Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Wrinkle Reduction & Facial Care    Lips care: any benefit in using exfoliators on the lips (along with CPs)?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lips care: any benefit in using exfoliators on the lips (along with CPs)? Login/Join

Picture of Rossana
posted   Report This Post  
I do not have particular problems with my lips but I use twice a day CPs to maintain their current look over time. Typically I use once a day Protect&Restore with retinol and once a day Trireduction.

I was thinking, however, if it can be beneficial to use LacSal or Lactic Power once a day on the lips. Are there any studies or reported experiences on this?
Thanks!!

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Rossana:

Interesting question. Others might chime in with their experiences, but for the most part the majority of clients using products on the lips find the natural loss of dead skin cells in this area to be sufficient on its own.

But you may want to review the thread at: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...390030223#9390030223

Excessive methods of abrasion/exfoliation in the lip area can cause dryness and chapped lips.

To accelerate skin cell turnover in this area, perhaps you can try a gentle method of abrasion such as a microdermabrasion cloth.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
I've also seen Flannel shirt material recommended for the lips. I don't exfoliate the lips. But in the Winter if they get Dry I use either Einsteins lip therapy or even better and cheaper Bepanthen. Bepanthen is actually a diaper rash ointment made by Bayer in the United Kingdom but its great for Chapped dry lips. That one got a raised eyebrow from the Mrs. when it showed up in the mail Smiler

Maxx
Picture of Rossana
Thank you for the suggestions!! very interesting! Smiler

Life is too short to remove USB safely!
I regularly apply my Lactic Power 10 on my lips, usually after cp to push. Sometimes alone. I'll do it several times a week, although mostly my dead lip layers come off with my wet cloth and some gentle scrubbing. I don't recommend any strong acids, tho...I experimented once with a toner that I had made with DMAE and lactic acid that I had bought from a cosmetic supply house, and the acid % was too high. Tingled, didn't burn, but they were tight and tough like leather for a couple of days, and even tasted different, like a tinny taste to them...kind of metallic.