Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
GHK Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Has anyone gone back to using GHK after using the strong cp's for months? It seems in the last 4-5 months my skin just isn't looking as good and wondered if I'd be better off staying with the GHk instead of my ss cream. I really like the way the cream moisturizes. My skin is definately Not radiant.

I started out a year ago on the mild then graduated up to the ss solution and then the cream. And I have given my skin breaks but I just don't like the looks. I only use cp's for aging and not imperfections.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear healthy1:

There are some great suggestions found throughout the forum, but hopefully clients will post their more recent experiences under this new thread that you've started.

We've noticed that although many clients do better with the stronger products (stronger does not always mean better), some actually notice improved results when returning to a simple regimen using only Super GHK-Copper.

Notice Dr. Pickart's post to a client who hadn't noticed much of the "glow" so many other clients rave about - See: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...910072094#2910072094

Dr. Pickart stated that "Super GHK-Copper might work better for your skin. Some people can get good results from a heavy use of the copper peptides. Others stick to a very light use and do well." Then he emphasized that remodeling the skin is a process that takes time and patience.

Please try some of the suggestions and check back in within a few weeks with how your skin is doing.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
I also began CPs just over a year ago for aging skin but struck the same situation as you at the 10th month and decided to change my routine. I did not find moisturising benefits with the SS Cream but do with the GHK Cream.
Now I use SS Serum followed by GHK Cream and TTT in the morning; most nights I alternate between Exfol, Lacsal or Lactic Power10 followed by Emu Oil.
One night during the week I use Tri Reduction with Emu Oil and on another night (not consecutive) I use SC2x with Emu Oil to attack my aging skin! I have a day off during the week when I use just Emu Oil, Vit E oil (from a capsule) or a regular moisturiser and my skin is now aglow again!
Picture of Skin Biology
Thanks for posting your comments HeatherRV.

Sometimes it's only when you adjust your regimen that you hit on the right combination that will work for you.

We're glad to hear that you're skin is glowing!

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
quote:
Has anyone gone back to using GHK after using the strong cp's for months?

I started experimenting with GHK last Summer. I'm working on Scar reduction so stronger products are required. But GHK has been the one constant in my routine. It just seems to give the skin a radiant glow. The second thing I noticed is it seems to give the face that round youthful look.

Also a great product when we need to back off or slow things down.

As SB wrote its all about finding the right routine for you.
Thanks for the input,it seems that cp's are tricky. In the post by the Dr.P it said that after awhile as you skin thickens from using GHK you would need to move up to something stronger. So with that thinking it would seem like the GHK wouldn't be as helpful. I think I think too much!
quote:
In the post by the Dr.P it said that after awhile as you skin thickens from using GHK you would need to move up to something stronger. So with that thinking it would seem like the GHK wouldn't be as helpful. I think I think too much!

I'd have to see the context to evaluate that. I have seen SB, SBT and Dr. Pickart recommend starting with or backing down to GHK if someones skin is not handling 2nd gen CP's. Then as the skin adapts to go to stronger CP's for removing scars, stretch marks etc or for quicker results.

But I have not seen anything to indicate that user will need to move to 2nd gens because the GHK will become ineffective.

I'm not sure of their current Routines. But within the last year Stoney has reported using some GHK in her Routine, Skin Biology Team has reported that she uses GhK in her Routine as well as both her Sisters. Dr. Pickart has reported GHK use for himself in the form of Skin Signals Cream and his wife had/has GHK of some type in her Routine.

These were all posts within the last year or so I don't think we reach the point where GHK is not useful.

All those I mentioned use 2nd gens but I think they are finding some additional benefits by adding some GHK into their routine.
I've been using cp's for a year now, so if nothing improves I'll probably move on. I'm thinking maybe it's just not for me. I don't have the glow that everyone speaks about. I was using Clientele and my skin looked better with that but I had a horrible t-zone. I'll wait and see.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by healthy1:
Thanks for the input,it seems that cp's are tricky. In the post by the Dr.P it said that after awhile as you skin thickens from using GHK you would need to move up to something stronger. So with that thinking it would seem like the GHK wouldn't be as helpful. I think I think too much!

When the skin barrier is damaged, you become very sensitive to many skin products which penetrate the skin too easily. GHK will rebuild the skin barrier. Then you can use the stronger CPs without irritation.
Picture of nanakomaki
I have been using CPs for 1 year and half...I started from P&R with retinol morning & night, then GHK with skin signal serum in the morning & tri-red with skin signal serum mixed in the evening.

Since I didn't see that much improvement for a while or rather might possibly look worse than before, I totally stopped using the mixture, and started using GHK (Maxx recommended) only in the morning...

I think GHK helped me to improve the most for sagging upper eye lids (and of course my face in general)...

