Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Do I need to use an exfoliant more often? Login/Join

Picture of Di
posted   Report This Post  
I haven't used any exfoliants on my face for most of the summer. I was trying not to make my skin too sensitive to the sun so 4 days ago I did use a little Lactic Power 10, because my skin seems to be getting rough and the fine lines are showing up more now. How often should I be using the Lactic Power 10? I think I do get a little red if I use it too often in the upper cheek area near my nose and that is where it's rough feeling.

Anyway I'm planning a trip to the coast in 3 weeks and I don't want my skin overly sensitive to the sun. I will wear a physical sunscreen, but I do burn easily. So when should I stop using the Lactic Power 10 before being in the sun? Would a week be enough time or should I wait two weeks. I just feel I really need something for this rough feeling skin now. Eeker

Thank you Smiler
Di

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Di,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Di what I have read is that exfoliation usually increases Sun Sensitivity for around 14 days. I'm not sure what type of exfoliation they are referring to because I suspect something like a TCA would increase sensitivity far beyond the 14 days.

Before my vacation I stopped all exfoliation 2 weeks ahead of time. I figured on vacation who cares, do I want to impress people I'll never see again and don't even know or protect the skin.

BW Maxx
Picture of Di
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thank you Maxx. Smiler

I'll give it at least two weeks for sure then.

Di Smiler