Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Protect & Restore w/Retinol Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have been using regular P&R cream and have been very happy with the results after 3 months. Now that I've come to the end of the tube, I want something with a little more "oomph" but don't want to go too strong. I haven't had any uglies or awkward stages and prefer to keep it that way.

I was thinking about going to the P&R with high retinol, since my skin is pretty dry. But I've read on other forums that retinoids can cause dark spots - which happens to be another one of my problems that I have been treating with TCA peels along with the copper peptides. The spots are not gone, but much lighter than before, and I don't want to lose ground on that.

So my question is - will the P&R with retinol cause my brown spots to darken? I would use it at night only.

If so, I guess I will go to Skin Signals cream, but prefer to go kind of slow and avoid any uglies.

Thanks in advance for your help and Dr. P, thanks for the best product I've ever used on my skin!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lianeb,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear lianeb:

We're so happy to hear that you are loving the products!

You should continue to see good results, since the retinol in Protect & Restore High Retinol acts as an additional lipid replenisher for very dry skin and should not cause darker areas to become darker.

In fact, many clients have used P&R High Retinol to help even out skin discoloration.

So you can feel confident in using P&R as a great stepping stone to Skin Signals Cream.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology