Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dermarolling for eye area? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I'd like to ask Dr. Pickard/Skin Biology or anyone else that has good information, about dermarolling.

I'm thinking about starting using a dermaoller and I have read mostly positive comments from Skin Biology.

BUT what about dermarolling on the around-the-eyes area? Same advice there? Or is there a risk using it for the eye area considering the skin is so thin and sensitive there? There are dermrollers for sales specifically for the eye area, but some say you shouldn't use more then 0.3 m.m. while elsewhere I have seen recommendations using the same needle length as the rest of the face, even 1.5 - 2mm for this sensitive area. (including Youtube videos)

Also Skin biology is recommending CP serum to use with a dermaroller. I only have Skin Signals, P&R and CP Ultimate Eye Cream at home. Will any of those do or are they too strong? And does the recommendation regarding CP Serum apply only immediately after/before needling, not during the rest of the week? Can one use stronger products then?

Thanks!!!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear kristos282:

Thanks for posting - Perhaps others will post their experiences.

But over the years we have learned that it is especially vital to go slow with copper-peptides in areas where the skin naturally is more sensitive due to being very thin.

Since the thinnest skin on the body (0.03 mm on the eyelids) is found around-the-eye area, we would recommend using only a mild copper-peptide specifically formulated for this area (i.e. CP Ultimate Eyes).

Generally your natural loss of dead skin cells is sufficient in this area; not much exfoliation should be necessary.

So using a needling device in an area where the skin is already very thin is probably not recommended.

If you need to break down damage (or accelerate your skin cell turnover rate) you might find that a little bit of Exfol Cream (2% hydroxy acid) used 2-3 times a week would be more than sufficient.

On general facial areas where the skin is thicker clients seem to be having good results using the .5mm needling devices.

You'll want to review the information found at: Use of Skin Needling and Skin Rollers While Using Copper-Peptides

Depending on what a person is trying to accomplish, and their own individual skin's sensitivity, some clients have decided to use copper-peptides + skin rolling in three separate ways:

(1) Before they use the skin needling device
(2) Very lightly after they use the skin needling device
(3) Or they use copper-peptides on the days they do not use the skin needling device.

Typically we recommend using milder copper-peptides when skin needling, such as:
GHK-Copper Serum (mild)
Regular CP Serum (strong)
Super CP Serum (very strong --- best to dilute)

With skin needling creating better "inroads" for optimal penetration of copper peptides, we've found milder products are easier to use than very strong ones and generate similar results.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Thanks for the answer!

Yeah, that makes alot of sense...

Two questions though:

1) Why do you only recommed serums? Is Skin Signals Cream not possible to use? Or P&R? Also I have Skin Signals solution, does that work?

2) Is the recommendations of products to use with needling only regarding THE DAY OF THE NEEDLING? I mean if you use dermaroller once a week. Then the days between the needlingn days, you can use other products?

(By the way I just experienced a big improvemet in my eye area when starting with Skin Signals cream so I don't need needling there now anyways - I will write about my experience in another post)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kristos282,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear kristos282:

Great to hear you've had such a great improvement in the eye area using Skin Signals!

We'd be happy to answer your questions:

1. Serums or Creams with Needling?
Many of the dermatologists, estheticians, and other professionals who use our products along with skin needling prefer the use of oil-free serums in conjunction with skin needling sessions.

You can definitely use a cream, but an oil-free light serum penetrates well and can be easily diluted to moderate strength.

The benefit of being able to easily dilute a serum down to control strength seems to be very important when using a needling device. You'll want to start slowly and remember the key to success: Less is More.

If you only have creams (or if you prefer the use of creams) they are absolutely fine to use. But be sure to use a mild cream.

If you have Skin Signals Solution (Strength Rating 7), you may want to dilute it with a bit of water before using along with skin needling device.

Remember the skin should not not become excessively irritated, red, burning or intensely itchy. Starting with a very mild product ensures that you have success with copper peptides and avoid overuse.

2. Needling Recommendations

Yes. The above recommendations were only for the day of use. On the other days you can continue your regular copper peptide and mild hydroxy acid regimen as normal.

Then on the actual day of needling (perhaps once a week, or once a month, depending on your needle length/area etc), you can choose to A] applying a very mild copper peptide before needling, B] apply a very mild copper peptide immediately after needling, or C] skip your copper peptides that day entirely.

Please keep in touch and post back your results.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Thank alot! I think I know what to do know.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear kristos282:

Great! Please let us all know how things turn out for you.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology