Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Help - overdid it with super cop on my inner arms Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I'm 56 and my inner arms look awful. I'm at a good weight and have pretty toned arms. I started using super cop off and on at the beginning of this (2012) year in that area. I didn't realize that it was supposed to be diluted and I used it straight and liberally on the inner arms only. I probably used it 3-4 times a week!!!!! (not sure where the directions were...) Anyway, now my upper/inner arms look like I'm a 100yr old woman. Saggy/crepey skin. I have also used vitamin c there and have lac sal which I probably didn't use often enough. I hate to think I'm going to be stuck in 3/4 sleeves the rest of my life. Any suggestions to help?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
We only have your order from June 13, 2009 for 1 oz of Super CP Serum and LacSal Cream.

We have no other orders and none for Super Cop.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dr. Pickart,
That is what I am using. When I first got it I really didn't use it much. It's only been since January of this year that I really tried to use it as a regimen. Is it too old - is that the problem?
I'm not at home so I mixed up the Super cop and Super CP - what is the difference?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Too much copper peptide product is the main cause of problems especially on thin skin. If started slowly, yourskin will adjust and thicken.

Your skin may be trying the "shed" its outer layers of older, damaged skin.

Generally, we say not to use copper peptides together with vitamin C.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hello booboo,

Super Cop is cream based and is at a strength level of 14. It is one of our strongest products.

Super CP Serum is not a cream, it is a solution or serum. It's strength level is 8, so it is potent, but not too strong. We always recommend starting out slowly and working your way up. The exfoliation is key as it helps to slough off the dry damaged creepy skin. This video helps to explain the correlation between hydroxy acids and copper peptides.

However, it is best to use the vitamin C and copper peptides at different times of day as Dr. Pickart usually recommends.

Here is a link to our website for the general care of the skin on your body: Care for Your Body

Best Wishes,
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SkinBiologyWebmaster,
So are you saying to try to exfoliate it hoping it tightens up? What about using renova or tazarac? I didnt use the vit c at the same time as the super cp.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
The exfoliation helps your skin move. As we age the cell turnover slows down. Dr. Pickart put it very well above:

quote:
Your skin may be trying the "shed" its outer layers of older, damaged skin.

I have found that the simple exfoliating gloves in the shower once or twice a week and using an exfoliant as mentioned above helps a lot with both my arms and legs. Our exfoliants are "leave on" creams that actually feel quite nice.

We have several: Exfol Cream, LacSal Cream and Lactic Power 10

As far as moving to the retin a, that is a question you can always ask your physician.

Enjoy your weekend.
~The SkinBio Team