Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Assistance please! Time to tackle my mouth lines... Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Prior to finding SB website I bought my products from NCN. At her suggestion I started on Skin Signals Cream one month ago. I did not have to dilute it or anything just started in right away. I was looking to just improve my overall skin tone so I could go without makeup and tighten things up after weight loss and it's done a great job coupled with her CP accelerator and TTT. Thanks to genetics and a wise dermatologist who gave me advice 27 years ago, I'm blessed today with good, thick, clear skin, with no scars and very few wrinkles even though I'm soon to be 47. BUT - the few wrinkles I have are vertical at the corners of my mouth and I would like to work on these. They don't need to disappear (although it would be nice!) but would love to reduce them. Should I just continue with SSC and see what happens or should I add a spot treatment to this area - and if so what product?

Thanks very much!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Tazz:

Thanks for posting! You could actually just continue to use your Skin Signals Cream in this area, but concentrate a bit more of it on those vertical lines. Or try a stronger copper-peptide as a spot treatment for this area.

See our Method for Softening Nasolabial Lines at: http://reverseskinaging.com/nasolabial.html

To reduce the appearance of deeper wrinkles or expressions lines the key is (1) a strong copper-peptide plus (2) an effective method of exfoliation.

For example, a person may want to use a light application of Super Cop 2X in the morning, very lightly on the vertical lines (massaging completely into the skin) / Then in the evening use either a microdermabrasion cloth, or LacSal Cream in the same area. When used consistently, very slowly those lines will begin to soften.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I currently use a microdermabrasion cloth, in fact I've use some type of manual exfoliation everyday since I was 20. I really think this is one reason why my skin has held up so well through the years!

So if I went with the Super Cop 2x for spot treatment can I use this at the same time with SSC that I currently use at night due to the blue tint or would I have to spot treat in the morning? Thankfully the lines don't run all the way to my nose - they are more like dimples that I never had before until I lost weight.....darn it all LOL! Thanks again!
Tazz, when do you use the CP accelerator and the TTT? What advice did your derm give you to where you have such great skin?
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Tazz:

Typically only one copper-peptide is necessary to use on one area at one particular time.

So use either Skin Signals Cream or Super Cop 2X - But no need to use both.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Hi Myka - I use the CP accelerator over Skin Signals Cream at night and use the TTT in the morning. I have always used a DMAE type serum but just switch to TTT when I started using skin signals.

As for the advice - I had a thyroid tumor at the age of 20 and the resulting hormone issues with it affected my skin very badly. Breakouts, dryness, peeling, redness, rash - you name it my skin went through it for about 2 years. I was referred to a dermatologist who gave me the following advice

Skin Do's and dont's:

1.Wash face everyday with Ivory soap
2.Keep hands and hair off face - never pick at anything
3.Do not use liquid makeup
4.Don't go to bed with makeup on
5.Use a satin pillowcase and change often
6.Keep skin routine simple - don't buy into gimicks
7.Wear suncreen everyday of your life but never to bed
8.Find a good Vitamin C serum and use it
9.Olive oil is the only moisturizer you need
10.Don't be afraid to exfoliate everyday

I've followed these for 27 years and have no crows feet, very slight NL folds when I smile, no 11 lines and no forehead lines - I easily look 10-15 years younger than the age of soon to be 47. Recently I really needed some tightening due to an 80 pound weight loss so I looked up my old dermatologist and he referred me to SB products and said I would get tightening results faster with them than anything he had. So far it's working!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Tazz, thanks so much for getting back to me! These are some great tips and I am printing them out. Can you share what you use to exfoliate your skin with?
Tazz:[quote]3.Do not use liquid makeup[/quote

Tazz:
So your dermatologist recommended creamy makeup over liquid?

Or did he mean that you should wear no foundation at all?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nicekitty123,
Hi Myka - I used a simple "buff puff" for years - one of those scratchy things you buy at drug stores - I didn't bear down just used it very gently. However about 5 or 6 years ago I switched to a microdermabrasion cloth. Have used several from many different sources but I really like the one NCN sells as it seems to hold up better than some. I have never used topical scrubs to exfoliate.

Nicekitty123 - I started using Mineral Makeup in the mid 80's. Bare Minerals was about the only company making it then. I've tried alot of them through the years: BM, Iredale, GLO, Pur, Colorscience, Loreal to name a few. I do have a couple of favorites but it's very individual on what works for a person. I like the coverage of GLO but because of the bismuth oxychloride it can make me itch if it's on too long so only use it for special occassions when I want to look nice...lol! I also liked Iredale but no one color they have matches my skin so I have to mix two colors together. However, the one I'm wearing now I really like - Mineral Hygienics - only 4 ingredients - stays all day long, doesn't cake. But I will warn the coverage is REALLy sheer - great for daytime or makeup minimalists - so when I want a little more coverage I apply a layer, wait about 10 minutes and apply another layer and it turns out perfect for me.

