Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What am I doing wrong? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
My skin is such a problem child. It's congested more then I've ever seen on any other human. I have blackheads on top of blackheads, everywhere. This started 6 yrs ago. In my efforts to get rid of them I now have leathery wrinkled cheeks chin forehead. I've tried many peels. A tca will clear it for 5 days then they all come back. I tried a series of 55% lactic which didn't help at all. When I cleanse my skin it is very oily with wide open poors for days which makes my wrinkles and everything else look all bad. I've tried the oil cleansing method and that didn't work. If I don't cleanse poors are smaller but the blackheads are still there making my face look really dirty.
I cleansed last night and this morning and so today I'm hiding. I used MUAC's tea tree palmagrant cleanser. I believe it's ph balanced. Normally I just cleanse maybe every third day because todo more mean super oily skin with wide open poors.
I was hoping copper peptides would help with congestion, maybe with time???

My routine
Am: rinse then super cp and night eyes
Pm: lacsal then super cp2x spot treat on wrinkles
If I cleanse it's usually at night.
I'm trying to remember supplements C, msm, and flaxseed. Not super consistantly.
Any ideas what might help? Thankyou for any suggestions.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I am so sorry you are dealing with this! My daughter has some blackhead issues and the Clarisonic with the Deep Pore Cleansing brush has worked great for her. As for a cleanser, i use the rhassoul clay from ncn skincare and love it. She also sells one with charcoal in it for blemish-prone skin. It sounds like cleansing with something too harsh makes you more oily, but both these soaps are quite gentle. Perhaps someone else can comment on using the copper products since i only use them for wrinkles, not blemishes. Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Thankyou weluvnik, I have been considering the clarisonic but worried it would be to harsh. How often does your daughter need to use it to keep her poors clear?
I always seem to get a few on my nose and chin but then I got 3 refirme treatments and now they are everywhere and not showing signs of leavingFrowner
Has the cp helped you with wrinkles?
She uses hers every evening, as do I. I use the normal brush and she uses the deep pore brush. The mia is the cheapest model but it works great! I am very happy with the cps so far. Its a slow process, but i figure its worth the effort! I use skin signals cream and lacsal and TTT. Speaking of the lacsal, does that help your blackheads? Salicylic acid is supposed to be good for unplugging pores. My kids both use salicylic acids for their blackheads, but theirs is not as heavy as the lacsal (they use salicylic pads and a lightweight lotion).
I'm going to google the Mia, ty for the suggestion! I was hoping the lacsal would help but I've only been using it for about three weeks. Last week my skin was looking really good, better then it had in quite some time, so I was really hopeful that lacsal was the solution. I only use about 3 drops for my entire face, maybe I need to use more? I heard salicylic acid was drying so I've been afraid to use it,, I haven't found lacsal to be drying at all yay!
I'm glad you are liking your cps! I keep wishing I found them soonerSmiler
I use more than 3 drops of the lacsal and havent found it to be drying at all. In fact i think
Lactic acid is considered moisturizing. So maybe you could try increasing the amount. Do you use the serum or the cream?

If you get the mia, i think you will like it! But they probably have a money back promise if you dont. Another, cheaper option i have seen suggested many times is to use a microfiber cloth.
Picture of Skin Biology
quote:
Originally posted by Smellycats:
I have blackheads on top of blackheads, everywhere.

Dear Smellycats:

Other side note tip: Be sure you are applying very light amounts of any topical product

Also, try to stick with serum (oil-free) versions of the products. Everyone's skin is so different. So what some have done is by process of elimination, try to remove heavier products and see how their skin responds.

So you may want to try (for a week) just using Super CP Serum in the morning and LacSal Serum in the evening. See if the pore size looks like it reduces a bit or if at least there are less blackheads.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

Hi Smelly Cats

I have found these products to work for my blackheads and my blemishes are slowly diminishing

10% benz-perixide wash (Oxyclean brand) to kill the bacteria
LacSal serum
14% Glycolic pads (the brand is Alpha Hydroxy purchased at Ulta or online at Ulta)
Sebum be gone
Super CP Serum
Dr. Pickard's cleanser
Clairisonic cleanser AND/OR spa cloth (you can order this online, google search it)

The AHA/BHAs need to be left on without anything afterwards to interfere. The blemish clogs slowly are surfacing and with the exfoliants and BP cleanser I hope to see them go away in about 1 month. Here's my order lately and I've experienced smoother skin and less blackheads

Evening:
Benz Peroxide cleanser with spa cloth OR Clarisonic.
LacSal
eye creme (i'm using a SB brand)

Morning:
Glycolic pads as soon as you wake up, then wait about 30 min.
Cleanse with Dr. Pickart cleanser with gentle scrubbing with a wash cloth or lightly with Spa Cloth
Super CP Serum
Sebum be Gone

I have chest, upper back and neck breakouts so extending this procedure to these areas have helped.

The main ingredient is PATIENCE!!! This is a very slow process!

Thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions. I wanted to report back that I decided to go with a 2% bha and have used for a few weeks with few breaks and I have seen enough progress that I may go back to just using lacsal. My skin is starting to look much healthier and texture and pores are smoothing.
Im wondering if it is okay to layer the cp2x over the 2% salisilic acid (when i use it) for a few spots???

Today I'm in love with the copper peptides. Its slow going but I am getting real results not cosmetic band aids.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
You can layer the products but the effect may be stronger. But if your skin is not irritated, then it should be fine.