Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Glycolic acid tips/questions Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I am trying to get some more information on Glycolic acid. I want to use LacSal, but I want to find a strong Glycolic acid to use maybe once a week or every two weeks.

Do Glycolic acid peels/exfoliate cause the skin to peel like TCA peels? I want to find a good % peel that would help loosen the top layers of skin a little stronger then lacsal but not cause the skin to turn over like a bad sunburn. I see concentrations ranging from 10-70% so there's a huge window -.-

Would it even cause peeling or would the skin loosen and wash off after 24-48 hours. My understanding on the acid is it only penetrates the very top most layers of skin.
Picture of Skin Biology
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Dear Tatsumaki:

Thanks for posting your question.

Some over the counter glycolic acid products are designed as a leave-on exfoliator and should not really cause actual peeling. Depending on the percentage of the acid used though, it can be applied as an chemical peel.

Be sure to review our pages at:
Chemical Peel Skin Recovery with Copper-Peptides at: http://reverseskinaging.com/postprocedure.html

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
Ok so I am guessing a 8-12% glycolic moisturizer would be good. I found a decent one on amazon but it has Hyaluronic Acid. SB doesn't think highly of Hyaluronic Acid but would a small amount hurt the skin? Isn't it found naturally in the skin? Also if I were to get a higher concentration glycolic (say 35%) and added a drop or two into my moisturizer before applying would that dilute the glycolic enough to leave on?
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello Tatsumaki,

In this thread Dr. Pickart explains what hyaluronic acid is and what it does to the skin. I think you will appreciate it as it will help you to make a decision based on science. It is commendable that you are taking the time to research what you are putting on your skin.

https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...750084653#2750084653

quote:
Hyaluronic acid (scientifically named "hyaluronan") is a sugar-like molecule that can bind huge amount of water (1000-fold of its own weight).

When applied to the surface of human skin, it feels smooth and sensuous but will slowly wets the skin's outer protective proteins and damages the skin barrier. It does not help skin health.

Injectable form of hyaluronic acid are sold as "not-from-animals" but they are from pathogenic bacteria. The FDA warns that the material contain small amounts of bacterial protein and this can produce allergic responses in time.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Ah ok. Well that cream is ruled out. I remembered reading about hyaluronic acic and noticed it in the ingredients and wasn't sure if it was alright. I wasn't looking for a product with it; it just happened to be in the product. =( Does SB ever plan to release a glycolic efoliator? I understand it is in the same category acid as lactic, but penetrates a little deeper which can help cell turn over. I am guessing this would be especially true if used with a copper peptide.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Tatsumaki:

Years ago we did carry a topical exfoliator containing glycolic acid, but since then have moved over to beta-hydroxy acid salicylic acid or alpha-hydroxy acid lactic acid.

If clients choose to use glycolic acid along with copper-peptides products that is fine. The two do work very well together.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology