Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
general question about the uglies Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi all,
I have some general questions about a bad case of the uglies. I have been using the SB products for a while now, mainly the GHK serum, plus exfol cream at night. I haven't managed to successfully move up to anything stronger, and even with the GHK once every second day, and resting for a week, my skin is still much looser, wrinkled, and the pores seem larger and the skin more coarse. As I have said, I've tried resting the skin, but I was actually wondering if maybe I should just push a bit harder for two weeks and see if the 'uglies' go away. Are different skin types more prone to the uglie? I am 41, have fair freckly skin and grew up in country Australia (lots of horseriding and outdoor work) so my skin has taken a beating over the first 15 years of my life. I'm thinking of having my face resurfaced if there isn't any improvement soon, but I'd prefer not to. I don't mind pushing through this (hopefully) transition stage - can anyone tell me how long it took them to get through this stage? Are the pores and wrinkles and coarse looking skin going to go away with long-term use of the SB products?
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I should also say that I tried using the emu oil but got a bad reaction (rash/hives) so I can't use that product (my husband loves it though). I also manually exfoliate using a microfibre cloth, and take vitamin C, flaxseed oil and MSM daily. Thanks for your help, guys Smiler
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Going slow is still best.

One problem is that as skin rejuvenates, it will push older skin to the surface before it is shed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,