Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Wrinkle Reduction & Facial Care    FIRST TIME USER - confused after consultation today--- PRETTY PLEASE?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FIRST TIME USER - confused after consultation today--- PRETTY PLEASE? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi,

I spoke with one of the CSR's today but it only further confused me. Can someone break this down for me? Here is me and areas I would like to use the SB products (if I just knew "which ones") I'm a first time user pretty much.

FACE: Normal skin type; fine lines under eyes when I smile; currently use a GHK-Cu 20 minute mask once per week (bought off another forum; have had no issues with this mask)

STOMACH: very poor skin quality even after tummy tuck procedure -- stretching back out again in fact; inelastic; would love firming up

TUMMY TUCK SCAR: just bought the Scar Reduction Trial Kit last night so guess I will use those products for it?

Please...can someone just tell me what to use for my face and stomach!? And also, once I know this beginning regimen, about how long til I move up to the next potent step? Please help... I am begging.

Thank you,
emily

This message has been edited. Last edited by: emily100,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You should leave a message for skin biology..you can email them or call them during the day.
I sent an email to Dr. Pickart...his email address is on the site...it took him a few days but he responded with a detailed letter helping me.
Not sure you read the first part....I called them already. Was trying to get someone else's response. Thanks though. I'll figure it out. I just ordered some stuff today. Not sure if I got what I really needed, but oh well. Will make do...
yeah..it is a lot of information and a lot to choose from. Just navigate through the site ..but it take time...I've been using cp's for almost three months..and I'm just now sort of getting it! Smiler If I were you...I'd look under "skin conditions" and choose from the suggested products.
I also think that "Product Guide" which is third down the list under "PRODUCTS" helps with showing the strength of the cp's..very helpful.
Have you noticed any difference yet? Did you start out with lower concentration CP's and if so, when do you anticipate moving up in concentration, summer rose?
If you call and speak to one of the 2 ladies they will spend the time you need. They spent alot of time with me. Cp's take a while to see results and go slowly.
Picture of stoney
Emily, So what products did SB suggest you use on your face? ... Smiler

To answers your question about how long before moving up in CP strength?... It all depends on your skin type, the condition of your skin and how easily your skin acclimates to CPs. Some people do not ever have to use anything stronger than CP Serum.

Yes, CP Serum is a good place to start for most. But, if you have a very sensitive skin type - alternating P&R Cream or Skin Signals Cream with Exfol Cream as the exfoliator would be a good start.

There is no one "cookie cutter" answer to your question as there are a variety of choices.

But the one thing for sure, for everyone, is to start out slowly using milder CPs, then worry about whether you need to step it up once you give CPs a chance.

The biggest problem that I see over & over, is that many feel they need to use the stronger products to get results. This is just not so...

The stronger CPs are "workhorses" & catalysts for reducing the appearance of serious blemishes, stretch marks and the look of deep wrinkles and not really meant to be used as daily beauty products.

Just start out slow before determining your next step... Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Well, I was told not to use the serums due to my skin being "normal" (and only very occasionally being considered MAYBE a little dry). I was told the serums would dry me out, so I guess I can never use any of the serums like everyone else seems to do? So I will be using the following (and this is what I kinda came up with after reading the forum on here):

GENERAL FACE CARE: Protect & Restore High Retinol and LacSal or Exfol; Skin Signals Creme for my eyes (I am also needling every 3 weeks w/ 1.0mm dermaroller, using Retin-A here and there. Every few days, I will use Vitamin C (my own 10% mixture w/ the Vitamin C crystals I bought from another forum. I know I cannot use the Vit C and CPs together though.); manual exfoliation w/ dermabrasion cloth I just purchased too.

TUMMY ELASTICITY: Skin Signals Creme and maybe eventually building up to using it along w/ a 2nd gen SRCP

OVERALL BODY (namely chest and thighs: P&R Body Lotion w/ occasional LacSal exfoliation (??) -- will dermaroll those areas w/ 1.5mm

TUMMY TUCK SCAR: using the LacSal/Exol w/ the CPs in the Scar Reduction Kit (I think it's Super CP Serum and Super Cop 2x??)

So that's the plan, Stan! .....I mean, Stoney Smiler Hope it works as I just shelled out a good bit of money.

Thanks for responding!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: emily100,
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Good Morning Emily100,

Please accept our apologies for not responding sooner. I am sorry you are feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the information! There is a lot to absorb and as Stoney say's,
quote:
There is no one "cookie cutter" answer to your question as there are a variety of choices.

But the one thing for sure, for everyone, is to start out slowly using milder CPs, then worry about whether you need to step it up once you give CPs a chance.

