Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Solubility of CPs Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
As a new user of CPs (5+ wks) am wondering if the product is soluble i.e. if I apply it, & need to wash my face about 1-2 hrs later, will the effect of the CP be destroyed?

I ask because I've been using a Vit C product, and when applied, its efficacy remains after 10 min on the skin (not that I'm comparing the products, it's just that my habits often require me to wash my face some time after application of the CPs).

Thanks.

PS. skin has now adapted to CPs & have noticed an improvement in skin, colour, and pore size. But, there's always one isn't there, my skin does not like Exfol serum. Break outs continue so have discontinued its use.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello Arya2-

While CP Serum is water-soluble, washing your face after an hour should not result in a decrease in its' effect. The reason for this is that absorption of products by the skin takes place 'on a curve' - that is to say that the greatest amount of product will be absorbed shortly after application with absorption decreasing as time passes (the skin can only take up so much at a time) - one to two hours is fine, so wash away!

As far as your skins' disagreement with ExfolSerum - you might want to try our new LacSal Serum - very gentle and of a slightly different composition than the ExfolSerum. As you know, exfoliation is very important in the skin rejuvenation process - as for a sample next time you order, and please keep us posted as to your progress!

Doreen Babiuk
Skin Biology Canada

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you Doreen:

Yes, I purchased LacSal as well and am using it. You are right about exfoliation. Have found frequent exfoliation, peels etc to keep the pores clean, as well as keeping my skin well hydrated, are key. Guess that can be said about all skincare regimes but have found with
CPs these steps seem to be even more important.

Am looking forward to the time when I can use the stronger products.

Cheers.