Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What shall I do with my eyes? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi Dr.Pickart, SB, friends,

I've started using CPs just over a couple of months ago. I started with the Super GHK and moved up to the CP Serum.

The products are absolutely wonderful on my face - my skin has cleared up, my pores are shrinking and the skin has a glow.

My issue is with my eyes. I started out using the Super GHK once a day lightly. Within ten days, I noticed many more fine lines and wrinkles under my eye than I had before I started the GHK. Also, my dark circles had increased in intensity.

I decided to back off and according to the advice on the board, just used emu oil and TTT.

Its been more than 3 weeks now, and there has been little improvement in the eye area Frowner I am not sure if I should restart the products around the eye or just continue with the emu oil.

I do have the CP Night eyes premier as well - should I start using that? If so, how often should I do that? Am a little worried about my eye area, but love the CPs on my face!

Please advice.
Picture of stoney
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi salz, the area under the eyes is very thin & delicate, so it requires extra gentle care & takes longer to adjust to CPs.

You can resume GHK or start Night Eyes Prem once a day every other day. But apply it very lightly on top of Emu Oil for awhile. This will slow the uptake as your eye area acclimates. Then after a few weeks, try applying CPs 1st then Emu slowly moving to once a day.
Picture of celiavalerie
What Stoney said. Also, I haven't tried this personally but there is a testimonial up on the BND cream in which someone had a positive experience with the eye area. It is really gentle and I like using it on my thighs so maybe it's worth a try. Bad dark circles run in my family so I'll give it a shot (I have yet to put an order on a Night Eyes so maybe it'll save me a little :P)
Hi Salz,

I have the same problem. I have been using SB
products for over three years now, but I could never apply any of the creams AT NIGHT ( not even the mildest) past the orbital bone without
getting wrinkles and very sore, swollen and inflamed skin.

My humble suggestion to you is: Try to apply
Night Eyes Premier during the day and not too close to your upper or lower lids. I find that
works for me.

I have been trying to find an explantion for this strange night intolerance and I think it may have something to do with the involuntary things we do during sleep, i. e. rubbing our eyes and thereby getting some of the creams
too close to the rim of the eyes which would
undoubtedly cause an irritation, no matter
what creams you use.

Anyway, for what it is worth, it won't do
any further harm to try it........and - as Stoney mentioned - start by applying only every
other day for a while until your eyes are back to normal.
Hi, many years ago I had a series of glycolic peels which seemed to make the under eye area on one side appear more wrinkled. My dermatologist told me to use cold compresses with milk three times a day until the area improved. I was working so I couldn't even do it more than about twice a day but this really seemed to help. Milk is lactic acid so it is mild and would not hurt.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by celiavalerie:
What Stoney said. Also, I haven't tried this personally but there is a testimonial up on the BND cream in which someone had a positive experience with the eye area. It is really gentle and I like using it on my thighs so maybe it's worth a try. Bad dark circles run in my family so I'll give it a shot (I have yet to put an order on a Night Eyes so maybe it'll save me a little :P)

BND Cream was actually made for a nursing mother who requested a mild cream for soothing nipple irritations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Hi Stoney, celiavalerie, shlauberger, erika and Dr. Pickart! Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

I will definitely start with the CPs again, and probably alternative days. It was just a little disappointing to see the effect they had around the eyes - when the rest of my face was responding so positively. I am just scared that the damage doesnt become worse and not correct itself.

Shlauberger, I will try and not touch the lids - my upper lid is fine, its just below the eye, that I can see lots of fine lines and intensified dark circles.

Erika, the milk compress bit I have heard of too - will give it a shot.

Hope my eyes improve Frowner its a little scary to see so many lines suddenly.
Picture of celiavalerie
Salz-

Keep us posted! I added the BND to my eye area last night irritation-free. I'll see how this continues. I'm VERY tolerant of the exfoliating acids but Lactic 10 doesn't bother me in LIGHT amounts applied VERY carefully beforehand.
Picture of celiavalerie
Update for BND on my eyes: Now that it's been a few days I've changed back to exfol for my face and am very lightly using it on my dark circles. As of today I can definitively see that my circles are going from black to brown. Definitely appeared to have lightened and with no irritation. Should be a long haul with the genetic and insomnia-granted circles but hey I'll take a lighter brown over "it looks like your eyeliner ran" black circles. Since it spreads so well anyway it's a MUST to keep it in the fridge for eye use...I certainly would not want to over do-it. I just dip my pinky in, not even coating it. I make small dabs then smooth it in (like concealer).

Hi celia - I've been trying the alternate days CP Night eyes (in the morning) with a little emu oil beforehand. I have also been lightly applying the lacsal under the eyes in the night, followed by a little emu oil after 30 minutes (lacsal seems a little drying under the eyes).

So far, and I don't know if its my imagination Smiler, but it seems to be working!

The number of lines under my eyes seems reduced and the depth appeared reduced. Unless i scrunch my eyes, I don't see the lines too clearly - whereas this was not the case earlier.

I am hoping with consistent use, I will be rid of the appearance of dark circles and the fine lines. Keeping fingers crossed! Smiler

That said, it looks like my forehead lines reduced (using CP serum and spot treatment with Super Cop 2X). I am also happy to state that I have stopped getting the odd pimple I used to, and have reduced whiteheads around my nose - Yay!

Picture of celiavalerie
Yay Salz- Very glad to hear it Smiler Keep up the good work. I haven't used LacSal too much but I know Dr. P feels exfol is probably the best exfoliant for it. Try the exfol there and see if that helps get rid of any irritating feeling. If not, hey it's whatever works. A little irritation sometimes indicates that it's working. But I just think Exfol might be safer in the eye area. Best of luck on your continued success!