Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
giving it one last try before I give up Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have been using different skin biology products faithfully for the last two months. GHK, super cop, samples of the P&R collection, lacsal cream, emu oil, etc. I'll give anything a try. Im 58 yrs. old. Clear skin but getting fine lines around the mouth area and have age spots. Started using these products April 19th and really can't say I see any difference in my skin. Everything looks the same. Age spots, lines, all there and nothing is different. I just ordered Skin Signals which I haven't tried and the P&R with high retinol and the exfol cream. I hated spending the money but this will be the last order if I don't see any changes. Even slight changes would get me to keep trying. Through the years I've tried so many different products and I have to say my skin is aging anyway. Maybe it looks as good as it can but after I'm done with the skin biology products I'll just start buying the more inexpensive drug store brands and admit defeat. Maybe I'll need the extra money I'll save instead for a nice retirement home. LOL
Picture of Rossana
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Irene
You cant expect miracles in only two months, especially for things like age spots and lines.
Its just that skin rejuvenation takes time.
Have you tried also changing your life style? Skin products alone can only go so far.
Proper diet, supplements (check SB section to know exactly which supplements), physical activity, and stay away from stress and excessive sun.
In your shoes I'd keep up with SB products.
I would never go back to the worthless and useless cosmetic products out there..
Best wishes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by irene radel:
I have been using different skin biology products faithfully for the last two months. GHK, super cop, samples of the P&R collection, lacsal cream, emu oil, etc. I'll give anything a try. Im 58 yrs. old. Clear skin but getting fine lines around the mouth area and have age spots. Started using these products April 19th and really can't say I see any difference in my skin. Everything looks the same. Age spots, lines, all there and nothing is different. I just ordered Skin Signals which I haven't tried and the P&R with high retinol and the exfol cream. I hated spending the money but this will be the last order if I don't see any changes. Even slight changes would get me to keep trying. Through the years I've tried so many different products and I have to say my skin is aging anyway. Maybe it looks as good as it can but after I'm done with the skin biology products I'll just start buying the more inexpensive drug store brands and admit defeat. Maybe I'll need the extra money I'll save instead for a nice retirement home. LOL

There is no fast way to better skin.

But something should be happening to your skin. Often, damaged skin become somewhat like a hard shell. And buried skin damage complicates everything. Look at http://reverseskinaging.com/buried-skin-damage.html

To break up this "skin shell", you could also start using skin needle rollers. Perhaps 0.75 mm. Microdermabrasion cloths also help and so do strong hydroxy acids such as 30 to 40% acids.

Exercise greatly helps skin and actually makes your DNA produce a more "youthful" mix of proteins.

Supplements such as borage and/or flaxseed oil plus MSM also help skin rejuvenation.

Irene it took me close to 2 months before I saw definitive results.

After a month you won't see anything.

After two months you will think something might be happening.

After four months you won't think you will know.

Bw MaxxC
Thanks for your replies. Could you tell me what 30 to 40% hydroxy acids are? I heard about it on these posts. Is it something I can buy and do myself? Something I can pick up, name of a product? I've been trying the vitamins although I forget to take them (my fault). I never heard of needling. Is that just for scars? I picked up some microdermabrasion cloths also. I'm waiting for my skin signals and p&r with high retinol and am hoping to see something. Still hoping.
Irene vitamins that most frequently seem to be mentioned by Dr. Pickart are MSM and Vitamin C. If nothing else take those. Some, but not all, with Sulfa Allergies cannot take MSM.

The Acids that have been discussed are available from many online retailers. I think ebay has the widest variety and the best prices. Around $10 will get you at least a half dozen facial peels from a one ounce bottle.

If you've been using SB acids (Lacsal, Exfol, Lactic 10) you apply them the same way. The major difference is they need to be left on for a short period of time then neutralized. I just neutralize mine with cool (not cold) water for a few minutes.

