Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Folligen cream Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Why is this cream blue? I put it on my eyebrows at night and it just stays blue. Should I be rubbin it in? I put it on with a mascara brush I cleaned up.
Picture of oskyz
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Yes, rub it in. You just need a tiny bit. Also, no mascara wand needed - you aren't treating the eyebrows but the roots.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Yes healthy1. You want to massage it in for 10 seconds or so. You only need a small amount. With all of our products, less is better.

We have a video on how to use Folligen for Eyebrows and Eyelashes at this link: Eyebrows and Eyelashes.

Best Wishes
~The SkinBio Team

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,
I'm kind of afraid to put it on the lash line. I'm used to using a serum where you swipe in on the roots with a brush. I notice my eyebrows tingle a bit. The video didn't come up.
Picture of SkinBioTeam
Hi Heatlhy1,

You can find it on Youtube as well at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAg4D4WeyFg. If your computer won't open to that link, you can cut and paste and add it to your address bar in your browser.

You don't want to put it directly on the lash line! You apply a very small amount. So small that you don't see the blue and then massage it in very gently. Thank you for your question. I appreciate the chance to help you with correct application of to your eyelashes.

Keep Smiling
~The SkinBio Team
Can anyone explain how to apply a thin layer of emu oil for hair after folligen on my the base of my eyelashes. Does it not get in your eyes and affect the ablility to put on mascara. And also should i apply the folligen on my lashes morning and/or night . thanks
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear Annieg:

Yes, this is a challenge for the eyelash area. And that is because the oil will tend to expand or run and it is very easy to end up getting some in the eyes.

1. What has worked for many is first applying the product in the evening on freshly cleansed skin. We would not recommend trying to apply Emu Oil during the day or before makeup. The makeup will not adhere properly and mascara will run.

Although using waterproof mascara will help, it's better to cut back on use of mascara during the time you are trying to use Folligen for Your Eyelashes, especially since overuse of mascara may have caused some of the issue in the first place.

So see if you can take 3-4 weeks off of mascara use (or only for special occasions) and give the Folligen/Emu Oil a good attempt by strictly using it in the evening very lightly that would be ideal.

2. The second tip/trick to apply Folligen and Emu Oil is to first apply Folligen very lightly and wait sufficient time for it to penetrate. Be sure you are using an extremely light amount of the product. Folligen must not be applied heavily to the eyelash base. Once it has completely penetrated, you may even choose to wait some hours after, then lightly apply Emu Oil.

Remember that you can see good results even without the Emu Oil, but if you are using it afterward be sure to apply a minimal amount. What most clients do is apply it by running the side of a clean finger through a half a pea-sized amount of Emu Oil. Then very gently dab very little underneath the eye. Remember that Emu Oil will seem to "move" or expand so apply it near where you want it, but not directly on the eyelash bed. Remove any excess with a clean tissue.

Others have become very successful by using some ingenuity and fiddling around with gentle Q-tip applications or clean eyeliner brush applications.

But the best tip if the Emu Oil continues to travel into the eye is to use less.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skin Biology,