healthyskin.infopop.cc
Please convince me to carry on

This topic can be found at:
https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4570023352/m/8501049916

17 July 2011, 09:01 PM
smiling
Please convince me to carry on
Hi everyone, I use Super GHK, SS Cream and Lacsal. I started using the cps for skin tightening on the sides of the mouth. I have a few fine lines. I use the cps once a day and alternate each day between GHK and SS Cream. I use the Lacsal 2-3x a week. I have been using the cps for six and a half months. The first three months I used the products every other day. The last three and a half months, I started to use them every day with a day off each week. I am starting to see rough skin, bigger pores and lines that I never had before. The lines are only noticeable when they are magnified. But, they weren't there before. I just want to know if this could be considered damage being uncovered? Or am I actually hurting my skin? I wouldn't think this would happen with relatively mild cps. Please, could those that have experienced similar things give me some advice? I would really appreciate it. I ditched my vitamin c for cps. The only other thing I have been using is Retin A 0.05% 4-5 nights a week for two years. I think my skin looked better when I was using the Retin A and Vitamin C. I really want to continue, but my skin is starting to concern me. Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smiling,
18 July 2011, 05:00 AM
stoney
Hi Smiling Smiler, More than likely you are uncovering existing lines which were covered over & camouflaged by good skin. That is how it works - lines & wrinkles start unnoticeable deep in the dermis until one day when we are getting older they seem to just appear out of nowhere. More than likely you are in the midst of rejuvenating your skin.

You are using CP daily now, right?.... but are you alternating GHK Serum & Skin Signals Cream? And are you taking the supplements SB recommends - 1 g Vit C (vital)/ 1 g MSM/ 1 g Omega 3?

Other than that your routine looks very good. 9 months to 1 yr you should see a real difference. Took me about a year to rejuvenate under my eyes. Now I just maintain them.

Hope that Helps...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
19 July 2011, 03:48 PM
MaxxC
quote:
The lines are only noticeable when they are magnified. But, they weren't there before. I just want to know if this could be considered damage being uncovered?

Thats exactly what they are, buried damage. I had the same experience on the chin. They reminded me of Submarines the way they would just surface out of not where.

In my case if I remember right it was about 7-8 months in when the buried damage started to surface.

So Skin Biology is working for you exactly like it is suppose to work. Bringing the damage to the surface by supporting healthy new tissue.

20 July 2011, 05:41 AM
stillsearching
Maxx and Stoney, I am sorry for butting in, but when this happens, the damage being pushed up, do you continue to use the CP's daily, or do you back off and use them less frequently?
20 July 2011, 04:02 PM
MaxxC
quote:
but when this happens, the damage being pushed up, do you continue to use the CP's daily, or do you back off and use them less frequently?

Depends on how well one's psyche can handle the visible buried damage.

At times so much damage can be driven up that it is difficult to deal with mentally.

For me it has generally been use some stronger products, then back off to milder products and strong exfoliation to deal with old dead skin cells.

Personally I think the periods of backing off to milder products and giving the skin breaks is just as important as using stronger products to deal with scars. I just don't think constantly bombarding the skin with strong product is the way to go for blemish rejuvenation. Thats just my opinion.

20 July 2011, 08:02 PM
stillsearching
Thank you, Maxx. I like your way, so I will copy it!
20 July 2011, 10:01 PM
smiling
quote:

You are using CP daily now, right?.... but are you alternating GHK Serum & Skin Signals Cream? And are you taking the supplements SB recommends - 1 g Vit C (vital)/ 1 g MSM/ 1 g Omega 3?

Hi Stoney and MaxxC, thank you for the reassurance. Your explanations help me understand that this is part of the process. I guess you understand that some people get scared off easily by CPs. But, from reading many of your posts, I know the two of you are not faint-hearted. Hi Stoney, I do use the CPs daily. I use GHK one day and the SS Cream the next day. I make sure to use the Lacsal 3x a week. I also take the supplements you mentioned. Thanks again for the advice. I am definitely going to continue. It's an exciting and scary adventure, right? Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: smiling,
22 July 2011, 06:06 AM
MaxxC
quote:
Maxx. I like your way, so I will copy it!

Thats fine. But understand it is trademarked, so there will be royalty fees involved Smiler
22 July 2011, 10:10 AM
stillsearching
That made me LOL, Maxx! Smiler
23 July 2011, 06:38 AM
stoney
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
quote:
but when this happens, the damage being pushed up, do you continue to use the CP's daily, or do you back off and use them less frequently?

Depends on how well one's psyche can handle the visible buried damage.

At times so much damage can be driven up that it is difficult to deal with mentally.

For me it has generally been use some stronger products, then back off to milder products and strong exfoliation to deal with old dead skin cells.

Personally I think the periods of backing off to milder products and giving the skin breaks is just as important as using stronger products to deal with scars. I just don't think constantly bombarding the skin with strong product is the way to go for blemish rejuvenation. Thats just my opinion.

Ditto on this Maxx...

If you are noticing fines lines, then simply back off from CPs for a few days & use a BHO only. Then start up again with mild CPs once a day only -or- every other until the rejuvenation takes place... Eye area treat ONLY a couple of times a week.

Yes 7 - 8 months is about when my totally hidden damage began to reveal itself. The superficial damage was the 1st to go which I reduced the appearance of within the 1st 6 months.

After that you need to spot treat the most obvious spots that remain. This will prevent too much action from happening all at once.

23 July 2011, 07:40 AM
stillsearching
Stoney,

Just to clear this in my own mind, if I am not having problems, I can use the GHK (I am using the cream) daily. If I start having fine lines, etc show up, I back off and use only oils (and stronger acids at this time per Maxx), right?

Can I use any oil? What is a BHO? I have rosehip, and a few "mixed" oils, and a sample of squalane.
23 July 2011, 01:01 PM
Dr. Pickart
BHO means Biological Healthy Oil. That is, oils that are healthy for the skin.