Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Eyes getting worse Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi there,

I've been using CP Serum and CP Night Eyes for about two weeks (maybe a little over 2 weeks) in order to try and rejuvenate the eye area. Now I've noticed it's getting a lot worse and I have twice as many lines as before.

At first I was using CP Serum along with Night Eyes, and I have read that overuse can lead to this.

I use a Glycolic cream at night.

I'm now scared that this is irreversible and I'll be stuck with this looseness and more lines.

Would it be safe to have a chemical peel in this area? And is there anything I can do to reverse this?

Many thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi Ella. No its reversible you simply over did. Here are the instructions for Night eyes:

http://store.reverseskinaging....s.asp?ProductCode=26

Notice that the product is only recommended for once per day application. Since you are just beginning if you are applying twice per day or layering one CP on top of another that is a problem.

Second issue. CP serum is way to strong for someone new to eye rejuvenating. Some can never use the product around the eyes because of the strength.

Then I see you are using a Glycolic cream. That is a lot for such a sensitive area. For exfoliation you can use something like Exfol or Lacsal under the eyes once or twice per week. Nothing stronger and no more often then twice per week.

If you haven't already done so just stop all CP's for 4-5 days and let the skin under the eyes recover then just start back much slower.

Rejuvenation is a Marathon not a Sprint.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
Picture of stoney
quote:
Originally posted by ella_disenchanted:

Would it be safe to have a chemical peel in this area? And is there anything I can do to reverse this?

No, you don't not want to do a chemical peel on the fragile eye area. Along the crows feet area is okay (if skin is acclimated) but never under or over your eyes.

The skin is thin & mild products are required.

As Maxx suggest - back off for a few days, then start up again a little milder & slower.

You will be amazed at the results using this approach!... Thumbs UP!
Thanks all! I'll lay off the CPs for a couple of days and then go with a small about of Night Eyes only. At first I was using a bit much so I've cut down on product use dramatically. I guess it's because I don't feel anything when I put it on that it becomes easy to use too much.

I had a chemical peel once on this area - the clinic I went to peeled my whole face, under eyes included. I hope it gets better!

Is Glycolic cream stronger then Exfol/Lacsal? I use it every night...is this too much?

Thanks so much for your advice here!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
It depends on the strength and pH of your glycolic.
Hi, this is what worked for me after glycolic peels irritated my under eye area on one side and what I was told by the doctor who was doing the peels. Make a compress of milk and apply under the eye. Do this for a few minutes a couple of times a day. It is very mild and will soothe the area. Good luck!