Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Thinking About Changing Routine Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I'm thinking about changing my routine and could use some advice/feedback.

I currently use Skin Signals Solution, Emu Oil, and LacSal. I was thinking about switching to VIP Luxury Serum, Squalane with Retinol, and possibly adding microneedling. I'll continue using LacSal Serum unless I should be looking at something else.

I don't feel I'm seeing the results I want and should switch things up to increase them.

I'm 55 with dull, acne prone, combo skin. I have a very oily forehead and nose but the rest of my face is very dry. My wrinkles aren't terrible, I have fine lines but sagginess is a greater concern.

I want to improve elasticity and firmness, reduce dark spots, get a "glow" to my complexion, and continue to keep wrinkles from deepening.

What are your thoughts on switching the products I'm using and adding microneedling?

Thank you!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Pamela:

Thanks for posting your comments. Others might be feeling the same way (desiring to accelerate their progress or feel that their results have peaked) and need assistance to see how to effectively boost their results.

With your current regimen, you can do this in one of two ways:

1. Use a more potent copper peptide

2. Drive in the copper peptides you are already using with micro needling

Although you could do both, we might suggest to first try one option and then the next.

Option 1:
Substitute your Skin Signals Solution with the more potent 3% GHK VIP Luxury Serum. Be sure to include, as your free sample with purchase, some of the Skin Signals Solution. This option would allow you to make the switch to the luxury product but still have plenty of the base product on hand for days when you may need to rest your skin. This is a perfect way to gradually work up to using a product that is essentially 3x as strong, while still maintaining your results with the product you know works well for you.

Emu Oil-S Lipid Replenisher can continue to be used on top or to moderate a product's strength.

Since you have combination skin type we'd suggest sticking with LacSal Serum or Exfol Serum (hydroxy serums with salicylic acid).

You could order as your bonus with purchase, Super Cop 2X - Extra Strength to spot treat dark marks and work on deep wrinkles in the evening.

Option 2:
Enhance penetration of the products you are already using by simply skin needling once a week with a 0.5 mm micro needling roller.

Continue with your regular regimen, but on the day you use your device, apply Skin Signals Solution immediately after rolling. This product can easily be diluted with water if it feels too strong after needling.

Skin needling is a great option to research for those who:
a) Do not have sensitive skin,
b) Have previously used copper peptides + methods of abrasion successfully, and
c) Are needing to enhance their results or who feel their results have peaked

For others reading this post, skin needling may not be for everyone. Email us directly for a personalized skin consultation (customerservice@skinbiology.com) to see if this method might match with your current skin condition and skin goals.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thank you very much for your reply. This is very helpful. What are your thoughts on using Squalane with Retinol in place of Emu Oil? What are the pros and cons?
Picture of Skin Biology
You are most welcome!

Retinol in Squalane is excellent and one of our best sellers.

It can easily be substituted for the Emu Oil-S. It mainly is a matter of client preference.

However, the retinol (very different than retinoid acid / Retin A) may cause breakouts in those who have oily/combination skin type or who are acne-prone.

Since you mentioned this in your skin description, we recommend Emu Oil instead.

Retinol in Squalane is perfect for those with dry skin, but Emu Oil (or just plain Squalene) is a much better option to keep skin moisturized without pushing it over into an active breakout.

And as with any biological oil on combination skin, less is more. Use very lightly.

Best Wishes,
Skin Biology
Thanks for the additional info! I'll stay away from Retinol in Squalane. Smiler