of our creams contain retinyl palmitate. Such as the Retinol in Squalane.

These are Dr. Pickart's recommendations:

[1]
quote:
I personally don't like the use of TCA acids on the skin. I used it for extended periods of time in my lab experiments and it caused little white spots on my hands that lasted for 15 years.

[2]
quote:
We recommend slowly improving skin. Our best copper peptide is our new 3+3 GHK Soothing Cream. The others work very well but for spot treating young skin this may be ideal for you."

[3]
quote:
It is best to alternate your copper peptide of choice, such as the Super GHK Serum or CP Serum with a mild hydroxy acid like Exfol Serum , LacTic Power 10 or LasSal Cream. Use a serum if you are prone to blemishes.".

Here is our general advice on how to care for skin that is prone to hyper pigmentation or melasma:

Success reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation depends on the type of problem. In the case of an uneven skin tone (sun damage or age spots or hyper pigmentaion) the best solution is to regularly exfoliate your skin in the evening using mild products containing lactic acid. Follow up with consistent use of a microdermabrasion cloth once a week to "buff away" and fade blotchiness.

Use your chosen method of exfoliation only in the evening, so as to avoid exposing freshly exfoliated skin to UV rays.

Every morning regularly apply your copper peptide cream or serum. For those prone to hyperpigmentation (dark marks or an un-even skin tone), you'll want to specifically look for GHK-based products to help your skin's pigment production.

An easy way to achieve this in a 1-2 punch is by using a bit of Protect & Restore Daycover on top of your GHK-based cream or serum. Day Cover contains safe, pure mineral titanium dioxide plus our own unique blend of copper peptides + tocopherols, lutein, and Co-Q10 (all important due to the oxygen radicals generated by sunlight).

Apply Protect & Restore Daycover Cream very lightly on top of Super GHK Serum , 3% GHK VIP Luxury Serum or Skin Signals Solution to lock in protective moisture and enhance penetration of your GHK product. Don't have a favorite GHK-based product as yet? Make ANY product a "GHK-copper peptide" by adding a few drops of Dr. Pickart's 7% GHK DIY Cosmetic Accelerant. Mix well into your favorite cream base (or dilute with water) and apply Day Cover cream afterward.

Keep summer skin well moisturized. Why is this vital? (1) Well-moisturized skin will always appear more even in color (no matter your complexion), and (2) increased moisturization helps activate the natural exfoliation process thereby fading darker/lighter areas.

My final tip: Steer clear of skin lighteners and bleaching agents. Embrace summer sun in moderation, consistently use your copper peptides, and exfoliate damage regularly.

You will need to use extreme caution with any kind of peel or skin bleacher or brightener to be sure that it is gentle enough for your skin. Often a chemical peel will only make that areas of hyper pigmentation worse.

To treat areas of hyper pigmentation we recommend:

AM: Use the copper peptide of your choice.(Per Instructions above.)

PM: After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of LacSal Cream / Or use Exfol Cream. After 20- 30 minutes, apply a light amount of Super Cop 2X Extra Strength. Use as a spot treatment on top on areas of pitted or raised scars or areas of hypo/hyperpigmentation. Massage into the skin for 5-10 seconds. If your skin needs moisture apply a light amount of Emu Oil for Skin or one of your favorite moisturizing oils.

Again, our recommendation if to take it slow and gentle with your skin. If you do, you will see amazing results.

Best Wishes,
~TheSkinBioTeam

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBioTeam,

Posts: 535 | Location: SkinBioOffice | Registered: 23 December 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very very much for the long-detailed and well-explained reply! It is perfect but does not provide exact answers for my inquiry! I will ask you again: Is it possible and good to alternate between Super GHK copper serum and my retinol and phloretin cf or other skin ceuticals serums. It means one day on Super ghk copper and the other day on retinol and martiderm ampoules along with phloretin cf or vitamin C Skin Ceuticals products? If yes how can I do this correctly, which one comes before. Should I use Super ghk Serum 3 days and retinol 2 days? The most important question can I use Vitamin C one day and the other day I use Super Ghk Serum? I would benefit more if you provide me with straighter to the point answers! As I said Super GHK serum worsened my wrinkles. This means my skin is super sensitive to copper. So if the first generation copper did all this pre phase damage then says what about the regular copper and the super copper serum and so on! That's why I need to know how can I combine vitamin C and retinol and Copper in my skin regimen? I wish Dr Pickart would show up and answer me directly because what you wrote is very general and does not clarify my plan about my skin care regimen!