Dr. Pickart: I agree about sunscreen chemicals. But as a fair skin redhead I'll take the chemicals over the pain of a burn or giving up my outdoor activities anytime. I like Avalon Organics sunscreen. I also agree about Vitamin C orally. It's the foremost vitamin I push parents to give their kids. Unfortunately most kids I see are already sick and their parents are in the "get them better now" mindset - not the "what can I do to help them stay healthy" mindset.....sigh......
Tazz:
Thanks for responding. I have never tried mineral makeup, but I think I will. I don't usually wear foundation, unless my skin is going through a difficult stage with the skin remodeling. But sometimes I would like something light to wear even on days when my skin looks good, but I don't like the feel of liquid foundation on my skin.

I agree with you about the sunblock. There is no perfect solution right now. The un-micronized zinc and titanium are the best, but they are pasty, and so not very practical. Right now I am using SB suntan lotion on my face because there is very little sun where I live in the northeast; but this summer I will be using a chemical sunblock.

Why put the effort into caring for our skin only to have it be damaged by too much sun? Summer in the northeast is very short, and I don't want to give up my outdoor activities either.
Picture of stoney
Hi Tazz Smiler, I agree that mild physical exfoliation should be done daily. Also daily leave-on hydroxys are essential for those of us who have problems with keeping our pores clear...that would be me.... Embarrased

Kitty, Mineral Makeup is the way to go & it comes in many darker shades. You must try...Also you get an added layer of a natural sun blocker in most formulations.

As for Chemical Suncreens & Micronized zinc or titanium dioxide, the problem is with long-term usage.

So many people do not care about the 'toxic overload' that these type of sunscreens cause. Mostly because it doesn't happen overnight.

But when continually applying day in & day out, in time the toxic overload becomes real, leading to an unhealthy body & the predecessor to many chronic conditions & diseases. Couple that with other toxins entering the body on a daily basis from pesticides in our food, drinking water, chemical food additives, both indoor & outdoor air pollution, prescription Rx's, etc., then the chances of a toxic overload down the road become greater... Confused

I would just as soon avoid as many as possible, especially since there are alternative physical sun blockers that are safe & really quite effective. I have only used Day Cover & MMUP on my face over the last few yrs with great success. I am an avid gardener.

Sometimes I think it is a state of mind since chemical SSs have an SPF No. attached to them which is proven that anything over SPF 15 is unnecessary, but this gives people a misleading sense of security.
Thanks so much for replying, Tazz. Something else to add to my buy list now!

Stoney, for wrinkles, does one need the daily leave-on hydroxys, or just the microfiber cloth daily?
Stoney:
I also agree with you about the chemical sunblocks. But for people like me who have very active melanin cells, the summer sun can be a real problem, especially when skin remodeling or breakouts have left spots or areas of hyper pigmentation.

The pigmented areas absorb much more sun than the surrounding skin and achieving an even skin tone becomes almost impossible. Then, at the end of the summer, it's like starting all over again with repairing the skin and removing the excess pigment. Also, since most of the time I don't drive and have to do a lot of walking in the midday sun, I get a lot of sun exposure in the summer on a daily basis. Now, if I add sun exposure from weekend activities, my skin actually overdoses on UV rays.

Summers in the northeast are short, and I plan to use the chemical sunscreen on the hottest days. Last summer, I used the SB suntan lotion and it did not protect enough on the hot days. I ended up with hyper pigmentation my skin that was rolled and needled. I plan to take extra amounts of antioxidants and eat very healthfully in order to offset some of the damage from the sunscreen.

I am not impressed wirh spf--which refers only to the level of protection from UVB rays--but many people are. I want something that protects against UVA rays, which goes deeper into the skin, is present all day in the summer and cause pigmentation problems. Mexoryl and zinc oxide are the only ones that protect throughout the entire UVA spectrum.
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by Myka:
Thanks so much for replying, Tazz. Something else to add to my buy list now!

Stoney, for wrinkles, does one need the daily leave-on hydroxys, or just the microfiber cloth daily?

Myka, I think a combination of both physical & chemical exfoliation is the way to go. You may only need it once per day in an alternating type fashion. It all depends on your skin type & what it can handle...
Thank you, Stoney. I don't have sensitive skin but I do have red thread veins all over my face.