Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Squalane NOT recommended? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I've been using super cp's for almost a week and i can tell they work so i just want to say thank you Dr Pickart!

Anyway ive been using SB emu oil but im finding it very heavy and definitely for night time use. Also wondering why some mornings i wake up with small breakouts..

I thought about squalane instead, but upon reading on Diana Yvonne squalane is NOT recommended for problematic skin. Why?

SB doesn't accept paypal so that's the reason im using DY to buy "Pure Squalane Oil" which looks like the next best thing to SB's product. So I'm not better off without squalane? Whats the problem?

"Directions: Apply to skin in a thin layer and allow to dry. Will moisturize and protect. Apply morning and evening. Not recommended for oily problematic skin. "

My skin isnt exactly oily per say but i've thought about sebum gone as a treatment to reduce the occasional whiteheads i get which im guessing are from excessive oil production (hormonal and exercise related).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Also wondering why some mornings i wake up with small breakouts..

I thought about squalane instead, but upon reading on Diana Yvonne squalane is NOT recommended for problematic skin. Why?

Same reason, possible increase in breakouts.

Squalane though does seem to be a lighter oil so you might do fine.

You can start gradually every other night or a few times per week. That way the skin gradually adapts and should limit or stop breakouts.

Emu and Squalane both are like the SB products. Apply just enough to barely cover the skin.

If you find Oils don't suit your skin its not a big deal. They can speed up the rejuvenation process a bit and help with dry skin. But arn't critical to the process.

Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Excessive lipids are a major cause of blemish breakouts.

If your skin is dry from anti-blemish medicines, a light application of Emu Oil with Anti-oxidants helps and rarely causes breakouts.