Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Removing fine lines and wrinkles Login/Join

Picture of Di
posted   Report This Post  
I have dry skin so I was wondering which would be the best acid to use for fine lines and a few wrinkles. I have a Lactic Power 10 sample and some Exfol Cream, I dont use the Exfol Cream, only on breakouts if I get any. Would one work better than the other for fine lines and Wrinkles? I have never tried Lacsal Cream, would that work for dry skin that's can be a little sensitive for wrinkles and fine lines. I have just started using a little TriReduction in those areas also a few days a week. I have been using Lactic Power 10 about once a week. I was just wondering if one acid would work better than the other.

Thank you Smiler
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hello Di,

You will find that all of our creams are gentle and safe even for sensitive skin. The creams are especially good for someone with dry skin.

Here is Dr. Pickart's answer on comparing all of our hydroxy acid exfoliating options:

quote:
Exfol Cream has 2% salicylic acid and is designed for tough blemishes. It is good for maintaining pore appearance.

LacSal Cream has 1.5% salicylic acid and 8.5% lactic acid and is designed for both tough blemishes and exfoliating more superficial skin layers.

Lactic Power 10 has 10% lactic acid. It is designed for the outer skin. It is similar to our old Glycolic-8 which everyone loved but was later discontinued.

The pH of the products is set at 3.4.

I too have sensitive skin and am quite dry especially this time of year. I use one of our exfoliants every night. It is important to apply the cream and leave on for 20 - 30 minutes with nothing else on top to keep the pH at the 3.4%. I often apply one of our Biological Oils on top after the 20 - 30 minutes if I feel I need more moisture.

I find that my skin is less dry when I exfoliate dead skin cells.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Di
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you SkinBio Team,
I guess I just need to exfoliate more often, with the Lactic Power 10. I know everyone uses their acids more often than I do. I get spider viens on my cheeks and I don't know if it would cause more or not. I'll just try not to use it too often in those areas.

Thank you very much!