Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
my skin is peeling. Is this okay? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I have been trying different skin biology products. Currently I am using some samples of the p&r group. I've been using p&r with high retinol and never noticed any skin irritation. I would put it on in the morning and evening. I also use lacsal. Sometimes I apply lacsal at night with a little super cop lightly over it or emu oil. But these last couple weeks in the morning I have been applying P&R with the retinol. It seemed like it would be all I needed for the day. My skin never felt dry from it and my skin is usually dry and not oily. I have retinol cream but find it very drying on my face so I don't use that much. I like the lacsal cream too. Now these last few days I have been finding the skin on my face looks like it's peeling. Is this a good sign or not? Has anyone experienced this happening? I just checked it at work and had to apply moisturizer around my mouth cause it doesn't look nice. Is this okay?
Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello Irene,

It sounds like you are working your skin a little too quickly. I would recommend that you give your skin a rest for 3 days. Just cleanse your skin and apply a very light amount of Emu Oil S for Skin. It is a light biological oil that works well as a moisturizer. In a few days you can continue to use it by applying lightly on top of copper-peptides to increase efficacy, or use very lightly around the eyes at night.

quote:
I just checked it at work and had to apply moisturizer around my mouth cause it doesn't look nice.

Also, it sounds like it would be a good idea for you to invest in a microfibre cleansing cloth. It helps exfoliate the dead skin cells.

Remember that for skin rejuvenation the key is to use copper-peptides consistently and follow with some method of exfoliation. Those are the two key components of skin repair. When you use either the LacSal Cream/Serum or Exfol Cream/Serum to help exfoliate dead skin cells, you wait 20 - 30 minutes before applying anything on top for them to work correctly. The Super Cop is best for spot treating or for diminishing the appearance of scars, blemishes, stretchmarks, and the look of hypo/hyperpigmentation.

Please feel free to call us at our customer service line at 1-800-405-1912 or email us for a personal skin consultation.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,