Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
hidradenitis suppurativa Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
Hello! I was wondering if you have any ideas, suggestions, theories on this condition? The medical community is not much help when it comes to HS, and there are a lot of us out there who suffer from this condition. I believe it's an autoimmune or anti-inflammatory condition, but do you know of anything that could help the abscesses when they form? Some people have it so bad they have to resort to surgery, breast removal etc.

I wanted to add that I had a terrible case of it on my face several years ago, and while I do have scars it's not nearly as bad as it should've been. I have often wondered if it has anything to do with all of your copper products that I used to use about 10 or so years ago.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I should small add that some people find relief by taking large doses, 50-75mgs of zinc. Not sure how that relates to copper in the body, if at all.
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear maria64064:

Our hearts definitely go out to you! We hope you are able to find some relief.

However, this particular forum strictly for cosmetic product questions and advice.

Copper peptides are not intended to treat, improve, prevent, or affect any diagnosable skin condition.

Perhaps there are other groups online that discuss helpful theories and ideas on your condition.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Picture of Dr. Pickart
You need a balance of zinc and copper. Too much of one drives out the other. Probably about 6-8 mgs of zinc for each mg of copper.

We have had no reports of such problems and many clients and myself have used copper peptides for many years.