Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
confused by zinc issues Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have read on this forum (or maybe on ncn or essential day spa) that zinc sunscreen should not be mixed with cp's. Yet, I called SB customer service and they said there really is no issue with using them together, although it may affect pores. She didn't really specify what that meant. My issue is that I can't seem to find any decent makeup that doesn't contain zinc oxide sunscreen. So I now put my cp on at night (currently use ghk cream, moving up to skin signals) and my lacsal on in the morning. Problem with that routine is that I need to wait 30 minutes after applying the lacsal before applying anything else. Unfortunately, I am usually rushing in the AM, so I don't always wait that long. Ugh, I am so worried about breaking one of the many cp rules and winding up with a case of uglies!

One more question... are there any other ingredients that do not mix well with cp's? Vitamin C and zinc are the two I am aware of.

This is my current routine, please let me know if I am doing anything out of order or in wrong combination. Thank you!

AM
cleanse
lacsal (or vitamin c followed by cp accelerator)
two timing tightener
makeup

PM
cleanse (using sonicare or microfiber cloth)
skin signals cream

3 times each week: green tea followed by LED treatment (I've read that it helps to use a cp before the led treatment... is that true for skin signals cream? if so can I use both the ss and green tea as a pretreatment?)
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi,
I am new myself, but I did read from NCN and a few other random websites that zinc + copper is a no-no. Although this doesn't seem to be a problem for everyone, some users have reported enlarged pores when combining zinc oxide with copper. One known fact is that ORALLY zinc does affect absorption of copper, so I could imagine how they would interact with each other topically as well (JUST MY GUESS!!!)
The enlarged pores problem is associated with Zinc Sunscreens. Not the combination of Zinc and Copper.

The basic reason not to use topical Copper and topical Zinc at the same time. They compete for the same receptor sites in the skin.
Thank you for your replies. I guess I'll continue my hunt for a zinc free makeup.