As far as whether to use a cream or a serum, this is our general advice:

Serums vs Creams

1. Generally Serums work best for combination to oily skin and creams for drier skin areas as they are "oil free". The creams work better for more mature skin or dryer skin. The creams contain natural skin lipids so you don't have to apply any moisture on top.
2. The Serums tend to go further and you can add a "biological oil" (Like Emu Oil for Skin or Squalane) to the top for moisture if needed. Very little is needed, so it goes a long way.

Your regime looks good. I will send you a private email now so check in your "private messages" on the forum.

For the scar on your tummy, this is how you would treat it:

AM Use:
AM - After cleansing the area, apply a light amount of Super CP Serum (which contains a strong concentration of SRCPs that can be used very lightly once a day). This should just barely cover the area without leaving the skin excessively wet or damp.

PM Use:
PM - After cleansing the area, apply a light amount of Exfol Cream or LacSal Serum (hydroxy acid product that helps exfoliate dead skin cells). Wait about 20-30 minutes before you apply anything on top.

For spot treating scars on back/chest/shoulders/stomach, etc: Use - Extra Strength as a spot treatment once or twice a day. Use very lightly. Test on a small area first.

Investing in a microdermabrasion cloth or skin scrub to effectively increase the skin cell turnover rate has helped many of our clients to see even better results from the SRCPs work on the skin. Remember to use all methods of exfoliation in a gentle way so as not to cause excessive irritation.

Best Wishes
~The skinBio Team

Emily...to reply to you question as to if I see any results after three months? yes...but it took time...often, I thought it wasn't working. My skin did look a little worse for the first few months..not horrible or bad..I think hyper-pigmentation was getting darker. But I looked at it as a sign the cp's were working.

The reason I know it is working for a fact; is that a white mole on my face that has always been there now appears diminished. I was sort of used to it.I've done tons of peels and laser treatments and it has never budged.

At the 8 week mark..I started noticing my skin just looked younger...it is more bright...the sag around my jaw is greatly improved. My NL lines appear filled in. The changes happen slow and random. It is not like uniform changes. It is a very interesting experience.

Just a week or so ago I upgraded from cp serum to skin signals cream and serum. I've also started using PR on my body. I'm really interested to see what it will do.

So, get your program together and just stick with it...read the forums and listen to those who are successful with cp's ...so many give up because they work in a different way than mainstream cosmetics..you have to approach them in a different way..

Good Luck.

Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by summer rose:
So, get your program together and just stick with it...read the forums and listen to those who are successful with cp's ...so many give up because they work in a different way than mainstream cosmetics..you have to approach them in a different way..

Good Luck.

Good advice SummerRose... Thumbs UP!...and glad to hear you are noticing some nice progress with your skin. It is gradual, but when it happens it happens BIG... Big Grin...the KEY is to keep at without getting carried away by overdoing products and PATIENCE, of course.

Yes, It can be slow... but this is virtually rejuvenating your skin vs. quick fix skin illusions & band-aids which are more like 2 steps forward & 3 steps back... Confused...not the best place to be.

The idea is to get ahead, no matter how long it takes then stay there...one step ahead of the game!

Awesome, summer rose! Seems you interchange b/w creams and serums without issue. That is good. I've been told to stick with creams, but guess it's just what one's skin accepts. Thanks to all who have responded. Just got the email that my products have shipped! yayy
quote:
Well, I was told not to use the serums due to my skin being "normal" (and only very occasionally being considered MAYBE a little dry). I was told the serums would dry me out, so I guess I can never use any of the serums like everyone else seems to do? So I will be using the following (and this is what I kinda came up with after reading the forum on here)

Emily I've never read any posts about the Serums drying skin out although everyone reacts different. I tend to Oily skin year round but found P&R with Retinol to be one of my favorites in cooler months. Its for Dry to Very dry skin so for all practical purposes would be the last Skin Biology product to use for my skin. So keep an open mind and experiment.

Summer Rose gives a very good description. The statement about the White mole reminds me of something I have come to realize only recently after 13 months of use.

Hard to explain but briefly I don't think there are any acids, lasers or plastic surgery techniques that could have got me to this point.
yeah, I am thinking I might should have gotten P&R classic, since I am "normal" more than anything else. OH well. Guess I will just get it when I reorder. How long does a bottle last on average? How long in b/w your orders?
quote:
How long in b/w your orders?

I rotate products so not really sure. Long time though.

With the Serums I did keep track for a couple of months and found I was using slightly less then 1ml per application to cover both face and neck. Based on that over 120 applications per 4 ounce bottle.

The only Cream I have used on a consistent basis and kept track was the 4 ounce Trireduction which I use to cover complete body from base of neck down to feet. Total body. I get about 20 applications per bottle.

I apply both products right after the shower. It really helps the product spread easier and really saves on product.
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by MaxxC:
Emily I've never read any posts about the Serums drying skin out although everyone reacts different.

I have never heard of Serums drying out the skin either, Maxx?... Confused?... I think this may have been misunderstood - meaning that if you have normal-to-dry skin you will want to apply a biological oil on top of a CP serum to moisturize the skin such as Emu or Squalane.

If you choose a cream though it is more moisturizing when used alone. More of an all in one product.

Emily, I think that P&R High Retinol is the PERFECT start for your normal-to-dry skin. After a month or 2 you may want to move up to alternating CP Serum & Skin Signals Cream (milder than Skin Signals Solution & GHK-based)

There is a lot of confusion surrounding Skin Signals Solution & Skin Signals Cream in that the Solution is 2nd generation CP-based & the Cream 1st generation GHK-based.

Perhaps the name on SSC should be changed since it is NOT just the Cream version of the "original SS Solution"? This may help to avoid some of the confusion... SSC is more sensitive to hydroxys which can breakdown GHK and a milder product than SSS.

They are similar, but very different CPs...

It makes me feel good that I can follow along with y'all now....that I seem to be understanding the products. All that you said below I had come to discover just by reading your posts over and over and over on different topics so you are right in that it does start clicking --- but gosh, in the beginning it's very overwhelming to a newbie. Might even make some think, "the heck w/ it....too confusing."

As far as cream vs serum, need to find a recent email exchange I had w/ one of the SB reps. She definitely said someone like me needs to stick with cremes only. However, she did mention I was free to try whatever I wanted, of course, b/c the products react differently on diff people. But overall, I am to stick with creams for best results.

totally agree about SSS and SSC. Confusing. Also on the SSS, the description on the SB website mentions it contains both 1st and 2nd generation? Is that so? I was under the assumption from my forum reading marathons, that SSS was 2nd generation only. I might be misunderstanding something though.

My scar reduction kit came last night. yayy! I used the LacSal serum (probably a no-no since serum) on my face too. And I did something "bad". My regular skin care products will not arrive til Monday or Tuesday. Since I used the exfoliator last night, I gave into the temptation of putting Super CP serum from the scar kit on my FACE! I put a few diluted drops (boy that stuff is watery!) on my face about 10 mins ago. I couldn't stop myself. Smiler As soon as the P&R gets here, I will use that and will refrain on the others for now. I was just so anxious to try it though. Smiler Shame on me.

Ok, well thanks to both of you once again! Crossing my fingers on all of this.
Picture of Dr. Pickart
We did confuse many people with the Skin Signals products. These products are experimental as we look for ways to improve the copper peptide products and wait for feedback from our clients.

Skin Signals Solution is a mixture of copper peptides from collagen, elastin, and soy protein. The feedback from our clients has been very positive on this product.

Skin Signals Cream is a mixture of copper peptides from collagen, elastin, and gly-his-lys (GHK). This is my personal favorite among our products.
I think this is the bottom line concerning Skin Signals Solution and Skin Signals Cream and Dr. Pickart can clarify anything that is incorrect:

I) The PRIMARY copper peptide in both the Skin Signals Solution and Skin Signals Cream is Second generation Copper peptide. The Soy derivative based copper peptide.

II) Both contain Collagen and Elastin Fragments.

III) Skin Signals Solution contains NO first generation copper peptides. ONLY the second generation soy based copper peptides.

http://store.reverseskinaging....asp?ProductCode=1800

IV) Skin Signals Cream contains SOME first generation Copper Peptides. But the primary Copper Peptide is still the Soy based Second generation.

http://store.reverseskinaging....asp?ProductCode=5600

V) Both rejuvenate but Skin Signals Solution is the stronger of the two.

Compare the ingredient list of both. Correct Dr. Pickart?

Picture of stoney
Well, there she be...Thanks for posting Maxx!... Smiler

Skin Signals Cream Ingredient list does show 2nd gen Copper Peptides - (hydrolyzed soy protein and copper chloride), as the PRIMARY CP with GHK further down the list.

My misunderstanding, I suppose?... Confused?...thought it was GHK-based with added collagen & elastins for tightening.

So perhaps, the GHK is still fragile to hydroxys even with a WAIT, but the more resilient 2nd gen SRCPs are holding up & working the CP magic.

The real question is - is the GHK holding up when using hydroxys at the same time -or- are 2nd gen CPs doing the CP work when used 25 min after hydroxys?

I will have to rethink my "wait time" theory?...fairly certain NOW that using hydroxys on the opposite end of the day would be better.

Oh what tangled webs we weave???... Confused?