Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Skin Signals Cream Login/Join

Picture of Di
posted   Report This Post  
Is it okay to use Skin Signals Cream lightly 2 times a day morning and night or would that be too much?
Thank you Smiler
Di
Picture of SkinBioTeam
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Di,

Using Skin Signals Cream 2x's daily should not be a problem. Please remember that for improved results with your Skin Signals Cream a good method of exfoliation is an important step. If you are using an exfoliator, you need to wait 20-30 minutes before applying anything else on top.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team
Picture of Di
The reason I was asking is because I'm just a little afraid to use too much exfoliation. My skin can be a little sensitive at times in the cheek area so I thought it might be best to exfoliate with Lactic Power 10 only 2 times a week, so I thought that I might have to exfoliate at night then the next morning use the Skin Signals Cream then that night I would want to use the Skin Signals Cream again so I would be using it two times a day at times when I use the Lactic Power 10. Sorry, I hope I'm not too confusing Confused?.

I guess I could try exfoliation more often. I want the best results I can get from the Skin Signals Cream. Then I also have the problem of using my sunscreen that has 4% zinc and I'm not sure if that would cause a problem with the SS cream either.

Thank you for the help Smiler
Di
Di FWIW a few years back I tried daily 2% Sal/10% Lactic. I could never go for more then a couple of days before irritation set in.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hi Di,

You know what your skin can handle better then anyone. Some only use an exfoliator every other evening. If you use the Skin Signals Cream on the nights you are not exfoliating, that would be a fantastic combination.

Let us know how you do.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team
Picture of Di
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
Di FWIW a few years back I tried daily 2% Sal/10% Lactic. I could never go for more then a couple of days before irritation set in.

So Maxx, Is your skin stronger now since using cps? Are you able to handle acids more often now?
Picture of Di
quote:
Originally posted by SkinBioTeam:
Hi Di,

You know what your skin can handle better then anyone. Some only use an exfoliator every other evening. If you use the Skin Signals Cream on the nights you are not exfoliating, that would be a fantastic combination.

Let us know how you do.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

Thank you SkinBio Team Smiler

I probably wouldn't have a problem with using an exfoliant every other evening if I don't do the cheek area that often.
Yes, my skin definitely has adapted to stronger acids and CP's over time.

Almost always on the professional peels, did a 50% Lactic with 0.6 ph and an accelerator.

When I started the peels (October) my skin would get red and be a touch pink the next day. It was also a little tough sleeping the first night with the irritation and burning.

By the end (April) she left the acids on longer till red. Within a few hours the skin was not even pink, by that night I couldn't even tell anything was done.

CP's were the same way. I would say about 2-3 months into CP's I couldn't use the Trireduction and especially the Super Cop without irritation.

At first when SPOT TREATING I could only leave the Super Cop on about 30-40 minutes before washing it off due to the irritation. I can now do the WHOLE FACE with Super Cop 2X usually 3-4 days in a row till irritation sets in.
Picture of Di
That's great how you have built up your skin to handle the stronger acids with SRCPs. Maybe I wouldn't be as sensitive as I think I am now.

And you don't worry about having enough UV protection after a peel like that. Smiler

I guess I have this sunscreen protection drilled into my head. Laughing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Di,