Now GHK bottle is gone...and I got Skin Signal cream today, so will see how it's gonna work. Wink

When I asked a question about GHK to Skin Bio rep, I was told as don't underestimate it! It is very versatile and effective! I totally agree! Thumbs UP!
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Thank you Nanakomaki,

We appreciate your feedback. It is very true. The GHK gives amazing results. It is often all that is needed.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team
Picture of stoney
quote:

Healthy1, I too have gone back to MILD CPs & GHK for the Summer. I have been dealing with a more aggressive approach for over 3 yrs. using stronger CPs to deal with a tremendous amount of breakout-related buried damage. My experience has always been, if I don't back down at some point then my skin remains in a state of turmoil as NEW damage surfaces from the use of stronger CPs. You need to allow the remodeling to catch up. Of course, I have always pushed it time & time again, but learned that you can only go so far.

My routine for the Summer - I have gone to using CPs ONCE A DAY ONLY... Alternating CP Serum/ GHK Serum & Skin Signals Sol in the AM followed by Day Cover. In the PM I am using LacSal or Exfol followed by a little Emu Oil. Still doing a 7 – 10 day 10% SA Peel for 3 min to help keep my pores clear & keep my skin cells turning over. That's it...

And my skin is responding favorably... Thumbs UP! ...CPs Once a day ONLY is KEY.

When using stronger CPs regularly twice a day (even with breaks), I think it becomes necessary to back down to milder products (less frequently) even if you are only after anti-aging. Everyone's STRONG will be a little different. That is why I think alternating is the best approach no matter what your situation – scars or just anti-aging or like me = BOTH... Red Face ...Mild CPs once a day should reset your clock for a better response.

Also healthy1, you may try going back to P&R Classic or High Retinol. Both are very effective & often overlooked as the original skin beautifiers. May be all you need for the Summer. You can alternate Super GHK a couple of times a week if you'd like the benefits of both gen CPs. Make sure you are using an exfoliant as well, at least a few times a week.

Nanakomaki & Heather both have very good approaches... Smiler...backing down to MILD & alternating is what I suggest since I believe you will gain the most by using both gen CPs.

Thank you Stoney this is very helpful and I will be backing down.

I think my main problem is that I was started out too strong of a cp. It was from another company (which is good) but it should have been GHK from reading so many posts. I think sometimes we mess with our skin too much hurting the outer layer. So I'm going back to the mild and see what happens.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: healthy1,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear healthy1:

Please keep in touch along the way! We know things should get better for you soon.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Oh, don't worry I'm not going anywhere...lol.
Dr. Pickart, I am curious to get your thoughts on the alternating of the different CP's. Why do people seem to get good results when alternating the products? Do you have any thoughts on why this is the case?
Picture of stoney
quote:
Thank you Stoney this is very helpful and I will be backing down.

I think my main problem is that I was started out too strong of a cp. It was from another company (which is good) but it should have been GHK from reading so many posts. I think sometimes we mess with our skin too much hurting the outer layer. So I'm going back to the mild and see what happens.

Healthy1, What other product were you using from another co? Do you mean a non-SB product or an SB product purchased from another source?

Stillsearching, Alternating 1st & 2nd gen CPs allows you to receive benefits of both. GHK stimulates Type I Collagen, SRCPs - Type III.

Alternating is better than layering since it will give you a better effect of each individual product. When they are layered, they are diluted since the skin only has a limited number of receptors. Skin Signals Cream is a combo of both plus collagen & elastin fragments, so it is more a of a maintenance cream.

Alternating "strong & mild products" is also very beneficial when trying to remodel skin. Using strong CPs consistently for scar reduction without breaks can overload the receptors diminshing their response. You need breaks to reset the start button. Also, it depends what you are trying to acheive with your skin. If you have scars, then overusing strong CPs will keep the damage pushing up at a greater rate than it can be degraded with needling, hydroxys & physical abrasion...so you need to slow the process down so it does not become overwhelming.... the balancing act.

If after anti-aging only, then there really is no need for stronger CPs other than an occasional spot treating of a deep wrinkle or expression line.

One more twist in the whole thing...if you have buried blemish-related damage, there may come a point that you will want to keep it that way - BURIED....referring to the deeper levels... (my dilema Red Face )... You will have to stay away from strong CPs using milder products only to avoid the hidden damage from surfacing.

With CPs the general rule of thumb is "less is more & stronger doesn't necessarily mean better".

Are you dizzy yet?... Laughing

Thank you, Stoney. I wasn't sure if there was anything more to it than just to get the benefit of both. I just started the alternating after reading about it here, so I'll see how that goes for me. Another question, for the spot treating of deep wrinkles, can you apply the stronger (talking like Trireduction here) on top of the mild CP, or do you need to stick to the strong CP on the spot only?
Picture of stoney
Yes SS, spot treating a few times a week with Tri-Red is perfect for expression lines. And yes you can apply on top of a milder CP that you are using all over your face.
Stoney, I was using the cp serum from another company that sells SB products. It's where I first learned about cp's. From all the reading I've done here I should have started out with GHK. That's my plan now is to take it easy and pay attention to my skin.