The 30-40% for first time use are 35% Glycolic or 40% Lactic. NOT 30% SAlICYLIC which is much much stronger.

Unless you have sensitive skin you should be able to handle these. Try a small area that is not that noticable first. Just leave it on for 2-3 minutes then neutralize with water. If there is no issue then you can do the rest of the face. As your face adjusts you can gradually increase the length of time the acid stays on the skin

People use very different time tables for the frequency of application. I like about every two weeks. Some like it weekly and some twice weekly. Lots of variations.

If you decide to go this route just get one Lactic and one Glycolic. They both offer different types of benefits and it dosen't hurt to rotate Acids.

If you are unsure of self administering. There are plenty of Salons that offer peels. Which is usually the route I go. About $75-80 in my area but I've found they give me much better results then my home peels.

I think they would be very beneficial for what you are trying to achieve. Three of the major advantages are improving the look of firmer skin, evening skin tones and removing the appearance of discoloration. Right up your alley Smiler

BW Maxx

Irene I'm sorry I forgot one critical detail. All acids open up the skin to increased sun sensitivity. The stronger the exfoliation the higher the sensitivity risk. Even mild acids like those sold by Skin Biology increase Sun Sensitivity to some degree. All Acids do, it can't be avoided.

There is usually an increased sensitivity for about 14 days after the type of facial peel I recommended. Although TCA and some of the deeper peels may take even longer.

If you go through a series or even an individual peel. A good Sunblock is mandatory, especially in the Summer.

MaxxC
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
Irene it took me close to 2 months before I saw definitive results.

After a month you won't see anything.

After two months you will think something might be happening.

After four months you won't think you will know.

Bw MaxxC

Yes, I think 4 months is a good benchmark to start seeing noticeable results. I would NOT go looking for end results though if dealing with age reversal.

Skin should start to look tighter & depending on what you are trying to achieve & how badly your skin is damaged will determine your own individual timeframe & path.

All I know is that there is not a single drug store brand lotion or potion that is going to make a difference in age reversal. So using your CPs will slowly over time will bring real results. Healthy eating with fresh fruits & veggies & supplementing with Vit C, MSM, Omega 3's help the rebuilding to take place.

Reducing the look of marks/blemishes needs a more aggressive approach with stronger acids & skin needling and/or rollers.

Picture of Rossana
Irene, sometimes we also don't notice the results because we see our face all the time.
What I did was taking photos of my face the day before I started using CPs.
Now after 6 months I do not notice a difference in the mirror but if I compare the photos I do notice it (I am 28 and did not have wrinkles or age spots but my problem was constant extreme dry and irritated skin, so I can notice in the pics the difference in skin texture).

Thanks! I got my new products today. P&R with high retinol. Retinol w/squalane, exfol cream and skin signals. Now I'm wondering what to apply tonight before going to bed. Tomorrow I'll use the skin signals for daytime use. Tonight some exfol and then the retinol with squalane? Or exfol p&r and then the retinol w squalane? Any advice on the proper usage?
I think I'm interested in going to a spa for a peel. I saw their are lots of them I can purchase on ebay but maybe for the first time it's better to go where someone knows how to do it. I've never had one and think I'm ready to try it.
Picture of Rossana
I would use exfol, then wait 30 min and apply squalane. Acids at night / CPs during the day (or viceversa)

In your shoes I would try a very mild peel first. If you go to a spa chances are that they are going to go for a strong peel (to make it worth going there).

Exfol is only 2% acid so your skin is not really used to strong acids. I would go first with a 10% (eg LacSal) then 20% then 30% etc.

Thanks so much. I think I'll get a 20% peel from ebay for starters and then go up from there. I've been using the 10% lacsal and it didn't cause any irritation but I'll go up slowly.
Last night I applied the exfol, waited 30 min. and then applied p&r with retinol and then squalane w/retinol. Is that a good routine to follow at night? Didn't cause any irritation. Today I'll try the skin signals. Maybe I'll use the exfol first and then apply skin signals.
So many combinations to try. Maybe too many..
Great hearing all the tips. Thanks!
Picture of Rossana
quote:
Is that a good routine to follow at night? Didn't cause any irritation. Today I'll try the skin signals. Maybe I'll use the exfol first and then apply skin signals.
So many combinations to try. Maybe too many..
Great hearing all the tips. Thanks!

Yeah using both acids and CPs will result in the acids being more effective.

For the peels, one thing I did to save money was getting a 50% glycolic from platinumskincare.com. Its very strong and I only use it pure for spot treatment. For the whole face, I dilute it. First I diluted with ratio 1:4 acid:water, then 1:3, then 1:2 (it comes with a dropper so you can do that with precision). Thats where I am at now. That wont allow me to know exactly the % but I simply go very very slowly and only leave it on for few minutes, just removing as soon as it becomes uncomfortable (I have sensitive skin so I cant play too much with acids all over the face).
But the nice thing of this is that you only buy one acid and thats good for any strength you want.

Thanks, Rossana!
Irene I agree that it takes time for CP to work. I saw mine when I finished my bottle of 1oz CP serum. I found my jawline appeared firmer and tighten & lines around mouth was less noticeable. Strength of CP is another issue. I stepped into Skin Signal Solution (at that time I misunderstood that was weaker than Super CP). It turned out that my skin got worse again which now I supposed is due to the rejuvenation. It become a bit better when I used Super CP later.

Patience is the key in using CP. Now I returned to CP serum again and the result is just great.

Irene,

I used CPs and emu oil for 6 months with zero results for fine lines around the eyes.

I then added in exfoliation and within 2 months I started to see improvement. I initially used a mild buff puff, then switched to a microdermabasion cloth (felt gentler).

I later added exfol cream and skin signals and saw even better results.

My point is: exfoliation was critical to progress.
Hi Oskyzz. Are you talking about Crows feet or fine lines below the eyes?

The under eye area is my wife's skin rejuvenation project and I have no damage there, so no real experience improving that area.

Thanks, Maxx

Hi Maxx,

I was talking about the very beginning of mild crow's feet (dynamic only) plus some lines under the eyes. The mild crows feet reversed. The under eye area had some improvement, but less so because the skin there still needs tightening to remove the minor 'folds'. Having said this, no one looking at me casually would think I had this issue, I am catching it early -that whole ounce of prevention thing.

Big disclaimer (feel obligated, sorry): Of course we are not supposed to use exfol around the eyes, so I would avoid it, but that's up to your wife. I certainly never put exfol on the lids themselves, but I personally have no issue using it around the sides, e.g. the potential crows feet area. That's why I did the buff puff and the microdermabrasion cloth. I found lacsal too irritating to even the surrounding sensitive eye skin anyway. But I have had no issue with exfol - am just hesitant to mention it on the board given the cautions.

To continue, the 'minor crows feet' responded to CPs/exfoliation, but the under eye area didn't really respond at all until I did the skin signals CP, and Two timing tightener. Now I am hoping that adding the skin signals cream will help more - all those extra elastin fragments. But it has only been 3 weeks, so too early to judge results. Except I started adding the skin signals cream at night (it's so mild) and sometimes in the morning I do feel that area is tighter - so a good early skin. But this is just me of course...

Hi Irene,

Also, as corny as it sounds, wearing those frownies around the eye corners at bedtime every so often also helped. I think you can frown/squint in your sleep.

Plus the CPs themselves were absolutely the foundation of this. I think the RetinA did help my skin stay youthful over the years, but starting the CPs actually did some age reversal. Maybe my skin was 'tighter' from the retina and I needed the exfoliation to help the CP's penetrate....

If you add exfoliation on your face ie. do it every 3rd day for a week, every 2 days the next week and then every day. Plus be sure to back off if it gets red and just use emu oil. Its a marathon not a sprint, and you must be patient.