Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Welcome to the SkinBiology Canada Forum Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello all Canadian clients!

This forum is specifically for Canadians who would like advice or information on products, and also for those who would like to comment on them. You can order from our website most of the items found on the ReverseSkinAging.com website at 'equivalent to U.S. prices'. We appreciate your feedback on products offered, products wanted, and also any and all questions on "how to use" ... We ship our orders by XPressPost, an very efficient service (arrival in 2-4 business days of order) which provides tracking and insurance on each order, with no customs hassles or duties to pay. We look forward to helping you reverse YOUR age Smiler !!

Yours truly,
Doreen Babiuk (B.Sc.)
SkinBiology Canda

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Doreen,
How have u been ??

I'm going to place this question here since I know that u're very knowledgeable about CP's and just incase Dr. Pickart doesn't get to me this weekend, since I'm a little concerned ...

I had a needling done last Saturday and have been applying Copper Peptides from day #3;
however on day#4 I started getting some scabbing but I still continued with CP's ... Is this ok ??
or
Should I refrain till the scabs fall off completely ?
Right now, some places r fine while others r a little raw and scabs r continuing to form ...
HELP !!

I also take this opportunity to wish a very Healthy, Happy and Prosperous NEW YEARS 2008 !! Smiler Big Grin Wink Waving
Hi Lila -

I hope you have good results from your needling !! - I think it may be a good idea to hold off on the CP Serum until the scabs clear up - probably just a few days. The reason I say this is that because, underneath scabs is 'raw skin' which may be overly sensitive to CP Serum. Wait until a nice, new layer of skin has formed on the areas that are now scabs and then start applying the CP Serum again - keep us posted as to the 'final results'? Many people here are really interested in how needling works out. Happy New Year to you, too!! Take care .

Doreen
Eeker Eeker
Too late !!
I've already been applying it on the three raw areas as well as the rest of the scars ...
YIKES ... Now what ??

Is it dangerous on raw skin ?? I won't hear about it causing cancer in a few years will I ?? Confused

Anyways, I've been at it for the last 2-3 years with needling sessions every 6 months or so and of course Skin Biology's CP's and I have to say that there's been a BIG improvement but I still have a ways to go ... however, I'm VERY optimistic !! Big Grin Waving

I will most definately keep in touch and let the whole world know that needling DOES work but it takes years and ALOT of patience ... sigh ...

Thanks so much for the quick response Doreen, u're awesome to say the least Thumbs UP!

My best regards to u Big Grin
Hello Lila -

Love your sense of humour! It isn't 'dangerous' at all but may cause irritation on raw skin - when I say 'raw skin' I mean skin that has lost the top layer and may be weeping, etc. I am glad that you are seeing some results - a lot of clients have asked me about needling - can you recommend a spa or spas or esthetician that you have found really good? - I would love to pass this on! Thanks!

Doreen
quote:
Originally posted by SkinbioCanada:
Hello Lila -

Love your sense of humour! It isn't 'dangerous' at all but may cause irritation on raw skin - when I say 'raw skin' I mean skin that has lost the top layer and may be weeping, etc. I am glad that you are seeing some results - a lot of clients have asked me about needling - can you recommend a spa or spas or esthetician that you have found really good? - I would love to pass this on! Thanks!

Doreen

U're adorable !!! Big Grin

I would just love to pass on any info whatsoever to help "anybody" that's in this frustrating position ...
I simply went to a permanent make-up artist who's been doing this for 20 years and asked that she tattoo the scarred area withOUT the ink ... that's it !!
Simple as that !!
and the results have been PHENOMENAL so far; however, this is after almost 3 years of difficult moments/periods and repeated needling sessions 'cause my scars were VERY deep burns (2nd and 3rd degree) ... it truly works Doreen !!
IF u have patience that is ... and ALOT of courage for this type of procedure ... it's NOT an easy thing to go through ... BUT well worth it in MY opinion Bravo!

Thank-u so much for all ur help and kindness and continued loyalty to ur customers ...
U r one terrific lady !!

Btw; my bottle of CP Serum will be running out soon ... Wink
The small raw areas r doing fine I'm happy to report even though I applied the CP Serum on it when it was still raw ... Smiler but it did sting though ... Weeping
and then of course I applied Emu oil afterwards or else the area dries up terribly ... Thank-u again Doreen Waving
Lila -

I think that was quite a brilliant idea - !! Tatoos without the ink !... (who'd have thought) I have one or two spots I might like to try it on.... it is great to have 'tried and true' suggestions for clients who would like to try needling. Thanks SO much - and I'm glad your 'raw spots' survived :-) Take care!

Doreen
U r most welcome Doreen !! Big Grin
If u should have ANY other question at ANY time ... just let me know ... Cheers Waving
Hello, I am new to these whole skin thing, although I have been using a product called arbonne for a few years for blemishes and dry scalp. First of all please place this in the right category if it is not there already. So my concern is, I am looking into growing fuller and thicker facial hair (I am male) and was wondering, if I can grow a beard but it is not patchy and thick. Also, because I do not want to break out again, are your products safe to use with those prone to oily skin? For your knowledge I am 26. Thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear csieagleeye:

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion - Here are some tips:

.......................................................................................................

• SUGGESTIONS FOR HAIR & BEARD

Improve Beard Beauty

We would recommend carefully reviewing the following links on copper-peptides:
Male Hair Concerns
General Hair Care Tips

Please review our page at: Best Tips for Beard Beauty

Suggested Use: Lightly apply Super CP Serum or Folligen Spray directly on the mustache or beard area once a day or every other day.

Use Folligen for mustache/beard beauty for at least 4-6 weeks consistently. Typically it is within that amount of time that changes such as a healthier mustache/beard appearance are noticed. If you do shave or trim around this area, we'd recommend washing the skin before shaving which is helpful in exfoliating and lifting the hair away from the follicle while softening the hair and preparing it for the shave. Always shave in the direction of the hair growth. Shaving in the same direction (and not against the grain) helps to train the hair to grow out straight, thus preventing skin irritation and razor bumps. Afterward a damp warm towel can be applied for a few minutes to further soothe and soften.

.......................................................................................................

• SUGGESTIONS FOR GENERAL SKIN CARE

We have specially designed oil-free products that work well for those prone to have oily skin.

Our best suggestion for evening out skin tone and pigment is the use of a good method of exfoliation (with hydroxy acid and/or manual abrasion) + copper-peptides to help initiate improved skin rejuvenation.

Here is a suggestion on how you could start using the products :

AM Use:
AM: After cleansing the skin, apply Super CP Serum (which contains a very effective concentration of copper-peptides in an oil-free formula that can be used very lightly once a day). This should just barely cover the area without leaving the skin excessively wet or damp. Be careful with using around the eye area, or if you have sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin: Take 1-2 drops in the palm of your hand, add 2-3 drops water and then apply to the area.

PM Use:
PM: After cleansing the skin, apply a light amount of our LacSal Serum (a 10% hydroxy acid product that helps exfoliate dead skin cells).

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Dear Skin Biology:

Thank you for the prompt response! Sorry I haven't had a chance to respond for a while but that is life. Your article was very thorough, but I still have a couple of questions that I would like some answers to. First of all, do you have any links or research regarding the safety of the Super CP Serum? I understand from my own research and college studies that most elements appear in the body as trace amounts, and we do happen to ingest compounds containing these elements if we take vitamins or eat food. So does this product have any side effects? Secondly, If I were to purchase this product, and given normal use how long would the 1 oz bottle last versus the 4 oz bottle. Lastly, right now I am using the Arbonne Clear Advantage series which consists of a wash, toner and repairing lotion. In the mornings I normally shave before cleansing, but I do use a gillete fusion shaving cleanser. After this, I follow with the Arbonne Clear Advantage series in the following order: wash, toner, and then repairing lotion. Due to my satisfaction with my current product, I would like to continue using Arbonne only to treat my facial imperfections, but I would like to implement the Super CP Serum into my routine to enhance the appearance of my facial hair. So, at which point in my morning routine should I implement the Super CP Serum? Also, are there any side effects?

I am still confused. The Super CP Serum does not say anything about promoting beard/and or mustache health, instead speaks mainly of reducing the appearance of scarring. The folligen spray is for the scalp. Which of these or any other products will work for my beard area?

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear csieagleeye:

We've had clients report good results with both products. You could use either one.

The reason for this is that both products have copper-peptides as the main/active ingredient.

On our page on How to Enhance the Appearance of Your Beard you'll notice both Folligen Spray and Super CP Serum are mentioned.

Which product may be best suited for you may depend largely on your skin type.

Since the area you would be trying to affect is on the face and not the scalp, those with oily skin type prone to breakouts may actually do better using Super CP Serum.

Super CP Serum was designed for facial skin rejuvenation but due to the high concentration of copper-peptides it also seems to work quite well on the appearance of beard/mustache.

See the "Results" tab on the page listed above.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Will it also increase how coarse and dark my facial hair is, or will this be related to new hair growth, or no thickening or darkening of facial hair period?

Picture of Skin Biology
Dear csieagleeye:

Clients looking to improve beard/mustache/sideburns beauty have noticed visual improvements when using copper-peptides consistently.

Results of course will vary, and much may depend on how thick or dark an individual's hair is genetically to begin with.

The entire surface of our skin is covered with hair follicles, mainly vellus hair follicles which are thin and short.

Only in certain parts of the body do hair follicles produce full grown terminal hairs.

Dr. Pickart has commented that although copper-peptides do not change the type of hair follicle, they do seem to make vellus hairs more healthy. See: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...890006095#5890006095

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology