Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Wait 30 mins after lacsal? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have read in a few places on this forum that we must wait 30 mins after using lacsal before applying anything else. I usually use it in he AM and don't have that much time to wait before applying my makeup. I'm wondering what the reason is for this and if I should consider using it at night instead (I currently use my super ghk cream at night because I don't want to mix it with a sunscreen in the AM as I read zinc can cause problems with it).

Also - is it safe to use the lacsal everyday? What about around the eye area?

Thanks!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Some people use the AHAs and the CPs together and report good results. But AHAs work best at low pH and mixing them will reduce their actions.
Is it ok to wait longer than 30 minutes? I often wash my face, then apply the lacsal and it's sometimes an hour or longer before I am back to finish my morning makeup routine. Is waiting longer going to diminish the effects?
The 20-30 minute wait time is so the acids and CP's do not interfere with each other. After that time frame the leave on acids and CP's will not interfere with each other since the acids have been neutralized by the skin's own pH.

Most CP's if added sooner then the 20-30 minute time frame will raise the pH of the acids and reduce their effectiveness. First Generation GHK the opposite effect. The acids break down the GHK.

Annliz no you can wait as long as you want with no issues.