Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Use of Super GHK Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
As a recent user of CPs (7 wks now), I began my regimen with CP Serum and having rec'd a sample of the Super GHK from you (thanks v. much), I also used it when my skin was looking rather unhappy with the Serum and Exfol.

Have been re-reading your web site info (soooo much there)& remark again that the SuperGHK is noted to be "5x stronger than the strongest formulations availaable & 50x the concentration found in most GHK cosmetics". My question is:
How does it compare with the strength of the CP Serum? As I don't recall my skin experiencing any "unhappiness" with the Super GHK, I realize now I should have begun with it, even tho' I've always had rather thick, tough skin.

Having said that, I've learned something about the initial stages of using CPs. For most people, it's probably best to begin with the mildest formulations (Super GHK)and to use less than you think would ever be effective. It might also be helpful to use it 3 days/nights, break for a day or 2, then resume for another 3 days/nights until you reach the point where the skin has really adapted. And for me, 2 keys have been to continue using LacSal to keep skin clear & clean as possible, even thru' the 'unhappy' stage, and to keep skin as hydrated as possible...love, love, love your Emu S oil for that. But I digress.

So am wondering if I should just continue using Super GHK and forget about CP Serum altogether? Since it's less irritating but strong, that option seems to make sense to me. And how can one tell when it's time to move to a stronger formula?

Didn't mean to go on for so long. Besides my questios, I'd like to say, my skin is VERY happy now with CPs - pores are smaller and cleaner than they have been my whole like, skin is brighter & colour is more even toned than in 6 months of using Vit C serums. It started to look happier in the 4th wk and it has been uphill from there on. Mind you, I'm still diluting the CP Serum 4/3, Serum to water. From the start tho', have loaded the Serum on my neck/chest/breasts with no "unhappiness" whatsoever.

TIA
Arya
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Arya,

Dr. Pickart will correct me if I am wrong, but from the way I understand it, GHK-Cu is quite different from the second generation CPs, as the copper level is so much lower but the GHK part is so much better at carrying the copper that GHK products have 1/25th (?) of the copper of the second generation CPs (or something like that).

So, in my opinion the GHK-Cu superior, but that is just my opinion based on my own experience. I have had no irritation from the GHK-Cu at all whereas I really had to be careful with the regular CPs (even diluted) especially around my eye area.

Hope that helped a bit!

Kathy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Thanks KathyC

Ok, I think I understand why the GHK is less irritating.... it has less CU in it, nevertheless, the formula is more efficient/effective at skin rejuvenation. Which to my very unscientific mind explains why it is recommended for v. sensitive skins & for new users. Because of the lower content of copper, it isn't a good idea to jump from it to the Super CP serum formula. The skin wouldn't have had the opportunity to adapt to higher levels of copper & would likely result in serious irritation.

OK...my questions are answered.

Thanks, Arya

Hello Arya -

And thanks, KathyC, for your informed sharing:-) Super GHK is the mildest facial product and I am glad you are finding it is good for your skin - I use it (as well as the stronger products, intermittently) and really love it. As to when you should move up to 'stronger' products, let your skin tell you. Dr. Pickart is a great proponent of 'the client as the scientist' - when you look in the mirror and think - 'hmmm - I think it could be even better', then try stepping up (ask for a sample with your next order?) to TriReduction. If, one the other hand, you are very happy with the way your skin is behaving, why change it? Keep us posted on your progress!

Doreen Babiuk
Skin Biology Canada
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by KathyC:
Hi Arya,

Dr. Pickart will correct me if I am wrong, but from the way I understand it, GHK-Cu is quite different from the second generation CPs, as the copper level is so much lower but the GHK part is so much better at carrying the copper that GHK products have 1/25th (?) of the copper of the second generation CPs (or something like that).

So, in my opinion the GHK-Cu superior, but that is just my opinion based on my own experience. I have had no irritation from the GHK-Cu at all whereas I really had to be careful with the regular CPs (even diluted) especially around my eye area.

Hope that helped a bit!

Kathy

We brought out the Super GHK for the women who have difficulties using the new SRCPs around their eyes. It is milder and is a way to avoid the temporary loosening of skin that sometimes occurs.

Thank you Dr. P. My skin is looking better every day, as long as I'm not heavy handed.

Love the pic of Napoleon charging into battle...
Gives me a chuckle.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
I am on the horse battling with the reactionary forces of marketing that damage skin in search of a quick profit.
It's a beautiful sensation: having someone helping, guiding and protecting us!
I feel very, very lucky for having met Dr. Pickart and his staff.
Thank you, AM
....helping, guiding and protecting" and apparently with humour! It is always a bonus, isn't it.

Arya