Skin Biology    healthyskin.infopop.cc    SKIN BIOLOGY OFFICIAL CHAT FORUM | Free Skin Consultation 1-800-405-1912  Hop To Forum Categories  Products  Hop To Forums  Wrinkle Reduction & Facial Care    Help with CP/TTT and LacSal routine - can use with Vit C serum?

Moderators: Rosy

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Help with CP/TTT and LacSal routine - can use with Vit C serum? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hi - I just bought the Super GHK Copper Cream, the Two Timing Tightener, and the LacSal cream. I would like to know when to apply each, and how to fit them into my current routine.

Right now, my simple routine is:

AM:
-cleanse with Cetaphil cleanser and exfoliate with microfiber cloth
- apply Vitamin C serum
- SPF with Zinc Oxide

PM:
- cleanse with Cetaphil cleanser
- apply Skin Signals cream (can't use it around my eyes; that's why I'm trying the Super GHK Cream instead)
- moisturize (variety of products/oils)

From reading other posts, it looks like I should use the GHK cream in the AM with the TTT on top; and the LacSal in the evening. Can I use Vit C serum with the GHK and TTT, and in what order should I use them? Is Zinc Oxide okay with the GHK and TTT in the morning?

Thanks for any advice!!
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Can I use Vit C serum with the GHK and TTT, and in what order should I use them? Is Zinc Oxide okay with the GHK and TTT in the morning?

In lab tests Copper Peptides tend to damage Vitamin C topical. In real life many say it is not a problem. Still I would think it best to separate GHK and Vitamin C into AM and PM.

Zinc Oxide and Copper Peptides compete for receptor sites in the skin. Titanium Dioxide would be better since it does not compete for sites.

GHK in AM with TTT on top and Lacsal in evening looks good.
Thank you for the reply MaxxC!

Because of the issues with Copper Peptides with Vitamin C (possibly) and with Zinc Oxide, can I do the LacSal in the morning with my Vit C and SPF; and then the GHK cream and TTT in the evening? Will the zinc oxide still interfere with Copper Peptides if I apply them at different times? I've tried a lot of sunscreens and really like the one I have now, so I would rather not switch it unless I have to - lol.
Wow good questions Smiler

I don't know if their would be any interaction with Topical Zinc and Topical Vitamin C. I did not find any doing a brief search. I would check with the Vitamin C manufacturer.

If there is no interaction make sure to wait 20 minutes minimum before applying the Vitamin C. By then the Lacsal has been neutralized. No possible conflicts that way.

If you wash the A.M. zinc off before applying the PM Copper Peptides then there would not be an issue.

With the TTT if applied in the Evening before bed. You would get the benefits of the DMAE since its cumulative. But not the second part, Pepha Tight, which gives the instant tightening effect.
Thanks again MaxxC. I appreciate your help!

So for the morning, you would suggest the LacSal first, before the Vitamin C, or does the order not matter?

Also - can the TTT be used 2x per day? You had a good point about not having the benefit of the instant tightening if I use the TTT at night with my CP's.
Your welcome.

Lacsal first for now. Vitamin C I believe stays in the skin for about 10-12 hours. Lacsal acid component only 20-30 minutes top. No possible interactions that way.

I say for "now" since Skin Biology did some test with compatibility between CP's and Vitamin C. They may have experimented with Vitamin C and mild acids and found no problem. May give them a call.
Thats interesting. I did a word search on TTT twice per day. Found only two answers and one was mine LOL.

Apparently I used it twice per day for a short period to combat a horrible case of the "uglies" when experimenting with SC2X and DPL.

But the correct answer is only once per day: https://healthyskin.infopop.cc/...911050926#2911050926
You're awesome, thanks! Big Grin
Hi jennifer - I use the exact same products and had the exact same questions when I started a month ago! I didn't want to change my sunscreen either, so this is now my routine:

AM

Cleanse
Lacsal/vit c (I alternate them every other day)
TTT
Sunscreen

PM

Cleanse
Super GHK cream
CP accelerator (a moisturizer I buy elsewhere)

It seems to be working, although I am almost out of my GHK cream and am contemplating stepping up to an scrp. A little nervous about doing so though!

Penny Smiler
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Your system looks good.
My routine currently includes Skin Signals Cream every evening with every other night applied over retin-a. AM is LacSal, TTT, CE Ferulic and a few other things in my arsenal. It is my understanding that the vitamin C serum is applied first with a wait time of 20-30 minutes followed by LacSal and another 20-30 minute wait before applying anything else. I have read on many Derm sites that when using AHA's/BHA's and Vit C serum at the same time of the day, it is always the C that goes on first with the proper wait time followed by the exfoliant.