Posts: 4 | Location: UAE. ABU DHABI | Registered: 15 February 2019Report This Post
Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Saharalia:

Yes. Please feel free to email Dr. Pickart directly.

Due to his busy schedule, he is not as available as the rest of our staff to post comments on the forum. However, he will be certain to personally reply to your email. Please send him a message at: drlorenpickart@gmail.com

1. We should first clarify that there is a big difference between retinoic acid (Retin-A) and retinol. Most people (like yourself) will be able to tolerate retinol just fine. In fact, retinol is in most of our copper peptide creams. Copper peptides and retinol are fine to use together.

2. Should you still alternate? Yes. Why? Less is More... Meaning, when using various topicals (even if they are compatible with each other) it may be still a good idea to alternate usage days rather than layering too much product on the skin.

3. How to do this?
Day One: Apply Super GHK Serum very lightly on the skin. Application should be so light that it just barely covers the area without leaving the skin excessively damp or wet.

Afterward, your product with 0.3% High Potency Retinol can be used on top.... Again retinol is very different than retinoic acid and Dr. Pickart regularly mixes retinol + copper peptides into most of our creams. This will not be a problem.

Day Two:
Use your chosen vitamin C product or Phloretin product.

Alternate every other day usage with copper peptides. Be sure to apply very light amounts. Start with the GHK Serum first then gradually start using CP Serum.

4. Vitamin C + Copper
Our suggestion on this has been updated. In practical application we have many clients who use vitamin C topicals and copper together without a problem. They report seeing only good results. The only possible concern would be with vitamin C topicals over 20% (which doesn't apply in your case). Either way, it may still be a good idea to alternate them (see answer #2).

5. Why things could be looking worse?
Our products are quite potent. So a little goes a long way. However, since you said "did my first chemical peel 3 days ago" your skin might not be prepared to handle any strong products. It might just need to rest for a while after a strong peel. Remember, you can always dilute strong serums with water before application so that they are more soothing to your skin. But the very best tip we can give is to use extremely light amounts and listen to what your skin is trying to tell you. Eventually things will calm down.

In Summary:

- Did the first generation "do pre phase damage" and "worsen wrinkles"? The chemical peel, heavy application of product, and too many layers of product could have easily caused wrinkles to look worse.

- Will it get better? YES.

- Will the 2nd generation be even more difficult to use? No. Not if clients use the products properly. SLOWLY graduate to stronger products. If you notice your skin has some sensitivity, use copper peptides only 2-3 times a week until your skin becomes more resilient. Dilute serums with purified water before applying after chemical peels. And finally, always apply everything lightly.

- Can you combine retinol, vitamin C, and copper? YES (see above answers). Retinol and copper have always worked well together. It is only the retinoic acid and GHK that have a bit of an issue. But again retinol and retinoic acid are very different. And if you decide to use a vitamin C product with copper, that is probably fine as well. As long as it is a lower percentage vitamin C topical.

- How to alternate (see above answers)
Basically, it is still a good idea to rotate applications of cosmeceuticals. This will allow your skin to rest and trains clients to use topicals lightly ---- Day 1: GHK Serum + Retinol product / Day 2: You can use Vitamin C and/or your other topicals... Then rotate.

For more personalized help, please email us at customerservice@skinbiology.com or contact Dr. Pickart directly (drlorenpickart@gmail.com).

We'd love to continue to help!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much! You are really excellent! One more question: Is it possible to use CP serum on my scalp to make hair grow fast?

Picture of Skin Biology
posted Hide Post
Dear Saharalia:

We have a number of clients who use CP Serum on the scalp for improved follicle health. Although Folligen Solution Therapy is the product specifically formulated for scalp use.

Please see our page on Create Stronger, More Resilient Hair with Copper Peptides at: www.reverseskinaging.com/haircare.html

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Posts: 4865 | Location: Skin Biology in Bellevue, Washington - USA | Registered: 22 June 2004Report This Post