New
Find
Notify
Tools
skin signal solutions Login/Join

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
Skin Signals Cream and Solution has the same copper peptide levels.

This statement confuses me. I thought SS Solution was much stronger than SS Cream.
quote:

Okay, but what if you need a new paint job, tune up, and a bit of off-the-frame restoration in some areas? (LOVE the analogy, BTW.) You know, like the bumpers need tearing off and rebuilding--maybe a side panel needs some repair?

I've just started using the Skin Signals Cream formula. No one addressed the original poster's question about whether there was a strength difference between the solution and the cream. Is there?

(I also use some heavier CPs in what I consider my more "major" lines and on my neck. So am I covering all of my bases that way?)

I'd like to think I'm using something that is strong enough to generate serious skin texture improvement.

I'm fortunate not to have any major scars (though I wonder about that too--I do have some little poc marks here and there. But are they just enlarged pores? Could be old scars.)

My main goal is to repair leathery/fine-line mess and re-tone the general elasticity and plumpness of my skin.

Will Skin Signals do the job?

Bumping as I think this is a great question!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Is SS Cream the same strength as SS Solution? If you look at the product strength guide the SS Cream is in the mild area. I have been under the impression that the SS Solution is much stronger. According to a chart that Dr. Pickart posted recently, they have the same amount of copper in them. I would appreciate any help you can give me with this question.
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by smiling:
Is SS Cream the same strength as SS Solution? If you look at the product strength guide the SS Cream is in the mild area. I have been under the impression that the SS Solution is much stronger. According to a chart that Dr. Pickart posted recently, they have the same amount of copper in them. I would appreciate any help you can give me with this question.

Smiling, I too was also under the impression that SS Cream was further down the chain than SS Sol?

But now I see that they are equal in CP strength according to the recent chart. How are they equal with the cream also containing GHK which the Sol does not?... GHK being milder.

Have you increased the amount of 2nd gen CPs in the cream to match the solution? If that is the case, wouldn't that knock this out of the "mild range" into the "moderate zone"?

Perhaps SB can clarify – just trying to get a better handle on the Skin Signals products which I thought were 2 different animals.

Is there still more collagen & elastin peptides in the cream or they now equal as well?

Just trying to get a handle on these 2 which have confused many of us from the beginning... Confused?...

Love SS Sol on my face & the Cream around my eyes & neck – they are both winners in my book!...Love the tightening!... Thumbs UP!
Picture of oskyz
Too odd, since Dr P told me that SS cream was for maintenance, and SS solution was for remodeling.

Maybe they changed the formula a bit...
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:

As we get feedback from out clients, we modify the formulas, so the information changes.

But copper peptides are influenced also by the other ingredients. We have more reports of strong remodeling for the Skin Signals Solution but the Skin Signals Cream may work better for dryer skin plus tightening and firming.

But as usual, you have to find what works best for your purposes.
quote:
We have more reports of strong remodeling for the Skin Signals Solution but the Skin Signals Cream may work better for dryer skin plus tightening and firming.

The Skin Signals Serum was almost a trial balloon. When it launched no one was sure how or if it would work.

The Skin Signals Cream was a next gen, new and improved product based on what was learned from the Serum.

The new and improved Cream was formulated with more collagen and elastin fragments and Super GHK was added.

Will the Serum be receiving these "updates"? Have there been any increases in the amount of collagen and elastin fragments in the serum.

Seems like if the original Serum formula still is in use. It may be time for an update.
quote:
quote:

As we get feedback from out clients, we modify the formulas, so the information changes.

But copper peptides are influenced also by the other ingredients. We have more reports of strong remodeling for the Skin Signals Solution but the Skin Signals Cream may work better for dryer skin plus tightening and firming.

But as usual, you have to find what works best for your purposes.

I guess this means the SS Cream has the same amount of copper peptides as SS Solution, but it is not as strong. This is due to the GHK, collagen and elastin fragments in the SS Cream tempering the strength. So, the SS Cream is not as strong of a remodeler. I hope this is a correct assumption. I don't need strong CPs, I think the SS Cream is just perfect for what I want to achieve.
Thanks Smiling. I think you may have nailed it.

Still wonder if SB plans on doing any updates, or has done any updates, on the SS Serum. Most bypass the SS Serum for remodeling and go straight to the Super CP serum. Which is generally what Skin Biology's recommends.

