Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SS serum every other day? Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
I am curious if I would still get the tightening and wrinkle reduction if I only use the SS serum every other day? I also use tretinoin, so thought it would be good to alternate?
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Excellent question. I don't know about the tightening from the Collagen and Elastin Fragments since I've never used it that way.

However I do know the Copper part of SS will work just fine when used every other day.

My wife used CP serum every other day when first starting on Skin Biology. She continued every other day for I would say about 9 months and it worked just fine at remodeling and firming.

She is now on SS once per day so I am curious as well, if daily apps are required to benefit from the Collagen and Elastin Fragments during the building stage?

The second thing I wonder is how frequently SS needs to be used during the maintenance stage?
Thank you, Maxx. That's great that your wife got the benefits from every other day. I hope Skinbiology or Dr. Pickart answer, too. Maybe I should use the SS serum before the tretinoin, which would have me using the SS serum nightly then?
Your welcome and thanks for asking the question.

We've questioned among ourselves on the requirements for obtaining full benefits with the SS products.

But to my knowledge none of us has actually thought to ask Dr. Pickart or Skin Biology. Doh!
LOL. We all have those moments!
Picture of Skin Biology
Dear stillsearching:

We were able to speak with Dr. Pickart about your question.

He recommends, to get the most benefit from the product, you can use Skin Signals Solution or Skin Signals Cream at least 4 times a week.

So you do not have to use the product every single day to benefit from it.

"Consistent use" can be defined as relatively occasional use of the topical.

Best Wishes,
-Skin Biology
Great. Thanks so much for getting back to me. Should be perfect what I am doing then!
Picture of Dr. Pickart
quote:
Originally posted by stillsearching:
I am curious if I would still get the tightening and wrinkle reduction if I only use the SS serum every other day? I also use tretinoin, so thought it would be good to alternate?

Alternating days is a good idea.
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pickart:
quote:
Originally posted by stillsearching:

Alternating days is a good idea.

Dr. Pickart, I have decided to drop the tretinoin and focus strictly on the GHK and skin signals cream (GHK 1 night, SS the next, etc). Do you think alternating those 2 is also a good idea?

Also, is it OK to use pure rosehip oil either before or after the GHK and/or SS cream?
Picture of Dr. Pickart
Alternating the two will work fine.

Use the oil after the copper peptides. It will push more copper into the skin.