Like you I would also prefer a milder product if it gives maximum tightening. Something to give and maintain maximum tightening once all the remodeling is done.
Picture of stoney
Smiling, that is how I interpreted it as well. Yes, by all means stick with Skin Signals Cream if you don't have scars. It is strong enough for general anti-aging. Even though it is a relatively new CP, there have been some reports of fantastic results using SS Cream & a mild hydroxy. If you are working on any expression lines, Tri-Red Cream is great for spot treating.

Maxx, I think SS Sol is still the same. It seems to offer both stronger skin remodeling & tightening just as it is. I still get no effects from TTT. I think that is because my long-term use of CPs has tightened my skin & that happened before either of the Skin Signals were born.
Stoney, I guess what I am basically wondering is if the the SS Serum might need to be updated a little.

Since SS Serum was an experiment, based on a theory that came out of Eastern Europe. A trial balloon of sort, that ended up working very well.

Much was learned from the SS Serum feedback and Dr. Pickart incorporated what he learned. Into the new SS Cream which has increased tightening and firming effects.

So it might be time for a retool on the original SS serum formula. As I think most who use it are aiming for maximum skin tightening.
Picture of Skin Biology
We will be keeping everyone abreast of the adjustments very shortly.

But we cannot over emphasize the fact that we highly value your feedback and comments. In fact your honest reviews are essential to the success of our new products.

Any adjustments or refinements in formulations are really done with the goal of what will best help clients reach their skincare goals more effectively. Through the years, this "adjusting" has worked exceptionally well to hone in on formulas that are near perfect. Although it does take time.

More information will be coming on this...

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
Stoney, I guess what I am basically wondering is if the the SS Serum might need to be updated a little.

Since SS Serum was an experiment, based on a theory that came out of Eastern Europe. A trial balloon of sort, that ended up working very well.

Much was learned from the SS Serum feedback and Dr. Pickart incorporated what he learned. Into the new SS Cream which has increased tightening and firming effects.

So it might be time for a retool on the original SS serum formula. As I think most who use it are aiming for maximum skin tightening.

The ideas came from the research in the Czech Republic and France. I just added the copper to the elastin and collagen peptides.
quote:
Skin Signals Cream and Solution has the same copper peptide levels.

Hello Dr,

I use the CP serum for about two months and I´am having an excellent effect in improving my skin.

However, I have a question: I'm using the CP in the morning, and was wondering, can I use after the moisturizer Dr. Perricone: Face Finishing Moisturizer, which contains Alpha Lipoic Acid, DMAE, but also some Vitamin C-Ester (which is not the main component).

I read in the site, that for pure Vitamin C, there should be 12 hours between the use of CP and the pure Vitamin C.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english, it is not my language !!
Kátia
Picture of WhatWhat
"My main goal is to repair leathery/fine-line mess and re-tone the general elasticity and plumpness of my skin. "

Amen sister. And remove some age spots/hyperpigmentation. Maxx and Stoney you two have given me so much info today reading this forum. Thank you so much.
Thank you Smiler Stoney is hiding in Guatemala fearing a possible tax evasion rap. I will pass it on via our elaborate system of Monkey Telegraph.

On your other posts. Hospice two thumbs up Smiler I kind of laughed when I read the thread about people looking 20 years younger then their age. 45 year olds looking like 25 year old etc. But I do have a patient right now who is also in their early 90's who looks better then most of our patients in their 60's. Not a single wrinkle or line. Never seen anything like it.

Professional peels. I started those 2 months before I started skin Biology. Done by a professional, those can really jump start the remodeling process.

Here is a table of what to expect with different concentrations of acid i.e. Free Acid Value:

http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/16.aboutpeels/
Picture of WhatWhat
I'm having good success with the peels and this skin care.

SO glad I found this stuff!! You are a care giver?
I love the 90 year olds, best stories ever!
quote:
You are a care giver?

The whole family. I'm a Registered Nurse, Wife Nurse Practitioner, Daughter CNA, Son Medical Assistant Smiler
Help! I've used the Skin Signals Cream. It's gone and I want to order something else. I'm 65, have skin as dry as the Sahara, sun damage, mild redness on my nose, skin sensitive. I've lost more elasticity in the last year than in the last 10. Could I still do some kind of chemical peel to get started. I loved the Emu oil and would get more. What about CP Serum next?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Dr. Pickart
The peels do help.

Our hydroxy acids are not peels but LacSal could be considered a very mild peel.